Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't look now, but.....
(01-08-2022, 07:53 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: I agree. Just like Tennessee isn’t losing to Houston. It was just asked if we would automatically be the #2 seed, which they wouldn’t. Other things would need to happen.

Don't give up JC. With Denver currently leading the Chiefs, and Houston has beat the Chargers and the Titans this year. This could be a magical weekend.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don’t really care about the 2 seed. The 1 would obviously be huge though. I have a feeling it’s backups tomorrow anyway.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 07:53 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I just looked at the stats and we are tied already. We are both tied at 8-3 in the conference. So if we win tomorrow then it would come to the following:

Two Clubs

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  5. Strength of victory in all games.
  6. Strength of schedule in all games
  7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed in all games.
  8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed in all games.
  9. Best net points in common games.
  10. Best net points in all games.
  11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
  12. Coin toss

It’s the 3rd tiebreaker…common games. We’ve each played the Browns, Jets, Jaguars, and Chargers. NE is 5-0 in those games, CIN is 1-3
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
There are two scenarios under which we get the #2 seed:

Quote:A Bengals win, a Titans loss, a Chiefs loss, a Bills loss and a Patriots win

or

Quote:...they (Bengals) win, the Bills win or Patriots lose and one of the Chiefs or Titans lose while the other wins.

Bengals: AFC playoffs seeding clinching scenarios in Week 18 (usatoday.com)
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 07:57 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Don't give up JC. With Denver currently leading the Chiefs, and Houston has beat the Chargers and the Titans this year. This could be a magical weekend.

Oh, I agree. I have my fingers, toes, and dicks crossed for this one. It’s definitely possible, I just wouldn’t bet on it.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 07:53 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I just looked at the stats and we are tied already. We are both tied at 8-3 in the conference. So if we win tomorrow then it would come to the following:

Two Clubs

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  5. Strength of victory in all games.
  6. Strength of schedule in all games
  7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed in all games.
  8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed in all games.
  9. Best net points in common games.
  10. Best net points in all games.
  11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
  12. Coin toss

Derrick Henry out tomorrow.  The stars are aligning...
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 07:37 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: Sure. I still think it’s very unlikely. Not impossible, but don’t count on it.

The Jets beat the Bengals this year. They could play another 10 times and not another win.

The Jets aren't a division opponent for us, though. Just saying that you can usually throw out records when it comes to division games.

That said, I still think I'd sit our main guys. #1 seed isn't likely enough to risk health. Plus we might be able to pull it off with Brandon Allen. The Browns have a lot of guys out, including Baker.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 08:02 PM)Tony Wrote: Derrick Henry out tomorrow.  The stars are aligning...

Henry has been out for around 5 weeks, but good news.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 08:05 PM)M.W. Wrote: Henry has been out for around 5 weeks, but good news.

Ya , everyone knows that, but rumor was, he was gonna play.. He's been ruled out..
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 08:04 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The Jets aren't a division opponent for us, though. Just saying that you can usually throw out records when it comes to division games.

That said, I still think I'd sit our main guys. #1 seed isn't likely enough to risk health. Plus we might be able to pull it off with Brandon Allen. The Browns have a lot of guys out, including Baker.

I'd risk it.. I don't want to go to arrowhead or Buffalo..
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 07:27 PM)Tony Wrote: I bet if the Chiefs lose, you see Burrow tomorrow...

Somebody better light a fire under that O-line's ass if that happens. Super Bowl chances live and die with Burrow.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 07:35 PM)Tony Wrote: 14-10..  Boy, if the Broncos don't drop 2 easy ints, this game is at least a 2 score game in favor of the Broncos right now. Mahomes playing like garbage a d the KC defense is coming apart...

Where have I seen two easy INT's thrown by Mahomes dropped before, deja vu.

Patrick has a lucky penny stuck in him somewhere.   

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 08:11 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Where have I seen two easy INT's thrown by Mahomes dropped before, deja vu.

Patrick has a lucky penny stuck in him somewhere.   

It’s in his butt.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 07:59 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: It’s the 3rd tiebreaker…common games. We’ve each played the Browns, Jets, Jaguars, and Chargers. NE is 5-0 in those games, CIN is 1-3

Gotcha. Thank you.
Reply/Quote
Boom! 47 yd TD from Melvin Gordon!
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 08:01 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: Oh, I agree. I have my fingers, toes, and dicks crossed for this one. It’s definitely possible, I just wouldn’t bet on it.

Sword fighting? Whatever it takes.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 08:02 PM)Tony Wrote: Derrick Henry out tomorrow.  The stars are aligning...

(01-08-2022, 08:05 PM)M.W. Wrote: Henry has been out for around 5 weeks, but good news.

Yes. There were rumors this week Henry could play tomorrow. Keeping him out is a plus.
Reply/Quote
running is fundamental
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 08:25 PM)M.W. Wrote: running is fundamental

Specially when you have Henry.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 08:22 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Sword fighting? Whatever it takes.

Will do almost anything to help the Bengals cause but going to draw the line at sword fighting 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote