Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Well I've changed my mind.... - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (https://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (https://thebengalsboard.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (https://thebengalsboard.com/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Well I've changed my mind.... (/thread-38985.html)

Pages: 1 2

Well I've changed my mind.... - Sled21 - 09-08-2024

About pre-season. Just finished watching on Game Pass. The tackling in the 1st half was non-existent. There was no offense to even speak of. From now on, I'm on the train that says starters play at least one half of all pre-season games. I hope this stinker woke them up or KC will have a field day next week.

RE: Well I've changed my mind.... - michaelsean - 09-08-2024

They lay stinkers every year and Zac keeps doing the same thing. Too bad KC wasn’t today. Take the whooping and maybe be ready to play the Pats next week.

RE: Well I've changed my mind.... - THE PISTONS - 09-08-2024

I heard on SNF that 10 teams didn't have a starting qb play in preaseason.

Maybe the issue isn't preseason game reps. Maybe it's the light practices?

RE: Well I've changed my mind.... - Sled21 - 09-08-2024

(09-08-2024, 11:35 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I heard on SNF that 10 teams didn't have a starting qb play in preaseason.

That's true, but I'm talking about ALL the starters. The defense was horrible first half. It's like they had to re-learn to tackle.

RE: Well I've changed my mind.... - RegularGuy22 - 09-08-2024

I had a funny feeling about this game on Wednesday. I made a comment on a thread that they would come out flat and they didn't let me down.

RE: Well I've changed my mind.... - WildCat - 09-08-2024

(09-08-2024, 11:33 PM)michaelsean Wrote: They lay stinkers every year and Zac keeps doing the same thing. Too bad KC wasn’t today. Take the whooping and maybe be ready to play the Pats next week.

same result. as they'll have to play KC in KC as per the usual. KC was a must game win before this debacle. now it's live or die.

(09-08-2024, 11:36 PM)Sled21 Wrote: That's true, but I'm talking about ALL the starters. The defense was horrible first half. It's like they had to re-learn to tackle.

I think some is this new fangled easy training camps.

I'm with you though my friend. I'd play them in atleast 2 games.

(09-08-2024, 11:36 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: I had a funny feeling about this game on Wednesday. I made a comment on a thread that they would come out flat and they didn't let me down.

When I read people say we coukd win without Chase and Tee, I knew.

RE: Well I've changed my mind.... - WildCat - 09-08-2024

(09-08-2024, 11:33 PM)michaelsean Wrote: They lay stinkers every year and Zac keeps doing the same thing. Too bad KC wasn’t today. Take the whooping and maybe be ready to play the Pats next week.

KC was a must win game before this. now it's live or die. can't keep doing this @ arrowhead b/s. 

RE: Well I've changed my mind.... - RegularGuy22 - 09-08-2024

(09-08-2024, 11:40 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: When I read people say we coukd win without Chase and Tee, I knew.

I said myself they should be able to win without Tee and Chase if they are any kind of team at all and they HAD Chase?

RE: Well I've changed my mind.... - Arturo Bandini - 09-09-2024

Preseason is about rehearsal.

If you are a band and you don't do it, your first gig ain't gonna be a good one.

RE: Well I've changed my mind.... - wanga - 09-09-2024

It’s a constant. And it sucks.

RE: Well I've changed my mind.... - BengalYankee - 09-09-2024

(09-08-2024, 11:33 PM)michaelsean Wrote: They lay stinkers every year and Zac keeps doing the same thing. Too bad KC wasn’t today. Take the whooping

That's coming soon.  Ninja

RE: Well I've changed my mind.... - Nepa - 09-09-2024

(09-08-2024, 11:35 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I heard on SNF that 10 teams didn't have a starting qb play in preaseason.

The standard, though, is Andy Reid, who does play starters and says it's essential to get ready for the speed of actual games. He played Mahomes in two preseason games -- one for only a drive (like the Bengals), but one for a half. Mahomes also said it is essential to get ready for the regular season.

RE: Well I've changed my mind.... - XenoMorph - 09-09-2024

(09-08-2024, 11:32 PM)Sled21 Wrote: About pre-season. Just finished watching on Game Pass. The tackling in the 1st half was non-existent. There was no offense to even speak of. From now on, I'm on the train that says starters play at least one half of all pre-season games. I hope this stinker woke them up or KC will have a field day next week.

extra non pad days did them no favors

RE: Well I've changed my mind.... - TKUHL - 09-09-2024

I don't think it has much to do with pre season. Coaching is complete ass.

RE: Well I've changed my mind.... - Sled21 - 09-09-2024

(09-09-2024, 10:00 AM)TKUHL Wrote: I don't think it has much to do with pre season. Coaching is complete ass.

By the time players get to the NFL, they should not need coaching to know how to tackle and hold onto the ball. No team is going to win with 3 or 4 turnovers

RE: Well I've changed my mind.... - Sled21 - 09-09-2024

(09-08-2024, 11:41 PM)WildCat Wrote: KC was a must win game before this. now it's live or die. can't keep doing this @ arrowhead b/s. 

While a win would be nice, I don't see game 2 of tbe season as live or die. It's a little early for all that.

RE: Well I've changed my mind.... - ochocincos - 09-09-2024

(09-08-2024, 11:32 PM)Sled21 Wrote: About pre-season. Just finished watching on Game Pass. The tackling in the 1st half was non-existent. There was no offense to even speak of. From now on, I'm on the train that says starters play at least one half of all pre-season games. I hope this stinker woke them up or KC will have a field day next week.

Anyone catch if Taylor said, "We're on to Kansas City," in the presser after the game?  Smirk