Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vinny Rey back with team
As the new team team Chaplin. I think he’ll be a great asset to the behind the scenes staff. As an UDFA who went onto be a team captain and as a player whose work ethic out performed his skill level, he has the opportunity to be a valuable sounding board to players who might be struggling. And it is always good to see the team involve former players in various roles

Winning makes believers of us all

Reply/Quote
Vinny Rey was a manly man as a player.  Gritty, all out, hard not to like.  I'm glad that he's found a new niche.
Reply/Quote
Welcome back, Rev....
Reply/Quote
Fantastic; I don't know exactly how much they have in terms of a role on the team, but I think he's the perfect choice:

- (as mentioned) he was an undrafted FA and lasted a while, so there's the hard work/adversity thing.
- He's been known as a deeply-religious guy.
- He went to Duke, so he's far from an idiot.

Good for him and hope that he can make some sort of difference.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Great news. Says something positive about Bengals that they hired one of their own.

Always loved this player. I bet he is a great minister.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2021, 01:16 AM)pally Wrote: As the new team team Chaplin.  I think he’ll be a great asset to the behind the scenes staff.  As an UDFA who went onto be a team captain and as a player whose work ethic out performed his skill level, he has the opportunity to be a valuable sounding board to players who might be struggling.  And it is always good to see the team involve former players in various roles

do NFL teams normally have a chaplin?
Reply/Quote
So much for getting the stink of the Marvin Lewis era off this team.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2021, 10:59 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: do NFL teams normally have a chaplin?

most do

Winning makes believers of us all

Reply/Quote
(05-26-2021, 11:21 AM)Nately120 Wrote: So much for getting the stink of the Marvin Lewis era off this team.

Stink of the most successful era in decades?
Reply/Quote
But can he teach Burrow to make that pitch?  

Reply/Quote
(05-26-2021, 11:39 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Stink of the most successful era in decades?

I did a quick reply, figured the ninja wasn't needed.  My bad. 
Reply/Quote
I always liked Rey. Smart over achieving UDFA. But one year he had one monster game against the Ravens and I had to spend a whole off season reading about how he would be our best starting LB if Marvin would stop holding him back.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2021, 11:51 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I always liked Rey. Smart over achieving UDFA. But one year he had one monster game against the Ravens and I had to spend a whole off season reading about how he would be our best starting LB if Marvin would stop holding him back.

IIRC, that was 2013, the game with the most-awesome (and fluke) play of probably my lifetime, for not only the Bengals, but arguably in NFL history:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6XAGyVILzA&form=MY01SV&OCID=MY01SV
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Always thought he’d be good on the inside. I like this
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2021, 11:51 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I always liked Rey. Smart over achieving UDFA. But one year he had one monster game against the Ravens and I had to spend a whole off season reading about how he would be our best starting LB if Marvin would stop holding him back.

LOL! 

Good for VR...seems like a pretty good dude. 
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2021, 10:59 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: do NFL teams normally have a chaplin?

They'll need someone to turn to for absolution for all the beat downs they are going to put on teams this year..... Who Dey
Reply/Quote
Me reading the thread title:

[Image: giphy.gif]

Me reading the post:

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Great move imo

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Hopefully the O-line improves enough we don't need a Chaplain to read the last rites to our QB's. Ninja

Welcome back Vinny !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Burrow under center week 1 for first play……Vinny Rey “Now let us pray”.
Reply/Quote