Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Offensive Coordinator question
(09-21-2021, 08:58 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Do we want winning seasons, or do we want post season wins? All I'm saying is none of you were happy with the way things were when they were here, so why get them back? Why not strive for more instead of bringing in retreads? If we change coaching staffs, I want someone who has never been here before. (with the possible exception of Mike Zimmer)

cant have a post season win if you cant win a regular season game
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 10:32 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: We could do worse and did.

Right, but that doesn’t mean I want the second worst coach of the modern era.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 10:35 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Right, but that doesn’t mean I want the second worst coach of the modern era.

Well I mean 95% of Bengals fans asked for a change from Marvin and they got it.  

Fans are never going to get an input into who is hired as HC.  So you got Zac Taylor and I remember everyone was stoked when he was hired.  

Now Zac Taylor, by record, is the worst head football coach in Bengals history.  Even worse than Dave Shula, and I used to not be able to say his name.  However, I think Shula would've done better with the talent assembled on this team.   Personal opinion. 

If we fire Taylor, I'd love to have Zimmer back, because the Brown family trust him.  If not him then bring in Joe Brady and make a stipulation he can't call his own offense.  
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 10:39 AM)TJ528 Wrote: Well I mean 95% of Bengals fans asked for a change from Marvin and they got it.  

Fans are never going to get an input into who is hired as HC.  So you got Zac Taylor and I remember everyone was stoked when he was hired.  

Now Zac Taylor, by record, is the worst head football coach in Bengals history.  Even worse than Dave Shula, and I used to not be able to say his name.  However, I think Shula would've done better with the talent assembled on this team.   Personal opinion. 

If we fire Taylor, I'd love to have Zimmer back, because the Brown family trust him.  If not him then bring in Joe Brady and make a stipulation he can't call his own offense.  

I don't get all the Zimmer love and the hue Jackson hate in cincy..hue Jackson was and still is a excellent oc..The topic offensive coordinator hue the best we've had here in 25 years or so and I would take him in flash calling plays and putting together gameplans over a seriously under qualified Zac Taylor..
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 10:39 AM)TJ528 Wrote: Well I mean 95% of Bengals fans asked for a change from Marvin and they got it.

Thanks, Mike.

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 10:45 AM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: I don't get all the Zimmer love and the hue Jackson hate in cincy..hue Jackson was and still is a excellent oc..The topic offensive coordinator hue the best we've had here in 25 years or so and I would take him in flash calling plays and putting together gameplans over a seriously under qualified Zac Taylor..

I think the problem most fans have with Hue is his close friendship with MB. It's not Hue the OC people fear, it's Hue the HC..... Zim is close with the Browns as well, but they tend to go with offensive minded coaches.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 10:45 AM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: I don't get all the Zimmer love and the hue Jackson hate in cincy..hue Jackson was and still is a excellent oc..The topic offensive coordinator hue the best we've had here in 25 years or so and I would take him in flash calling plays and putting together gameplans over a seriously under qualified Zac Taylor..

Now Zimmer as HC and Hue as OC I would be down for. Don’t want Hue as a HC though. I wasn’t impressed with him one bit when Hard Knocks had the Browns one of his years. It’s obviously just a fraction of what goes on, but it really does give you an idea of how a coach operates.

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 10:47 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I think the problem most fans have with Hue is his close friendship with MB. It's not Hue the OC people fear, it's Hue the HC..... Zim is close with the Browns as well, but they tend to go with offensive minded coaches.

That's the problem people are not hearing or reading the damn thread correctly the thread is offensive coordinators who the was best we've had in recent memory and would you take him back in that capacity not anything else..
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 10:47 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I think the problem most fans have with Hue is his close friendship with MB. It's not Hue the OC people fear, it's Hue the HC..... Zim is close with the Browns as well, but they tend to go with offensive minded coaches.

with the exception of their winningest coach in the history of the franchise, which happens to be a former defensive coordinator. 

Just sayin. 
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 10:52 AM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: That's the problem people are hearing or reading the damn thread correctly the thread is offensive coordinators who the was best we've had in recent memory and would you take him back in that capacity not anything else..

I'd take back Hue Jackson in a heartbeat as OC.  Totally agree with you.  I'd never take him as HC. 

I agree with Nico, that i'd take Zimmer as HC and Hue as OC and I think that combo would work perfectly because the Browns trust both of them.  
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 10:54 AM)TJ528 Wrote: I'd take back Hue Jackson in a heartbeat as OC.  Totally agree with you.  I'd never take him as HC. 

I agree with Nico, that i'd take Zimmer as HC and Hue as OC and I think that combo would work perfectly because the Browns trust both of them.  

I don't think anyone would be mad at that combination..
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 10:56 AM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: I don't think anyone would be mad at that combination..

Where do i Sign up.   

Can we just Trade Zimmer for ZT?

We can include the CB that hasnt played a snap yet to sweet'n the pot
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 09:17 AM)TJ528 Wrote: I'd take Brat back as OC.  At least I know he can call a good offensive game plan.  

I look at the game plan yesterday and I just wonder who the f*** drew up that game plan?  

Is this a joke? You are kidding,,,right???
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 12:27 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Why in the heck would we want to go back to an OC from the years of mediocre. If we replace Taylor/Callahan, we need a winner.

Back in 2015, the offense was 7th in Points Scored and 15th in yards with Hue Jackson.
In 2013, the offense was 6th in Points Scored and 10th in yards with Jay Gruden as OC.

They had playmakers but more importantly, they had an OL and a more creative playcaller.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

I sure wasn't.  We hired a QB coach to be our HC, that's a huge promotion and I said he COULD be good (just like I COULD hit the lottery), but he's more likely to be in way over his head and not be good.

Yes, we wanted a new HC but we got a QB coach who instantly had a very public issue finding acceptable coordinators.  There was skepticism right off the bat because his resume was devoid of anything to indicate he'd be good.  Replacing Marvin with ZT would have been like replacing Dalton with Nathan Peterman.  So you want a new QB, eh?  The guy who is OK isn't good enough, eh?  Well here you go...here is that new QB you had to have!  I hope you're happy now!

Anyways, what I'm taking from this thread is that we haven't had an OC in the past 30+ years anyone would want to have back on the team.  That says it all, really. I'd make Hue the OC in a heartbeat, and I'd even see him being the HC as a step in the right direction. He did go 8-8 in Oakland with Jason Campbell and a rusty Carson Palmer under center. ZT would go 1-31 or worse with Deshon Kizer and Cody Kessler as his QB.
Reply/Quote

Zimmer is a good coach, however I think bringing him in may reset the defense a bit because I do not know if the personnel matches up for what he usually likes to run. Secondly having Brady come here and not call plays is silly. You wouldn't make that rule if you had Andy Reid at head coach.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 01:13 AM)TSwigZ Wrote: Hue Jackson

Hell No

Lol, this.
Reply/Quote

The Marvin Lewis hire would debunk this theory, as he was the DEFENSIVE coordinator for the Ravens.
Reply/Quote
Ken Anderson.

He managed to have a couple of top 10 offenses here during the dark ages of the 90's.

Probably not any better than Jackson or Gruden. Mainly I would just like to see Kenny on our sideline again.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 08:47 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Hue Jackson and no.

Oldie but a googie.

Reply/Quote