Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Bengals training camp, hire a consultant? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (https://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (https://thebengalsboard.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (https://thebengalsboard.com/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Bengals training camp, hire a consultant? (/thread-39094.html)

Bengals training camp, hire a consultant? - chopperbobby - 09-19-2024

Watching NE tonight and they look like crap, got me thinking. ZT is what, 1 and 11 first two games. Obvious coming out of camp not prepared.

Should we hire an out side consultant to review our pre season/off season and advise how to get a good start? Belichick, Saban. You know a good coach. It is clear we suck the 1st two games.

I know we did good last week but still lost.
Business do this when they get stuck. And I believe the bengals are stuck the 1st two games.

Who day

RE: Bengals training camp, hire a consultant? - Soonerpeace - 09-19-2024

(6 hours ago)chopperbobby Wrote: Watching NE tonight and they look like crap, got me thinking. ZT is what, 1 and 11 first two games. Obvious coming out of camp not prepared.

Should we hire an out side consultant to review our pre season/off season and advise how to get a good start? Belichick, Saban. You know a good coach. It is clear we suck the 1st two games.

I know we did good last week but still lost.
Business do this when they get stuck. And I believe the bengals are stuck the 1st two games.

Who day

Zac is close enough to Sean McVay, Matt LeFleur, Doug Pederson, and Dan Campbell to get advice.

RE: Bengals training camp, hire a consultant? - BengalsBong - 09-19-2024

The only thing different from this camp and camps years before under Zac is we played one drive on offense and defense in preseason. {other than Burrow not being injured} We still play two hand touch in practices and wrap our guys in bubble wrap to avoid injuries.

“Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”

We the fans are insane hoping for a win in week one or two.

But anyone that knows me personally knows I am batshit crazy.

lol Hell I even hoped for wins through the 90's every damn week.

RE: Bengals training camp, hire a consultant? - NATI BENGALS - 09-20-2024

I’d still rather get to the starting line healthy and win late in the year.

RE: Bengals training camp, hire a consultant? - BengalsBong - 09-20-2024

(4 hours ago)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I’d still rather get to the starting line healthy and win late in the year.

The Chiefs played more during preseason and had 1 guy on injury report we had like 8. I would bet they have more physical practices as well.

Injuries happen you cannot go into every season thinking we should not prepare our team for the opener, so we do not get injured.

It is not set in stone that we have knocked off the rust and jelled what if this takes 4 weeks?

We added a lot of new pieces to the puzzle this year we should have worked the bugs out when the games did not count against us.

RE: Bengals training camp, hire a consultant? - Brownshoe - 09-20-2024

I would be for it, for sure. I would want to win the division/AFC so we can play at home in the playoffs. Thats a massive advantage. We play the Chiefs hard every game, but both times Mahomes beat Burrow it was in KC. It's not like Mahomes doesn't step up his play in the post season as well. It seems pretty obvious that our practices are way too soft. We have piss poor tackling and Burrow seems like the game hasn't slowed down for him until a few weeks into the season. Once we're able to drill the fundamentals into our players in the preseason I feel like we would come out way better. I'm sure there's things you can do to help with that without being brutal and have a higher chance of players being injured. I feel like Lewis went pretty hard preseason and his teams didn't have too many camp injuries.