Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ring of honor
(04-08-2021, 03:53 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I know he would go sideline to sideline prior to his injury, after he broke his leg it was pretty much from end to end of the line. Simply put, he was a beast.
Omitting the picture (ouch) but it says everything about Krumrie.  He simply wanted that tackle more than his leg could handle. That's 110% effort.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2021, 08:53 AM)fredtoast Wrote: At first I was going to argue that Ken Anderson is such an obvious pick that he should be automatic like Brown and Munoz. But even though Anderson is one of the greatest Bengals of all time he is still not like Munoz who was one of the greatest of all time for the entire league.

So while everyone knows Anderson should get in the first year it is still proper to give a higher honor to Munoz.

Anderson should 100% be in the NFL Hall-of-Fame already, but the fact that we have to argue for his induction proves that Munoz was on a different level.

This is true and is just another example of how dominant #78 was.

I read that Cris Collinsworth said that they should only put PB and Munoz in the first year and he has a point. I just think they want the fans to feel included. Also if it is the Kens who get in then that might improve their HOF chances a little.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2021, 12:29 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: This is true and is just another example of how dominant #78 was.

I read that Cris Collinsworth said that they should only put PB and Munoz in the first year and he has a point.  I just think they want the fans to feel included. Also if it is the Kens who get in then that might improve their HOF chances a little.

There's no doubt both Kens should be and will be in the Ring of Honor. But after the HOF snubs and this past years omission of Riley from the NFL Memoriam, he needs to go in this year for his families sake. 
Reply/Quote
If HOFer's are automatic does that mean Charlie Joiner will be in?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2021, 12:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If HOFer's are automatic does that mean Charlie Joiner will be in?

He’ll be inducted with T.O.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2021, 08:48 AM)fredtoast Wrote: All "non-offensive" tds.

You cited the same source I did.  Pro-football-reference.com.  NFL Non-Offensive Touchdowns Career Leaders | Pro-Football-Reference.com (pro-football-reference.com)  

Don't know how holding the career NFL record for 20 years is not "impressive".  

Didn't say it wasn't impressive. Said the individual return numbers on their own didn't stand out. 

Like 4 punt returns on its own isn't a huge number. That's why I asked if they were talking all combined. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2021, 12:29 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: This is true and is just another example of how dominant #78 was.

I read that Cris Collinsworth said that they should only put PB and Munoz in the first year and he has a point.  I just think they want the fans to feel included. Also if it is the Kens who get in then that might improve their HOF chances a little.

He is definitely in another realm. Only Bengal in the HOF, and that is not only because he was great, it is because he can be in the discussion of one of the greatest to ever play the position. 
Reply/Quote
It sounds like Elizabeth Blackburn was one of the people really pushing for this, using information she's gathered from fans across social media.

She has been doing a great job bringing the fans' perspective and especially connecting with Millennials and Gen-Z, which was severely lacking from the FO before she arrived.

All hail Queen Elizabeth!
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2021, 02:13 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It sounds like Elizabeth Blackburn was one of the people really pushing for this, using information she's gathered from fans across social media.

She has been doing a great job bringing the fans' perspective and especially connecting with Millennials and Gen-Z, which was severely lacking from the FO before she arrived.

All hail Queen Elizabeth!

Good.

Leave us younger folk with a new, revamped love and appreciation for the team going forward, while kicking all of the old, cynical, negative pukes aside. Only problem with that is us young people don't really have the money that the old folks do... I guess that's why they are trying to give perks to the, "long-standing season ticket holders," to help them feel more appreciated.

How one can see GENUINE smiles and positivity on her face and not feel good about evolution and attempting to change what she can control (that's the key), is a testament to just how toxic the world has become.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2021, 02:51 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: How one can see GENUINE smiles and positivity on her face and not feel good about evolution and attempting to change what she can control (that's the key), is a testament to just how toxic the world has become.

Yeah, Lol

Seeing a bengals employee smile about the ring of honor, and not being wowed by it,  is a 'testament to just how toxic the world has become.'

What a drama queen. 
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2021, 03:20 PM)AQIndianHill Wrote: Yeah, Lol

Seeing a bengals employee smile about the ring of honor, and not being wowed by it,  is a 'testament to just how toxic the world has become.'

What a drama queen. 

Case in point.

Nice to see your alt come out of hiding.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2021, 02:51 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Good.

Leave us younger folk with a new, revamped love and appreciation for the team going forward, while kicking all of the old, cynical, negative pukes aside. Only problem with that is us young people don't really have the money that the old folks do... I guess that's why they are trying to give perks to the, "long-standing season ticket holders," to help them feel more appreciated.

How one can see GENUINE smiles and positivity on her face and not feel good about evolution and attempting to change what she can control (that's the key), is a testament to just how toxic the world has become.

I won't disagree with you too much here.  I like the energy and genuine fan like perspective she brings. There's probably some truth to the comment about toxicity in the culture. 

BUT

When viewed from the perspective of how much time these changes took to be brought forward, how other parts of the core end of the organization have still mostly stuck with the non-effective methods,  the fleecing of the city in getting a sweetheart deal etc., I can understand the argument of a large contingency of fans feeling as if these measures that Elizabeth is bringing forth are LONG OVERDUE. In that sense while it's refreshing in comparison to what people have seen for decades,  just how much credit should be given to measures which fans have deserved for many decades finally being given in such a delayed fashion? One might even view it with some skepticism in light of the fact that the stadium lease is up in five ish years.

With all that said,  almost none of it is a reflection on EB. She genuinely feels more like us fans in comparison to the shrewd and aloof previous generations of her family.  I do appreciate her.  But when considering the economics of the billion dollar business that is an NFL franchise,  fans cannot be faulted for questioning the delay in such engagement and the timing.  Not to mention we haven't seen such changes in the approach to the football side of running the franchise. A part where unfortunately EB doesn't have much,  if any input. 

Again,  I am happy that EB is engaging with the fans this way and will credit her appropriately,  however,  I also feel  things must be measuredly put in the proper perspective. Basically, I'm not ready to say "All hail anyone from the Brown family" just yet. 
Reply/Quote
Do any of you guys think that in the coming years Mike Brown won't somehow get inducted into the ROH? How would you feel if he does? Do you feel it would effectively reduce the validity of the ROH? Do you think this simply won't happen? Just curious about your thoughts.

Perhaps this should be in its own thread.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2021, 03:23 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: I won't disagree with you too much here.  I like the energy and genuine fan like perspective she brings. There's probably some truth to the comment about toxicity in the culture. 

BUT

When viewed from the perspective of how much time these changes took to be brought forward, how other parts of the core end of the organization has still mostly stuck with the non effective methods,  the fleecing of the city in getting a sweetheart deal etc., I can understand the argument of a large contingency of fans feeling as if these measures that Elizabeth is bringing forth are LONG OVERDUE. In that sense while it's refreshing in comparison to what people have seen for decades,  just how much credit should be given to measures which fans have deserved for many decades finally being given in such a delayed fashion? One might even view it with some skepticism in light of the fact that the stadium lease is up in five ish years.

With all that said,  almost none of it is a reflection on EB. She genuinely feels more like us fans in comparison to the shrewd and aloof previous generations of her family.  I do appreciate her.  But when considering the economics of the billion dollar business that is an NFL franchise,  fans cannot be faulted for questioning the delay in such engagement and the timing.  Not to mention we haven't seen such changes in the approach to the football side of running the franchise. A part where unfortunately EB doesn't have much,  if any input. 

Again,  I am happy that EB is engaging with the fans this way and will credit her appropriately,  however,  I also feel  things must be measuredly put in the proper perspective. Basically,  in not ready to say "All hail anyone from the Brown family" just yet. 

Agree wholeheartedly. I completely see the other side of it and it is a valid attitude to have... but take it up with her parents and Grandfather.

I also am not on the, "Hail Queen," side that Ocho wrote above LOL, but from what I take from it, she's a person who has been gaining feedback for a few years now, mingling and getting a, "beat from the street," vibe from fans on Social Media, in-person, etc., etc., she's listened and has tried (and succeeded, for that matter) to get a RoH going, tried to boost fan engagement, change jerseys into a more-modern look and style (we hope lol) and she's been able to achieve those goals in only a year and a bit. These are the things that Elizabeth Blackburn can control and try to make a difference for, DIRECTLY. And she does it with clear, genuine, affection and excitement for the team and the fanbase. When Mike Brown, Troy and Katie Blackburn, "don't want to hire a GM, build a practice facility, etc.," the younger Blackburn should NOT have to deal with the toxicity and vitriol that the fanbase has spewed at her.

This renewed enthusiasm should be, not celebrated per se, but recognized as a sign that some things are indeed changing for the better and that someone in that building is trying to get fans requests/wishes to be taken seriously, even if the rest of the building couldn't care less about what the fans want (not saying that is the case here, either). Onward and upward, not toxic and crybaby, while remaining stagnant. Direct that attitude to the people who are directly responsible, not the person who's trying to do good by the fanbase, in the only ways she can.

Just because she comes across and young, full of energy and enthusiasm and hope, doesn't mean that the toxic pricks of our fanbase, need to tear her down on social media or just be rude in general.

I personally think that people are just insanely jealous; yes she's had significantly more means, opportunities, privileges and wealth than our entire fanbase: she's been dealt a better hand in life than all of us. Deal with it. At least she spent her weekends watching the team she loved, instead of getting coked out and drunk with other college students.

The entire organization in the midst of a revolution and even if the product's goals haven't been realized yet (I believe they will), the other aspects are already evolving at a promising rate.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2021, 02:51 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Good.

Yep.
The challenge is "giving back" to the loyal fans, especially those who have stuck around for 2+ decades.
Along with that, you have to find ways to engage new fans, which are likely going to be predominantly Millennials and Gen Z, and the best way to do that is social media.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2021, 03:45 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Agree wholeheartedly. I completely see the other side of it and it is a valid attitude to have... but take it up with her parents and Grandfather.

I also am not on the, "Hail Queen," side that Ocho wrote above LOL, but from what I take from it, she's a person who has been gaining feedback for a few years now, mingling and getting a, "beat from the street," vibe from fans on Social Media, in-person, etc., etc., she's listened and has tried (and succeeded, for that matter) to get a RoH going, tried to boost fan engagement, change jerseys into a more-modern look and style (we hope lol) and she's been able to achieve those goals in only a year and a bit. These are the things that Elizabeth Blackburn can control and try to make a difference for, DIRECTLY. And she does it with clear, genuine, affection and excitement for the team and the fanbase. When Mike Brown, Troy and Katie Blackburn, "don't want to hire a GM, build a practice facility, etc.," the younger Blackburn should NOT have to deal with the toxicity and vitriol that the fanbase has spewed at her.

This renewed enthusiasm should be, not celebrated per se, but recognized as a sign that some things are indeed changing for the better and that someone in that building is trying to get fans requests/wishes to be taken seriously, even if the rest of the building couldn't care less about what the fans want (not saying that is the case here, either). Onward and upward, not toxic and crybaby, while remaining stagnant. Direct that attitude to the people who are directly responsible, not the person who's trying to do good by the fanbase, in the only ways she can.

Just because she comes across and young, full of energy and enthusiasm and hope, doesn't mean that the toxic pricks of our fanbase, need to tear her down on social media or just be rude in general.

I personally think that people are just insanely jealous; yes she's had significantly more means, opportunities, privileges and wealth than our entire fanbase: she's been dealt a better hand in life than all of us. Deal with it. At least she spent her weekends watching the team she loved, instead of getting coked out and drunk with other college students.

The entire organization in the midst of a revolution and even if the product's goals haven't been realized yet (I believe they will), the other aspects are already evolving at a promising rate.

I will respond succinctly and say that she does not deserve ANY vitriol. People spewing it towards her can go kick rocks.
Now I will credit her for making changes in her short time spent in her current role (and I'm fairly certain none of it would have happened without her driving it). I'm however stating that to a family for which much has been given by the fans of the team (directly or indirectly), these measures are simply a token of returning a fraction of the favor. And again, EB has done very well in her short time in a management role, so all credit to her. I'm simply stating that a business person (which EB definitely is, no matter how much she might have in common with fans) doing what might be beneficial to their business still needs to be put in the right perspective. Until she does something 'Altruistic', I don't want to credit it that way. I get the impression some fans are overlooking this. But on the whole, the ROH is an exciting development.

Just that Bengals fans have been getting scraps for so long that, one piece of bread has now caused us to feel like we're feasting. If things keep building this way, I will fully credit the "new dey" with a post singing their praises.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2021, 10:19 AM)ochocincos Wrote: First two members of the inaugural class - Anthony Munoz and Paul Brown. They are automatically inducted, no voting.
Looks like Boomer, Chad, Kenny Anderson, Ken Riley are nominees for this inaugural class, as they are in the RoH video.

(04-08-2021, 10:30 AM)jason Wrote: I see no point in excluding any of those guys from the inaugural class. Do other teams vote on this kind of thing?  That seems sorta silly to me. The ring of honor should just be no brainers, and sorta exclusive. To me it's those guys, Corey Dillon, and nobody else til Geno and AJ Green retire.

Between the guys you and ochocincos list, I'd add:

Willie Anderson
Andrew Whitworth
Carlos Dunlap - I know it didn't end well, but he's deserving (all-time leader in sacks) and we should eventually forgive the dude
Tim Krumrie
Lemar Parrish
Isaac Curtis

And I'm probably leaving out a guy or two. I'm not saying we should lump all these guys in right away, but they should all be on a Bengals ROH.

(04-08-2021, 10:55 AM)pally Wrote:

Katie's daughter is pushing all these changes?

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.tenor.co%2Fimages...f=1&nofb=1]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2021, 04:56 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Between the guys you and ochocincos list, I'd add:

Willie Anderson
Andrew Whitworth
Carlos Dunlap - I know it didn't end well, but he's deserving (all-time leader in sacks) and we should eventually forgive the dude
Tim Krumrie
Lemar Parrish
Isaac Curtis

And I'm probably leaving out a guy or two. I'm not saying we should lump all these guys in right away, but they should all be on a Bengals ROH.

Per the Bengals, they are focused on guys who have franchise records and/or been elected to HoF.
Given Dunlap didn't get the franchise record in sacks, he's probably not going to be selected, at least for a while. He also has to retire, which is a requirement of the RoH.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2021, 04:56 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Between the guys you and ochocincos list, I'd add:

Willie Anderson
Andrew Whitworth
Tim Krumrie
Lemar Parrish
Isaac Curtis

I'd probably add TE Dan? Ross, and this one's debatable, but maybe even McGee.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2021, 05:08 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: I'd probably add TE Dan? Ross,  and this one's debatable,  but maybe even McGee.

Dunno.
McGee and Ross are 3rd and 4th in receiving yards by TEs for Bengals.
First is Trumpy with 4600 yards, followed by Holman at 4329 yards.
Trumpy and Holman are also first and second in TDs by TEs.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote