Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Gil Brandt's Stats - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (https://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (https://thebengalsboard.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (https://thebengalsboard.com/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Gil Brandt's Stats (/thread-8512.html)

Pages: 1 2

Gil Brandt's Stats - wolfkaosaun - 10-25-2016

So throughout 7 weeks, Gil Brandt has shown some stats from offensive lineman to defensive lineman and so on. There's a few Bengals on the lists, for both good and bad reasons.

Lowest defensive back burn rate percentage
Newman 37%
Brock 42%
Trufant 44%
Jenkins 44%
Butler 46%
Kirkpatrick 47%
McCourty 48%
Claiborne 48%

Most defensive front seven pressures
Donald 36
Miller 26
Dunlap 25
Graham 24
Vernon 24
C.Jones 23
Hughes 23
Suh 23
JPP 22

Most offensive lineman sacks allowed
Barksdale 7.5
Sambrailo 6
Ogbuehi, 5
J.James 5
Ijalana 5
Remmers, Decker, Humphries, Turner 4.5

Most offensive lineman pressures allowed
Ogbuehi 23
Pasztor 21
Hart 20
Reiff 19
Remmers 18
Villanueva, Clady 17
Decker, Clark, D.Smith 16

Wide receivers with most clutch receptions
Evans 34
J.Jones 32
Green 31
Hilton 30
A.Brown 30
Fitzgerald 30
Crabtree 30
E.Sanders 27

So with every list Brandt created (besides the RB stuff percentage), a Bengals player has been on it. Granted, Ogubehi is obviously the biggest blemish. But seeing Kirkpatrick being one of the lowest in getting burned (and has overall had a very good season but no one likes to admit that). Dunlap with the 3rd most pressures. And of course, Green being one of the best out there.

So, while Ogubehi has obviously struggled, we still have some very talented players doing well despite our record.

RE: Gil Brandt's Stats - Au165 - 10-25-2016

(10-25-2016, 04:16 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: So throughout 7 weeks, Gil Brandt has shown some stats from offensive lineman to defensive lineman and so on. There's a few Bengals on the lists, for both good and bad reasons.

Lowest defensive back burn rate percentage
Newman 37%
Brock 42%
Trufant 44%
Jenkins 44%
Butler 46%
Kirkpatrick 47%
McCourty 48%
Claiborne 48%

Most defensive front seven pressures
Donald 36
Miller 26
Dunlap 25
Graham 24
Vernon 24
C.Jones 23
Hughes 23
Suh 23
JPP 22

Most offensive lineman sacks allowed
Barksdale 7.5
Sambrailo 6
Ogbuehi, 5
J.James 5
Ijalana 5
Remmers, Decker, Humphries, Turner 4.5

Most offensive lineman pressures allowed
Ogbuehi 23
Pasztor 21
Hart 20
Reiff 19
Remmers 18
Villanueva, Clady 17
Decker, Clark, D.Smith 16

Wide receivers with most clutch receptions
Evans 34
J.Jones 32
Green 31
Hilton 30
A.Brown 30
Fitzgerald 30
Crabtree 30
E.Sanders 27

So with every list Brandt created (besides the RB stuff percentage), a Bengals player has been on it. Granted, Ogubehi is obviously the biggest blemish. But seeing Kirkpatrick being one of the lowest in getting burned (and has overall had a very good season but no one likes to admit that). Dunlap with the 3rd most pressures. And of course, Green being one of the best out there.

So, while Ogubehi has obviously struggled, we still have some very talented players doing well despite our record.

I heard a comment about Kirkpatrick during game where the guy said he is one of the best statistically this year in not allowing receptions or something.

RE: Gil Brandt's Stats - Yojimbo - 10-25-2016

My problem with Kirkpatrick is two fold. First, he doesn't get enough INTs to pay him like an elite corner and he's going to be asking for a lot of money. Second, he's basically Gresham. He plays well for stretches and then makes some boneheaded penalty or missed tackle at the worst possible time.

RE: Gil Brandt's Stats - Au165 - 10-25-2016

(10-25-2016, 04:27 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: My problem with Kirkpatrick is two fold. First, he doesn't get enough INTs to pay him like an elite corner and he's going to be asking for a lot of money. Second, he's basically Gresham. He plays well for stretches and then makes some boneheaded penalty or missed tackle at the worst possible time.

I just looked it up, surprisingly only 4 penalties this year. I am okay with paying him average starter money honestly. I think he may actually be a solid #2 CB but we here have just been to close to see it because of how he has been in the past.

RE: Gil Brandt's Stats - milksheikh - 10-25-2016

How is the WR clutch catch thing calculated?

RE: Gil Brandt's Stats - J24 - 10-25-2016

We might have the best 10 core in the league the problem is our supporting cast is somewhat awful.

RE: Gil Brandt's Stats - bengals67 - 10-25-2016

Our main problem is that they have not had a quality center for 11 years.

It is madness that this problem has not been fixed.

As I have stated before- Paul Brown's first pick was a center. Why are current management and coaches committed to making the same wrong choice over and over thinking this position can be dealt with by an undersized 4 to 6 round draft pick.

RE: Gil Brandt's Stats - Synric - 10-25-2016

(10-25-2016, 04:27 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: My problem with Kirkpatrick is two fold. First, he doesn't get enough INTs to pay him like an elite corner and he's going to be asking for a lot of money. Second, he's basically Gresham. He plays well for stretches and then makes some boneheaded penalty or missed tackle at the worst possible time.

Bengals play alot of man coverage which cuts down on INTs made by the corners.

RE: Gil Brandt's Stats - TheCincinnatiKid - 10-25-2016

(10-25-2016, 04:30 PM)Au165 Wrote: I just looked it up, surprisingly only 4 penalties this year. I am okay with paying him average starter money honestly. I think he may actually be a solid #2 CB but we here have just been to close to see it because of how he has been in the past.

Yeah I agree with this. Kirkpatrick has impressed me this year tbh, he's not making any game-changing plays but you're not seeing many mistakes involving him. Gotta try and keep him, but certainly can't be for #1 money.

RE: Gil Brandt's Stats - TSwigZ - 10-25-2016

How about Newman 37 year old ch killing it for zim

RE: Gil Brandt's Stats - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 10-25-2016

Great stuff Wolf. Kirkpatrick has played much better this season so this does not surprise me. I am for bringing him back now.

Dunlap only below Donald and Von Miller is pretty sweet, doesn't surprise me either. Geno has not been as good as i thought he would be.

Of course the Og bad stats don't surprise me. We have watched the games.

Green has played great this year and i think is the best WR in the league right now.

RE: Gil Brandt's Stats - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 10-25-2016

(10-25-2016, 06:43 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: How about Newman 37 year old ch killing it for zim

Good for T-New, great dude and is playing his ass off at 37. Crazy. Cool

RE: Gil Brandt's Stats - leonardfan40 - 10-25-2016

(10-25-2016, 04:45 PM)milksheikh Wrote: How is the WR clutch catch thing calculated?

No idea but I'd imagine it would have something to do with 3rd down and/or last 2 mins of half. 

RE: Gil Brandt's Stats - fredtoast - 10-25-2016

(10-25-2016, 06:43 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: How about Newman 37 year old ch killing it for zim

Remember when we signed him 4 years ago?  He had just been ran out of Dallas because he was old (34), washed up, and could not cover anymore.

RE: Gil Brandt's Stats - GreenCornBengal - 10-25-2016

Kirkpatrick has played well for a while now, I'm not surprised.

People love to rag on him, but he is a solid starter in this league. Hopefully he realizes that when we send him the contract offer. That being said, he could easily land a large contract elsewhere with how he is playing right now.

RE: Gil Brandt's Stats - JustcallmeDaddy - 10-26-2016

So Kirkpatrick gets burned almost half the time a pass is thrown his way? How is the burn rate stat to be interpreted?

RE: Gil Brandt's Stats - SHRacerX - 10-26-2016

(10-25-2016, 05:41 PM)J24 Wrote: We might have the best 10 core in the league the problem is our supporting cast is somewhat awful.

I can see why you would think this with their rankings this season and their record, but I honestly believe it comes down to a few key cogs that are causing the entire machine to sputter:

On offense:  Ced O and Bodine.  No, Zeitler isn't playing top 5 Guard either, but these two are getting a lot of pressure against Andy, and against teams without great pass rushers.  The running game is nonexistant (with the lone exception being this past weekend) due in large part to Bodine, but the scheme is just as guilty)  I heard a stat that the Bengals rank #30 in the NFL in "sack differential" with a -7.  That is really, really bad.  Which leads me to the next point. 

On defense:  Michael Johnson.  He looks lazy out there.  He doesn't make good reads, he doesn't get good blind-side pressure, despite never getting double teamed thanks to Geno and Dunlap.  So many of the big runs this team gives up are cut-backs where he loses containment.  Now I see the team dropping him in to coverage where he just loafs along and can't cover anyone.  

LB play on the defense has been similarly poor in run recognition and TE/RB coverage.  Vinny Rey has been the best in the group and has played very well.  I am hoping that Tez will return to form, since this is essentially his final preseason game, due to his suspension.  

RE: Gil Brandt's Stats - fredtoast - 10-26-2016

(10-26-2016, 08:44 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: On defense:  Michael Johnson.  He looks lazy out there.  He doesn't make good reads, he doesn't get good blind-side pressure, despite never getting double teamed thanks to Geno and Dunlap.  So many of the big runs this team gives up are cut-backs where he loses containment.  Now I see the team dropping him in to coverage where he just loafs along and can't cover anyone.  

Only 6 DEs in the entire league have more QB hurries than MJ.

Only 11 DEs have more tackles for loss.

Ony 20 DEs have more QB hits.

RE: Gil Brandt's Stats - Daddy-O - 10-26-2016

Sounds like you just defined some of the best corners in the league!

RE: Gil Brandt's Stats - Brownshoe - 10-26-2016

(10-25-2016, 04:45 PM)milksheikh Wrote: How is the WR clutch catch thing calculated?

I would like to know too. Green has had 50 receptions this year. Meaning only 19 of them weren't "clutch"