Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Division Race
I'm glad I got the Pfizer shots, cause I'd be pissed as all get out if I took the suddenly unsafe Johnson and Johnson shot that is causing blood clots.
Reply/Quote
I dont like the Browns getting preferential treatment. As far as Johnson and Johnson. I blame Biden for the failure of the FDA authorizing an unsafe vaccine. LETS GO BRANDON.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2021, 10:55 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I still don't see it. They might end up having the division locked up, but they could still be tied with TN and/or NE after this week for top seed.
Pats have Colts this week then Bills the week after. They could go 2-0 in those games.
Titans have Steelers and 49ers. They also might be able to go 2-0.

Even if the Pats and Titans go 0-2 over the next two games and end up 2 games behind the Chiefs by the time the Chiefs play the Bengals, Chiefs may still not have the 1 seed locked up due to tiebreakers (Titans beat them, Pats beat Titans), and as such the Bengals game could be a clincher.

I'm not trying to say I'm Nostradamus here, but I think the Pats might lose both those games and the Titans might as well.  Pitt sucks but the NFL will want the pig to have a big final home game sendoff.  Maybe a Chicago-style shit show flag on the Titans that gives pitt the advantage?  Who knows, but I just have a feeling that the Chiefs may not be as desperate as the Bengals.  

I think if the Bengals beat Denver and Baltimore, they will be really up to show they belong and beat the Chiefs.  First up, beat Denver.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 02:49 PM)Sled21 Wrote: That's my underrstanding. Rich Gannon was just talking about it on his show. I think they will play, but it will be a whole lot of 2nd and 3rd stringers including QB. I don't see the Ravens beating the Packers, especially without Lamar, so a Bengals win in Denver should move us into 1st place.

Need whoever the RT is to really step up for us against the Broncos, that is a damn good Defense.

Hopefully Carman starts at RT and makes me feel better about my prediction of him being a great versatile pick.

I don't care who, all I know is this is our weakness right now with Reiff down for the year.

Good news for us with the Stains main dudes most likely being out, they were the only team I feared in the Division.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2021, 11:34 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: That vegas team was on a down swing after losing HC and #1 leading offensive weapon...   Not the same team that was winning those games earlier

another example of the Bengals catching the right team at the right time this year

That WR wasn't even close to being their #1 offensive weapon.  #3 might be a stretch.  

Did the get the Packers at a good time?  Before Rodgers got "COVID toe" (Not related to camel toe)

Did they get the Browns at a good time without their two star RBs and their line?

Did the get the Ravens without Lamar Jackson?

Did they get the Vikings without Dalvin Cook? 

I don't buy that the Raiders were on a down swing...they came out and beat Dallas in Dallas the next game.  
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2021, 02:03 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Blind faith wasn't the right word for me to use. Misguided faith might be better. Everything you typed is what caused me to go over the edge. They win early in Pitt and Balt (some things they don't do often), played GB to the wire early. Then, when 1st place is on the line, late in the season, they play 2 winnable games at home and drop them both. Not really being out-played, but botching both games for one reason or the other...or several reasons actually. Those comebacks don't mean much to me when they fall short. It's always something with this team.

You see progress. I see the same ole thing. "IF" they wouldn't/would have only done...

I'm done with that shit. When this team actually starts to win games like the 2 they just played to get them in the division lead and they then go to and win a playoff game...maybe then i'll start to pay more attention again. Until then, i'm done with the "we're that close" narrative. Game after game, year after year, it's always "just that close...almost...if they fix...". Fix one thing, something else pops up to bite them. 

Nope. No faith or belief in this team whatsoever, until they actually do it. 

I am not telling others how to feel...I simply explained why I feel this way.  
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2021, 03:35 PM)ochocincos Wrote: 1) You didn't answer my question, although I assume from this you believe the vaccine is a waste.

2) There were no fans in most stadiums last year, and people were socially distancing more last year compared to this year. Also, Delta Variant and Omicron Variant (the two biggest variants to this point) were not around in the US last year. These new variants have been confirmed as more contagious than the original COVID-19, and at least with Delta, more severe compared to the original. It hasn't been identified yet whether Omicron will cause more severe illness compared to other variants or original COVID-19.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/variants/delta-variant.html
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/variants/omicron-variant.html

At this point, I'll quit engaging with you on this topic, as it seems like neither of us is willing to budge from our stance.

1) The vaccine is a waste among the young and healthy. So for NFL players, it’s a waste.

2) There were still 726 COVID cases (262 players). I don’t remember any hospitalizations last year. Blame variants if you want but the vaccine isn’t preventing record spread of COVID. If it is preventing hospitalization then we need to get rid of the COVID protocol and let people play through their asymptomatic cases.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2021, 05:06 PM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: 1) The vaccine is a waste among the young and healthy. So for NFL players, it’s a waste.

2) There were still 726 COVID cases (262 players). I don’t remember any hospitalizations last year. Blame variants if you want but the vaccine isn’t preventing record spread of COVID. If it is preventing hospitalization then we need to get rid of the COVID protocol and let people play through their asymptomatic cases.

Where are you getting your statistics?
I see the current 7-day average for daily COVID cases in the US as 123k.
The peak was early January at about 250k daily cases.
Early September was the height of Delta Variant, which was about 163k daily cases.

In regards to daily deaths, the height was also back in late January at about 3350.
There was a peak in late September of around 2050.
We're currently averaging 1281 daily.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/us/covid-cases.html

While I can see the argument for letting players choose to play if they aren't exhibiting symptoms, players aren't isolated just to each other. They go home to their families/friends. This is not only an effort to help protect players, but also families and friends.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2021, 03:27 PM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: I didn’t hear about a lot of players being hospitalized from COVID last year either.

You are wasting your time here bro....Trust me you don't want to go down this road here, and I'm on your side.. I haven't been Jabbed either..
Reply/Quote
I know that spreads don't mean everything but they're usually pretty accurate:

Broncos are favored by 2.5 but the home team usually automatically gets a few points, so I like our chances. Tackle might be a question mark, but hopefully Zac realizes that we need to run the ball a lot in this game.

Ravens are giving up 7 to the Packers!

Browns are underdogs by a point and you have to think that the Raiders have to be a lot better since they're playing in a place like Cleveland.

Steelers are also giving up a point at home, so I'm liking our chances to move up in the standings!

Give 'em hell boys!
Reply/Quote
This is complete Bullshit that the Browns game got moved to Monday.. Why should the Raiders be punished? Ridiculous.. All cuz ***** Baker had to cry about it...
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2021, 05:45 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I know that spreads don't mean everything but they're usually pretty accurate:

Broncos are favored by 2.5 but the home team usually automatically gets a few points, so I like our chances. Tackle might be a question mark, but hopefully Zac realizes that we need to run the ball a lot in this game.

Ravens are giving up 7 to the Packers!

Browns are underdogs by a point and you have to think that the Raiders have to be a lot better since they're playing in a place like Cleveland.

Steelers are also giving up a point at home, so I'm liking our chances to move up in the standings!

Give 'em hell boys!

The Browns line will move to Browns -3  now that it has been moved... I still say it's bullshit and now I really hope the Stains get destroyed...
Reply/Quote
Browns game postponed until Monday

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Winning makes believers of us all

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2021, 03:49 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Bro, 90-95% of the people in the hospitals right now are unvaccinated. The governor was just on the radio and dropped this fact. 

Not according to the 2 people I know that work in the ICU at Miami Valley. They said it's 50/50 vaccinated and unvaccinated. They said the 2 noticable common factors are diabetes and being obese. Don't kill the messenger. I'm just passing along information from 2 very reliable people that are in the mix at the hospital.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2021, 06:13 PM)Mer Wrote: Not according to the 2 people I know that work in the ICU at Miami Valley. They said it's 50/50 vaccinated and unvaccinated. They said the 2 noticable common factors are diabetes and being obese. Don't kill the messenger. I'm just passing along information from 2 very reliable people that are in the mix at the hospital.

My cousin is a RN in Wilkes Barre PA. She says there is no one in there with lung aids... Just the occasional here or there, but nothing like you see in the media..
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2021, 06:14 PM)Tony Wrote: My cousin is a RN in Wilkes Barre PA. She says there is no one in there with lung aids...

I didn't get the jab either Tony. I did get covid the week before Thanksgiving but my immune system with the help of ivermectin and zinc wiped the fever out in less than 24 hours. There were some lingering affects though like loss of taste and smell that hung on for a while. My wife and 3 kids also got it. Same deal. Ivermectin and zinc. They're all fine. WTS, I'm not for or against the vaccine but I do believe it should be a choice and these people using scare tactics, like "you don't do it for you" can shove that thought where the sun doesn't shine.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2021, 04:41 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I dont like the Browns getting preferential treatment. As far as Johnson and Johnson. I blame Biden for the failure of the FDA authorizing an unsafe vaccine. LETS GO BRANDON.

Oh just say **** Joe Biden like an adult.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2021, 06:21 PM)Mer Wrote: I didn't get the jab either Tony. I did get covid the week before Thanksgiving but my immune system with the help of ivermectin and zinc wiped the fever out in less than 24 hours. There were some lingering affects though like loss of taste and smell that hung on for a while. My wife and 3 kids also got it. Same deal. Ivermectin and zinc. They're all fine. WTS, I'm not for or against the vaccine but I do believe it should be a choice and these people using scare tactics, like "you don't do it for you" can shove that thought where the sun doesn't shine.

Just out of curiousity, how did you find a doctor who would prescribe the ivermectin?
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2021, 06:24 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Just out of curiousity, how did you find a doctor who would prescribe the ivermectin?

I imagine it rhymes with smack.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2021, 06:24 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Just out of curiousity, how did you find a doctor who would prescribe the ivermectin?

You can go online to America's Frontline Doctors and do a virtual visit. We actually got it early in case we got covid. Unless you're sick at the time, you have to set up the appointment for a later date. If you are sick they'll get you in right away. Sister in law did it as well and it's really benefited them. Ivermectin works on a lot of viral infections. You can also get hydroxychloroquine there.
Reply/Quote