Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Zim is coming home - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (https://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (https://thebengalsboard.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (https://thebengalsboard.com/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Zim is coming home (/thread-6711.html)

Pages: 1 2

Zim is coming home - Sled21 - 06-16-2016

But only for a couple of practices. Bengals will practice with the Vikings  twice on the PBS practice fields prior to the pre season game. That would be a great session to go to ....

RE: Zim is coming home - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 06-16-2016

(06-16-2016, 02:59 PM)Sled21 Wrote: But only for a couple of practices. Bengals will practice with the Vikings  twice on the PBS practice fields prior to the pre season game. That would be a great session to go to ....

Still is pretty damn cool, even if it is just practice. Have great respect for Zim and have been quietly
rooting for the Vikings ever since he got there. That is how much i respect the guy and i have heard
a few others that have done the same.

Always a Bengal fan but if there is another team i root for it is probably Zim's team.

RE: Zim is coming home - Benton - 06-16-2016

Not the way I wanted to see Zim as head coach on the Bengals' field.

RE: Zim is coming home - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 06-16-2016

(06-16-2016, 03:17 PM)Benton Wrote: Not the way I wanted to see Zim as head coach on the Bengals' field.

True. Sad

RE: Zim is coming home - Bengal Dude - 06-16-2016

(06-16-2016, 03:17 PM)Benton Wrote: Not the way I wanted to see Zim as head coach on the Bengals' field.

Bingo.

RE: Zim is coming home - jason - 06-16-2016

Mike Zimmer instantly transformed a garbage D into a respectable unit in 2008. He handled the pain of losing his wife and becoming a single father like a champ. He gets the most outta his guys (Wallace Gilberry anyone?), And truly cares for them. I will always be a fan of his.

RE: Zim is coming home - SHRacerX - 06-16-2016

I have become a closet Vikings fan ever since they hired Zim. When I used to hear how he "didn't interview well", or some BS about how he called a spade a spade (or in the case of the former Louisville coach, a jackass a jackass) it always made me feel sick. Rationalize the decision not to hire him all you want, but i always thought that was a bunch of crap.

Nice to see he is getting the last laugh, although it was more than a little disconcerting when that FG that was closer than an extra point was missed, dropping them out of the playoffs.

He will always be a part of the Mount Rushmore of "When The Bengals Turned Into Winners".

RE: Zim is coming home - jason - 06-16-2016

(06-16-2016, 05:12 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I have become a closet Vikings fan ever since they hired Zim. When I used to hear how he "didn't interview well", or some BS about how he called a spade a spade (or in the case of the former Louisville coach, a jackass a jackass) it always made me feel sick. Rationalize the decision not to hire him all you want, but i always thought that was a bunch of crap.

Nice to see he is getting the last laugh, although it was more than a little disconcerting when that FG that was closer than an extra point was missed, dropping them out of the playoffs.

He will always be a part of the Mount Rushmore of "When The Bengals Turned Into Winners".
I agree.... I was afraid of losing him after his first season in Cincinnati. I don't think it was bad interviews so much as his very gruff exterior. I don't think there is a shred of "yes man" in him. Your spade comment is spot on. Do you remember when he had Tank Johnson in his office the first time they were on Hard Knocks? That's how you give a grown man a talkin to. Tank completely responded to it too. Great coach. Great leader in general.

RE: Zim is coming home - Go Cards - 06-17-2016

(06-16-2016, 03:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Still is pretty damn cool, even if it is just practice. Have great respect for Zim and have been quietly
rooting for the Vikings ever since he got there. That is how much i respect the guy and i have heard
a few others that have done the same.

Always a Bengal fan but if there is another team i root for it is probably Zim's team.

Same here except not so quietly. 

Big Zimmer fan and a big Bridgewater fan as well. 

First time ever pulling another team actually. 

Still it is Bengals all the way, but a secondary team for me until both leave. 

Just need both to meet in SB now. 

P.S. Like Marvin more than some, yet still hate seeing Zimmer get away and would have loved him being our HC. 

RE: Zim is coming home - Lewdog - 06-17-2016

I hate Mike Zimmer.

Because he isn't our head coach. (Insert Ninja smilie here) P.S. Why don't I get to use smilies?

RE: Zim is coming home - SHRacerX - 06-17-2016

(06-17-2016, 12:36 AM)Go Cards Wrote: P.S. Like Marvin more than some, yet still hate seeing Zimmer get away and would have loved him being our HC. 

With you on the Marvin comment as well.  He drives me nuts with some in-game clock management, but he is an incredible scout and the biggest reason for our turnaround.  

RE: Zim is coming home - BengalFanInNJ - 06-17-2016

Of all the coaches/players that have left the Bengals, losing Zimmer was the worst. I was happy for him because he deserves it, but, I really hoped he wasn't going to get any offers.

RE: Zim is coming home - jj22 - 06-17-2016

This will be a setback for those of us just now starting to get over losing him. Vikes are lucky to have him leading them. I know the team and fans love him.

RE: Zim is coming home - yellowxdiscipline - 06-17-2016

Zim should be our HC....

RE: Zim is coming home - Interceptor - 06-17-2016

(06-17-2016, 12:51 AM)Lewdog Wrote: I hate Mike Zimmer.  

Because he isn't our head coach.  (Insert Ninja smilie here)  P.S.  Why don't I get to use smilies?

Ninja

RE: Zim is coming home - Nately120 - 06-17-2016

(06-17-2016, 10:30 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Zim should be our HC....

Who else has been mentioned as "the next HC" during Marvin's run?

I recall Zimmer, Hue, and Vance Joseph, specifically.

RE: Zim is coming home - Big Boss - 06-17-2016

I don't suppose we could get away with a Parent Trap situation and swap Lewis and Zimmer right under Minnesota's nose.

RE: Zim is coming home - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 06-17-2016

(06-17-2016, 12:36 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Same here except not so quietly. 

Big Zimmer fan and a big Bridgewater fan as well. 

First time ever pulling another team actually. 

Still it is Bengals all the way, but a secondary team for me until both leave. 

Just need both to meet in SB now. 

P.S. Like Marvin more than some, yet still hate seeing Zimmer get away and would have loved him being our HC. 

T-New is still there isn't he?

I also like Harrison Smith their Safety if he is still there.

Then Zim went and brought in 2 underperforming former Bengals in Lamur and Andre...

That would say something pretty amazing about Zim if he could turn those two into what they were propped up to be at one time.

RE: Zim is coming home - Bengal Dude - 06-17-2016

(06-17-2016, 01:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Who else has been mentioned as "the next HC" during Marvin's run?

I recall Zimmer, Hue, and Vance Joseph, specifically.

Those are the only three. Nobody with a brain was clamoring for Brat or Bresnehan.

RE: Zim is coming home - Lewdog - 06-17-2016

(06-17-2016, 04:20 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Those are the only three. Nobody with a brain was clamoring for Brat or Bresnehan.

I do think Zampese has gotten some looks.  Didn't he interview for a few positions elsewhere?  It helps that he is related to Don Coryell.