Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Honor In Defeat The Way Bengals Played Ravens - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (https://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (https://thebengalsboard.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (https://thebengalsboard.com/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Honor In Defeat The Way Bengals Played Ravens (/thread-39222.html)

Honor In Defeat The Way Bengals Played Ravens - kevin - 10-06-2024

Odds Makers had this the TILT of the week, Baltimore was suppose to beat Bengals worse than they beat Buffalo. Instead it went into Overtime. Announcers said it was the best NFL game by both teams so far this year. Ravens could have won, Bengals could have won, but Ravens won on a field goal in overtime. Those who bet on the Bengals getting clobbered lost money.

Some of you may not buy into honor in defeat. However I thought Bengals played Kansas City and Baltimore tough. I wish Bengals had won, and I feel bad they lost. However I'm NOT ashamed of Bengals. They played a good game against a tough team today. Those saying to blow this team up and rebuild, I disagree. That was a good Bengals team out there today.

RE: Honor In Defeat The Way Bengals Played Ravens - TheLeonardLeap - 10-06-2024

(3 hours ago)kevin Wrote: Odds Makers had this the TILT of the week,

The Ravens were only 2.5 point favorites.

RE: Honor In Defeat The Way Bengals Played Ravens - casear2727 - 10-06-2024

(3 hours ago)kevin Wrote: Odds Makers had this the TILT of the week,   Baltimore was suppose to beat Bengals worse than they beat Buffalo.  Instead it went into Overtime.  Announcers said it was the best NFL game by both teams so far this year.  Ravens could have won, Bengals could have won, but Ravens won on a field goal in overtime.  Those who bet on the Bengals getting clobbered lost money.  

Some of you may not buy into honor in defeat.  However I thought Bengals played Kansas City and Baltimore tough.  I wish Bengals had won, and I feel bad they lost.  However I'm NOT ashamed of Bengals.  They played a good game against a tough team today.  Those saying to blow this team up and rebuild, I disagree.  That was a good Bengals team out there today.

If the defense isn't considered, "shameful", then I obviously do not know the proper definition of the word.

RE: Honor In Defeat The Way Bengals Played Ravens - Au165 - 10-06-2024

You are what your record says you are. They are one of the worst teams in the league and that is embarrassing.

RE: Honor In Defeat The Way Bengals Played Ravens - jj22 - 10-06-2024

(3 hours ago)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The Ravens were only 2.5 point favorites.

It was a good story. 

We should be past moral victories. Yet here we are. 

RE: Honor In Defeat The Way Bengals Played Ravens - bfine32 - 10-06-2024

DO NOT bring that positive shit into here. We're mad right now.

RE: Honor In Defeat The Way Bengals Played Ravens - jj22 - 10-06-2024

I wonder if Zac will give them a “we played them tough” Monday.

RE: Honor In Defeat The Way Bengals Played Ravens - reuben.ahmed - 10-06-2024

We are losers

RE: Honor In Defeat The Way Bengals Played Ravens - THE PISTONS - 10-06-2024

(3 hours ago)kevin Wrote: Odds Makers had this the TILT of the week,   Baltimore was suppose to beat Bengals worse than they beat Buffalo.  Instead it went into Overtime.  Announcers said it was the best NFL game by both teams so far this year.  Ravens could have won, Bengals could have won, but Ravens won on a field goal in overtime.  Those who bet on the Bengals getting clobbered lost money.  

Some of you may not buy into honor in defeat.  However I thought Bengals played Kansas City and Baltimore tough.  I wish Bengals had won, and I feel bad they lost.  However I'm NOT ashamed of Bengals.  They played a good game against a tough team today.  Those saying to blow this team up and rebuild, I disagree.  That was a good Bengals team out there today.

We find ways to lose.

There was some good, sure. But, 1-4 is 1-4.

RE: Honor In Defeat The Way Bengals Played Ravens - Joelist - 10-06-2024

We're a 1-4 team whose offense has played well enough to be 4-1. That's why I 've had it with Lou - no matter the talent level no defense should be THIS bad. It might not be great but even with this talent we should be getting average to slightly below average defense. Watching a pass rush that never gets home coupled with WIDE OPEN receivers every single game fairly screams there is a misfit between the scheme and the abilities of the players. A good DC would (at least temporarily) scrap their beloved scheme and install something that - however simplified - the players can at least execute.

RE: Honor In Defeat The Way Bengals Played Ravens - Gdale_Bengal - 10-06-2024

Our record is 1-4. That’s what matters. That’s the season. The defense can’t magically make a turn around. It’s not coached well enough. Not enough playmakers. Not enough talent

RE: Honor In Defeat The Way Bengals Played Ravens - rfaulk34 - 10-07-2024

Sorry, but **** being proud of how hard they played. Stop ***** up and losing close games. I’ve got zero pats on the back and we’ll get em next times.

RE: Honor In Defeat The Way Bengals Played Ravens - Ell Prez - 10-07-2024

(3 hours ago)kevin Wrote: Odds Makers had this the TILT of the week, Baltimore was suppose to beat Bengals worse than they beat Buffalo. Instead it went into Overtime. Announcers said it was the best NFL game by both teams so far this year. Ravens could have won, Bengals could have won, but Ravens won on a field goal in overtime. Those who bet on the Bengals getting clobbered lost money.

Some of you may not buy into honor in defeat. However I thought Bengals played Kansas City and Baltimore tough. I wish Bengals had won, and I feel bad they lost. However I'm NOT ashamed of Bengals. They played a good game against a tough team today. Those saying to blow this team up and rebuild, I disagree. That was a good Bengals team out there today.

As someone else said, if anyone bet the ravens they cashed out. They covered the spread (-2.5).

In a vacuum, losing in OT to the Ravens isn’t bad. If we were 3-1 coming in to this game, it would be a different story. But we’re 1-4. Who have we beaten? The panthers? Wow. Does it even matter if we beat the Giants next week? For the record I don’t think we will. But if we beat the bottom feeders of the league and finish with 6 wins, what did we accomplish this year? This team isn’t making the playoffs. The hardest thing is, like all of us, I waited all off season to see Joe Burrow back and this team stake their claim as King of the North. We’re so far from that, it’s just sad and pathetic. What good does having all these weapons and scoring 38 points a game if we give up 40 every week. This isn’t possible, but I think we would be a better team if we had a top 5 defense and a bunch of nobodies + Burrow

RE: Honor In Defeat The Way Bengals Played Ravens - BengalsBong - 10-07-2024

(2 hours ago)Joelist Wrote: We're a 1-4 team whose offense has played well enough to be 4-1. That's why I 've had it with Lou - no matter the talent level no defense should be THIS bad. It might not be great but even with this talent we should be getting average to slightly below average defense. Watching a pass rush that never gets home coupled with WIDE OPEN receivers every single game fairly screams there is a misfit between the scheme and the abilities of the players. A good DC would (at least temporarily) scrap their beloved scheme and install something that - however simplified - the players can at least execute.

Like Zim and other DC we have had did in the past. Lou just refuses to adapt and change to improve things. Lou is ok with waiting till next year to get players that fit his wants and needs.