Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What a painful loss
(12-12-2021, 11:59 PM)GodFather Wrote: I wonder where all those posters here are now that carried on how Carman was going to be big for us this year? And as usual...crickets from them..

I was thinking about this the other day. Is it better to have Chase & Carman or Sewell & a WR such as Rondale Moore or Terrance Marshall Jr.? The more I thought about it, it's the Bengals so either path would have resulted in problems of some kind. I suppose the reality is the team has a lot of needs. Maybe '22 off season improves the OL.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 11:52 PM)Tony Wrote: This is the worst lost of the season to me. They are what they are at this point... This loss killed any chance at the playoffs..  no way this team goes 3 -1 to get in..

Yeah, with the collapse last week against LA, it seemed like another one of the valleys we've experienced this year and this week was our chance to get right again.   We're still just a game out of the division lead and a half game out of a WC spot, but it feels like a million miles at this point. 
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 11:58 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You were the same guy who at halftime anyone that didn't think the game was over was not living in reality. And then the game was tied at the end of regulation....  Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

Did they win?? DID I MISS SOMETHING?
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 11:58 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I mean, your point is taken but the dude also has 30+ of years of content he could extract from to counter you quoting him!  LMAO

Not worth my time.. I mean how may times have we watched this exact script play over and over.. 2006 anyone?
Reply/Quote
We really needed this win. Next game is winnable too, but the next 3 opponents are some of our toughest opponents of the year. If we miss the playoffs, a big reason why is our losses to the Bears, Jets and 9ers—all games we should win with better coaching. You have to attack the weakness of the defense from the start (not wait until the 4th quarter).

This team needs to get better along the offensive line. That pressure has caused too many sacks, fumbles and INTs. It’s also a major reason our rushing game disappears against good defenses. We need more stability to face off against the best teams. There are other areas to improve as well, but improving this area would move the needle the farthest. And we need a punt returner too I guess.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 12:06 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: Yeah, with the collapse last week against LA, it seemed like another one of the valleys we've experienced this year and this week was our chance to get right again.   We're still just a game out of the division lead and a half game out of a WC spot, but it feels like a million miles at this point. 

We ass'd out 2 weeks in a row to California teams traveling all they way here... This year has been so up and down... Another, "What could've been year"...
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 10:46 PM)Trademark Wrote: I was there tonight and let me tell you the jungle was rocking and was very loud, just to have our hearts ripped out, also seemed like there was a ton of 49ers fans there and they were absolutely obnoxious. Zac Taylor's conservative play calling was atrocious and the o-line was getting mauled....

They had no answer for Kittle. Just clueless
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 12:21 AM)cincyfan429 Wrote: They had no answer for Kittle. Just clueless

That last SF drive was painful to watch.  You could feel the loss rolling up on us, beginning with having to settle for a FG.  You knew Kittle was on the sidelines licking his chops.   
Reply/Quote
You guys are a bunch of babies. Winnable game against Denver next week, and will Baltimore even have Lamar?

Factor in the tough schedules the afc north has this month.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 12:35 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: You guys are a bunch of babies. Winnable game against Denver next week, and will Baltimore even have Lamar?

Just realistic.. Seen it to many times before....
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 12:31 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: That last SF drive was painful to watch.  You could feel the loss rolling up on us, beginning with having to settle for a FG.  You knew Kittle was on the sidelines licking his chops.   

I knew when they settled for the field goal , it was Over. Deep down,  we probably all did...
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 11:40 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Herbert has pressure too, he is just bigger and able to get off some throws.. totally reminds me of a young Big Ben.. last week at game thought we had him multiple times with guys on him.... Bengals sacked him 4 times last week and he still lite it up

He's a young elway. Ben's arm wasn't as gifted not was he as fast I'm still riding with burrow though
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 12:35 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: You guys are a bunch of babies. Winnable game against Denver next week, and will Baltimore even have Lamar?

Winnable game next week. Sure. Every game is winnable. Will we beat Denver next week? I highly doubt it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote

The Bengals are just not that good they beat a bad Pittsburg team twice, played great against Baltimore, and then lost the next two games. There not a solid playoff team. Plus they are poorly coached. This team has a long history of being bad, and right now this team is no different. Seriously look at the next 4 games. Sure they could lose all 4 but hey could also win all 4 you just don't know with team.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 12:05 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I was thinking about this the other day. Is it better to have Chase & Carman or Sewell & a WR such as Rondale Moore or Terrance Marshall Jr.? The more I thought about it, it's the Bengals so either path would have resulted in problems of some kind. I suppose the reality is the team has a lot of needs. Maybe '22 off season improves the OL.

How about option #3: Ja’Marr Chase and Creed Humphrey?

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 11:36 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: We played SF today... not Chargers ....

True....we are only allowed to compare QBs to others of their class when we want to mock Browns fans for taking Baker over Josh Allen.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 12:00 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I guess that's true; I didn't even hear Mike Brown's name called all game.

Figure it out BPK!  EVERY OTHER of the 31 teams have come up with at least one season in the last 30 years where they put the correct combination of coaches and players to win at least one playoff game!

It's not rocket science Sniff Doggy Do or BPK whatever your name is?
Reply/Quote

This franchise should hope Lamar plays because the Bengals do not have a very good record against back up QBs.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 12:18 AM)Tony Wrote: Not worth my time.. I mean how may times have we watched this exact script play over and over.. 2006 anyone?

30.7 years and counting Tony
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 11:42 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Bengals have to get serious about the O-line this off season.

Does anyone who’s paid the least bit of attention over the years think there’s any chance of that happening? Mike Brown’s actions have made it abundantly clear that he does not value the o-line. How many quality players has he let walk over the years because he didn’t want to pay market rates for them? He thinks you can just draft someone, pay them a lot less money, and everything will be fine.
Reply/Quote