Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Jordan Battle - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (https://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (https://thebengalsboard.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (https://thebengalsboard.com/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Jordan Battle (/thread-39181.html)

Jordan Battle - pally - 09-30-2024

It is obvious he's been in the doghouse. Lou spoke about him

RE: Jordan Battle - GodFather - 09-30-2024

How bad did he come into camp considering the starters never heard of the term "tackle"

RE: Jordan Battle - sandwedge - 09-30-2024

Was he not really happy they brought Bell back?

RE: Jordan Battle - BengalsLUFC - 09-30-2024

(7 hours ago)sandwedge Wrote: Was he not really happy they brought Bell back?

Think that’s exactly the reason tbh.

You can understand why Lou had him in the doghouse to start the season Vonn was a big part of the team getting to the SB.

It’s not working out though and it’s time to put egos aside and get him on the field.

RE: Jordan Battle - DesertBengal - 09-30-2024

One of the big issues last year with the defense and explosive plays was the lack of communication in the secondary. I can only assume that the communication skills from Vonn tips the scales in his favor even though Battle may have better athleticism.

RE: Jordan Battle - casear2727 - 09-30-2024

(7 hours ago)GodFather Wrote: How bad did he come into camp considering the starters never heard of the term "tackle"

RE: Jordan Battle - Nicomo Cosca - 09-30-2024

I don’t buy he wasn’t ready. They handed Bell the job because he’s a vet. Battle looked fine to me in preseason. Had a pick 6 against the Colts.

RE: Jordan Battle - Soonerpeace - 09-30-2024

Is he playing on special teams? If he’s not he’s in the doghouse.

RE: Jordan Battle - TheLeonardLeap - 09-30-2024

(5 hours ago)Soonerpeace Wrote: Is he playing on special teams? If he’s not he’s in the doghouse.

I don't track that logic. Lou's doghouse isn't the same as Simmons' doghouse.

Carlos Dunlap played ST the year he was clearly in Lou's doghouse. Joe Bachie and Daijahn Anthony have both played more snaps on defense than Jordan Battle this year.

RE: Jordan Battle - bfine32 - 09-30-2024

Maybe we just don't like Alabama players. Pretty sure I saw Jermaine Burton on the side of a milk carton this morning

RE: Jordan Battle - Synric - 09-30-2024

(5 hours ago)Soonerpeace Wrote: Is he playing on special teams? If he’s not he’s in the doghouse.

If Jordan Battle is on the 53 and dressed on game days he's playing special teams doghouse be damned. Even Vonn Bell and Geno Stone play special teams. 

RE: Jordan Battle - Soonerpeace - 09-30-2024

(5 hours ago)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I don't track that logic. Lou's doghouse isn't the same as Simmons' doghouse.

Carlos Dunlap played ST the year he was clearly in Lou's doghouse. Joe Bachie and Daijahn Anthony have both played more snaps on defense than Jordan Battle this year.

So he is playing special teams? I maintain if he isn’t then he’s in the doghouse.

RE: Jordan Battle - Nicomo Cosca - 10-01-2024

(4 hours ago)Soonerpeace Wrote: So he is playing special teams? I maintain if he isn’t then he’s in the doghouse.

He’s played 61% of the ST snaps so far this season.

RE: Jordan Battle - Soonerpeace - 10-01-2024

(4 hours ago)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s played 61% of the ST snaps so far this season.

Then he may just be in the corner.

RE: Jordan Battle - Bengal Dude - 10-01-2024

The Battle situation is definitely a weird one. I know his name was a part of the communication issues last season, but Battle mentioned that he kept quiet mainly out him being a rookie and he didn't want to overstep his role. I just have no idea what has happened since the end of the last season, other than Vonn coming back.