Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
We need BOTH Chase and Higgins!!! - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (https://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (https://thebengalsboard.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (https://thebengalsboard.com/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: We need BOTH Chase and Higgins!!! (/thread-39064.html)

Pages: 1 2

We need BOTH Chase and Higgins!!! - BengalYankee - 09-16-2024

I know we had a stretch 2 years ago when Chase was out a few games and I think we were 3-1 in those games.

But this year it is clear we need BOTH superstars.

Think about it we might also lose Both superstars next year. Cry

RE: We need BOTH Chase and Higgins!!! - pally - 09-16-2024

(09-16-2024, 11:57 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: I know we had a stretch 2 years ago when Chase was out a few games and I think we were 3-1 in those games.

But this year it is clear we need BOTH superstars.

Think about it we might also lose Both superstars next year.  Cry

I don't think we will lose Chase.  They had an agreement on the amount.  It was how it was paid out that was the question.  MY guess is he wanted more up front this year and the team wanted to spread it out because they are paying Higgins this season.  Next year they won't have that problem

RE: We need BOTH Chase and Higgins!!! - TheCincinnatiKid - 09-16-2024

(09-16-2024, 12:21 PM)pally Wrote:  I don't think we will lose Chase.  They had an agreement on the amount.  It was how it was paid out that was the question.  MY guess is he wanted more up front this year and the team wanted to spread it out because they are paying Higgins this season.  Next year they won't have that problem

Agreed, we're not losing Chase unless he really doesn't want to be here, but I don't get that idea. Tee I think is a foregone conclusion personally.

RE: We need BOTH Chase and Higgins!!! - THE PISTONS - 09-16-2024

Higgins was above average last year, but not great. We need SB season Tee.

(09-16-2024, 12:21 PM)pally Wrote:  I don't think we will lose Chase.  They had an agreement on the amount.  It was how it was paid out that was the question.  MY guess is he wanted more up front this year and the team wanted to spread it out because they are paying Higgins this season.  Next year they won't have that problem

It really depends on if the Bengals will budget on that structure.

But, he'll almost certainly hold out next camp if he doesn't get an extension.

RE: We need BOTH Chase and Higgins!!! - Fan_in_Kettering - 09-16-2024

Maybe it’s just me, but I think simultaneously lining up Ja’Marr Chase, Tee Higgins, Andrei Iosivas, and Jermaine Burton with an empty backfield would give opposing defensive coordinators nightmares.

RE: We need BOTH Chase and Higgins!!! - George Cantstandya - 09-16-2024

A team that has struggled with rushing and been near the bottom of the league in that category for a while now will certainly benefit from having 2 very good WRs on the field. Hopefully Gesicki will also build on his progress from the last game.

Also I don't think Chase is going anywhere next year as he is under contact for his 5th year option with a guaranteed payout of $21.8 million at the start of the 2025 league year.  I guess he could try to play hardball and sit out and demand a trade if contract negotiations stall.  But I don't see that happening.

RE: We need BOTH Chase and Higgins!!! - TheLeonardLeap - 09-16-2024

We don't need both Chase and Higgins. We just need actual NFL-caliber WR depth behind them, not just a bunch of dudes. Can't have PS-caliber depth at WR because the dropoff is way too steep. Don't need a team full of starters, but you need more than what we've had for years and years now.

Plus an OC who can actually scheme to help their passcatchers get open AND importantly bring a little balance to the running/passing playcalling split.

We only ran the ball 22 times and 6 of those 22 times was Burrow for 9 yards. Only the Colts, Broncos, and Seahawks had less non-QB rushes than us. This is after Week 1 where we only ran the ball 16 times with Burrow being 4 of the 16.

RE: We need BOTH Chase and Higgins!!! - BengalYankee - 09-16-2024

(09-16-2024, 01:10 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: We don't need both Chase and Higgins. We just need actual NFL-caliber WR depth behind them, not just a bunch of dudes. Can't have PS-caliber depth at WR because the dropoff is way too steep. Don't need a team full of starters, but you need more than what we've had for years and years now.

Plus an OC who can actually scheme to help their passcatchers get open AND importantly bring a little balance to the running/passing playcalling split.

We only ran the ball 22 times and 6 of those 22 times was Burrow for 9 yards. Only the Colts, Broncos, and Seahawks had less non-QB rushes than us. This is after Week 1 where we only ran the ball 16 times with Burrow being 4 of the 16.

[Image: 270239157_10158022592891262_606058143091...e=66EE3DE0]

RE: We need BOTH Chase and Higgins!!! - TheLeonardLeap - 09-16-2024

(09-16-2024, 01:16 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: [Image: 270239157_10158022592891262_606058143091...e=66EE3DE0]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NFL_1,000-yard_receiving_trios

5 of them, 0 SBs

A balanced team with 1 really good weapon and quality depth is best.

RE: We need BOTH Chase and Higgins!!! - Mgbrown66 - 09-16-2024

(09-16-2024, 12:31 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Higgins was above average last year, but not great. We need SB season Tee.

42 receptions for 600+ yards and 5 TD's is above average?    For 21+ million dollars??

RE: We need BOTH Chase and Higgins!!! - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 09-16-2024

Agree, we will get an extension done with Chase. Tee is still hurt and we don't know if he will even play against the Commanders yet.

Dude has reocurring hammy issues. You don't pay top dollar for that.

(09-16-2024, 12:51 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Maybe it’s just me, but I think simultaneously lining up Ja’Marr Chase, Tee Higgins, Andrei Iosivas, and Jermaine Burton with an empty backfield would give opposing defensive coordinators nightmares.

Oh yeah, especially if Chase Brown is used correctly with the way he gets up to speed so quickly.

I liked how we used the TE's though in this one a lot. Gesicki and All are mismatches and I loved seeing this with the Bengals for once.

Been since Eifert in 2015 where we had a talent at TE and we have 2 of them IMO.

(09-16-2024, 12:51 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Maybe it’s just me, but I think simultaneously lining up Ja’Marr Chase, Tee Higgins, Andrei Iosivas, and Jermaine Burton with an empty backfield would give opposing defensive coordinators nightmares.

As long as the line could block it. When we went empty backfield, teams blitzed us.

It feels like our line is better.

(09-16-2024, 01:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Agree, we will get an extension done with Chase. Tee is still hurt and we don't know if he will even play against the Commanders yet.

Dude has reocurring hammy issues. You don't pay top dollar for that.

Oh yeah, especially if Chase Brown is used correctly with the way he gets up to speed so quickly.

I liked how we used the TE's though in this one a lot. Gesicki and All are mismatches and I loved seeing this with the Bengals for once.

Been since Eifert in 2015 where we had a talent at TE and we have 2 of them IMO.

It's got to be a training/imbalance issue, right? When a player keeps getting the same injury over and over.

RE: We need BOTH Chase and Higgins!!! - SunsetBengal - 09-16-2024

(09-16-2024, 01:32 PM)Mgbrown66 Wrote: 42 receptions for 600+ yards and 5 TD's is above average?    For 21+ million dollars??

With Higgins in the lineup, teams must assign one of their two best cover players to him because of what he has shown that he can do.

(09-16-2024, 02:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: With Higgins in the lineup, teams must assign one of their two best cover players to him because of what he has shown that he can do.

Yep. It literally changes things up for how teams defend us and opens things up for the other players.

Now, I think you're seeing that teams double Chase, then our other guys get some focus and they can't win their matchups.

RE: We need BOTH Chase and Higgins!!! - RegularGuy22 - 09-16-2024

SuperStars? Hardly. If they were they would have a couple SB trophys by now and not 0-2 to start the season.. Burrow, Chase, Higgins, OBJ are all overrated. When was the last time Bengals won a game? 0-3 preseason, 0-2 so far. 1-8 including the 3 from end of last year and only reason they beat the Browns is cause they were already in the playoffs and rested their starters. So, 1-8 including preseason (which I count) and 3 from last year end. Yep, a winning tradition with all these weapons and superstars.

There are clearly problems in the building. They always seem to be building, rebuilding but never get it built.

RE: We need BOTH Chase and Higgins!!! - Nicomo Cosca - 09-16-2024

(09-16-2024, 02:23 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: SuperStars? Hardly. If they were they would have a couple SB trophys by now and not 0-2 to start the season.. Burrow, Chase, Higgins, OBJ are all overrated. When was the last time Bengals won a game? 0-3 preseason, 0-2 so far. 1-8 including the 3 from end of last year and only reason they beat the Browns is cause they were already in the playoffs and rested their starters. So, 1-8 including preseason (which I count) and 3 from last year end. Yep, a winning tradition with all these weapons and superstars.

There are clearly problems in the building. They always seem to be building, rebuilding but never get it built.

Why is Orlando catching strays? He’s been one of the best LT’s in the league through the first couple weeks.

RE: We need BOTH Chase and Higgins!!! - J24 - 09-16-2024

Were not losing both players next off season; Chase is guaranteed 21 million next year and Higgins can be franchised in 2025 .

2.) I don't think we need both(but it is nice to have both on the team) to win a championship. We should spread the money out next offseason to help the team win a Lombardi!

RE: We need BOTH Chase and Higgins!!! - Mgbrown66 - 09-16-2024

(09-16-2024, 02:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: With Higgins in the lineup, teams must assign one of their two best cover players to him because of what he has shown that he can do.

This is literally every NFL defense.   They assign their two corners to cover your two starting X,Y receivers.