Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Eagles-Bengals time change - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (https://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (https://thebengalsboard.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (https://thebengalsboard.com/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Eagles-Bengals time change (/thread-39288.html)

Eagles-Bengals time change - pally - 10-15-2024

If you had tickets to the Eagles game on the 27th, the game now has a 1 PM kickoff instead of the national 4:25 game time slot. For some reason the NFL seems to think the Commanders with Jayden Daniels vs the Bears with Caleb Williams will be a better, more interesting game.

RE: Eagles-Bengals time change - SunsetBengal - 10-15-2024

Likely because they're both major market teams with winning records.

RE: Eagles-Bengals time change - Truck_1_0_1_ - 10-15-2024

(Yesterday, 03:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Likely because they're both major market teams with winning records.

Picks 1 and 2 in this year's draft and both are looking competent or better.

RE: Eagles-Bengals time change - Au165 - 10-15-2024

Honestly, someone in scheduling screwed this up a long time ago because this game should have always been that slot even before we knew they were decent.

RE: Eagles-Bengals time change - Nepa - 10-15-2024

(Yesterday, 03:34 PM)pally Wrote: If you had tickets to the Eagles game on the 27th, the game now has a 1 PM kickoff instead of the national 4:25 game time slot.  For some reason the NFL seems to think the Commanders with Jayden Daniels vs the Bears with Caleb Williams will be a better, more interesting game.

Just as long as the game doesn't start after Burrow's 8pm bedtime. 

RE: Eagles-Bengals time change - Soonerpeace - 10-15-2024

(Yesterday, 03:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Likely because they're both major market teams with winning records.

And exciting new QB’s.

RE: Eagles-Bengals time change - SunsetBengal - 10-15-2024

(Yesterday, 04:24 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: And exciting new QB’s.

Yeah, that popped into my head right after I posted, but by then someone else had already mentioned it.

RE: Eagles-Bengals time change - Essex Johnson - 10-15-2024

(Yesterday, 03:34 PM)pally Wrote: If you had tickets to the Eagles game on the 27th, the game now has a 1 PM kickoff instead of the national 4:25 game time slot.  For some reason the NFL seems to think the Commanders with Jayden Daniels vs the Bears with Caleb Williams will be a better, more interesting game.

It is a more appealing game washington and Chicago over achieving , bengals and eagles underachieving 

RE: Eagles-Bengals time change - pally - 10-15-2024

(Yesterday, 05:22 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: It is a more appealing game washington and Chicago over achieving , bengals and eagles underachieving 

I guess I should have put a sarcasm alert on my last line

RE: Eagles-Bengals time change - Awful Llama - 10-15-2024

Fine by me.  I'll take a 1:00 kickoff for every single game.

RE: Eagles-Bengals time change - Awful Llama - 10-15-2024

Mo just said on 1530 that by virtue of it being at 1:00 it will reach a larger portion of the country than if it would have remained 4:25. Seems like the opposite would be true but I guess we'll see when the map is posted here.

RE: Eagles-Bengals time change - pally - 10-15-2024

(Yesterday, 06:58 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Mo just said on 1530 that by virtue of it being at 1:00 it will reach a larger portion of the country than if it would have remained 4:25.  Seems like the opposite would be true but I guess we'll see when the map is posted here.

He may be right...the other CBS 1 PM games are Baltimore at Cleveland, NY Jets at New England, and Indy at Houston.  It's a CBS doubleheader day so one of those games will get a wider distribution in the West Coast.  Philly and Cincinnati both have a bigger national presence than the other teams.  Those first 2 games won't go past their usual markets