Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Did Joe Mixon Pull a Jeremy Hill
(01-31-2022, 12:56 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: https://sports.yahoo.com/andy-reid-asked-officials-review-000103915.html

I've never heard of anyone that isn't a QB "giving himself up"

But if the Kansas City Karens are to be believed, that should've been a fumble recovered by KC.

This has to stick.  I got to the point where I was sick of watching their damn whining.  They held and didn't get called all game and they whine like  a bunch of babies.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Mixon needs to be careful if indeed no one did touch him from the opposing team. I'm sure he felt #55's arm enough to stop him from keep on running.
Reply/Quote
I just checked out the KC message board and holy shit, dont step in the Political forum.

We're dealing with crazy people.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 01:56 AM)Jugular Joe Wrote: He actually wasn't giving himself up,  he cut up the field thinking he might score and he slipped and fell to the ground. 

I would have to look at the replay but it sure seemed like he was touched by the defender at some point. 

If you go down and then intentionally put the ball down you “gave yourself up”. So yes he did give himself up.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 02:22 AM)grampahol Wrote: Absolutely none of this matters even one tiny, itsy, bitsy, teeny weeny bit because they got up and ran the next play.. end of argument whether he was down by contact, fumbled or shoved the ball up a Chiefs players ass.. They ran the next play and it was never once questioned by anyone until the game was over..  This is trying to revise history to give WWII to Hitler and Hirohito.. 

Actually, Reid called a timeout and talked it over with the refs right after the play. I doesn't matter though, the ref blew the whistle and Mixon was headed back to the huddle when he tossed it down.
Reply/Quote
Whatever helps the Chiefs fans sleep at night for eight months.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Chief fans complain about a lot but this is a legitimate complaint. You could argue Mixon gave himself up, but that would just be the argument. It really wasn't a hurry up situation with time winding down and no time outs.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 11:21 AM)jj22 Wrote: Chief fans complain about a lot but this is a legitimate complaint. You could argue Mixon gave himself up, but that would just be the argument. It really wasn't a hurry up situation with time winding down and no time outs.

It's not legit at all. The rule clearly states that if the runner goes down and doesn't attempt to advance the ball, the play is dead at moment. There is no issue, except for people who don't understand the rule.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 11:21 AM)jj22 Wrote: Chief fans complain about a lot but this is a legitimate complaint. You could argue Mixon gave himself up, but that would just be the argument. It really wasn't a hurry up situation with time winding down and no time outs.

No it’s not. It’s not like he fumbled it while trying to advance. The play literally does when a player stops advancing after going down.
Reply/Quote
The fact no one seems to be talking about the play on the morning shows proves there was no controversy, or they would all be throwing it out there as an excuse for the Chief's.
Reply/Quote
He was touched but that was before slip but his actions on ground appeared to be in concession and certain the whistle was blown and there is not much to complain about. Not like they dislodged the ball or it was dropped while running.

They weren't scoring on our defense anyway with the whole field to go and the pedestrian numbers they put up in 2nd half and overtime. Quit begging.

Now I have not rewatched but thought the play where they intercepted Burrow while sliding out of bounds and ruled out should have been challenged by them. Thought it was close and was wanting the Bengals to snap quickly.. But they did not snap quickly and to my surprise no challenge flag came.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 11:42 AM)Go Cards Wrote: He was touched but that was before slip but his actions on ground appeared to be in concession and certain the whistle was blown and there is not much to complain about.  Not like they dislodged the ball or it was dropped while running.

They weren't scoring on our defense anyway with the whole field to go and the pedestrian numbers they put up in 2nd half and overtime. Quit begging.

Now I have not rewatched but thought the play where they intercepted Burrow while sliding out of bounds and ruled out should have been challenged by them. Thought it was close and was wanting the Bengals to snap quickly.. But they did not snap quickly and to my surprise no challenge flag came.

Definitely was not an Int, it came out and hit the ground. Scared the hell out of me though.
Reply/Quote
I guess I think back at Dalton "giving himself up" and losing the fumble in the infamous playoff game. Maybe the rule changed.

I knew/know it is a thing in hurry up at end of half/games tho.

Dalton didn't throw the ball down tho so I guess there is that difference.

Still has to be careful in that situation and a close call if a Chief would have tried to grab the ball and return it.

Reply/Quote
That wasn't a 2nd interception by Burrow. Not even close with the ball hitting the ground. I would have liked to see a replay of the 1st one as that I hoped wasn't secure or maybe hit the ground then moved. But we got a commercial break and never got a second look at it.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 11:48 AM)jj22 Wrote: I guess I think back at Dalton "giving himself up" and losing the fumble in the infamous playoff game. Maybe the rule changed.

I knew/know it is a thing in hurry up at end of half/games tho.

Dalton didn't throw the ball down tho so I guess there is that difference.

Still has to be careful in that situation and a close call if a Chief would have tried to grab the ball and return it.

Completely different sitch; Andy dove headfirst and was trying to get extra yardage, when the ball came out as he contacted the ground.

Mixon (who WAS contacted) just fell down and turtled, then the let the ball out once the whistle was blown.

Apples to oranges.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 12:56 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: https://sports.yahoo.com/andy-reid-asked-officials-review-000103915.html

I've never heard of anyone that isn't a QB "giving himself up"

But if the Kansas City Karens are to be believed, that should've been a fumble recovered by KC.

No...   Play was over mixon was getting up and let the ball go... Nothing to See here.
Reply/Quote
Ok, I haven't saw the play again. If he was touched there isn't even an argument.

Reply/Quote
The mere fact that anyone is TRYING to say it's anything else than either a defender's arm contributing to Mixon going down, or that he slipped, or that he "gave himself up", would not have been overturned on replay. But, it's such a "non-issue" the refs wouldn't even review it.

For the love of sweet CheeZus, help me with this craziness!
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 11:30 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: It's not legit at all. The rule clearly states that if the runner goes down and doesn't attempt to advance the ball, the play is dead at moment. There is no issue, except for people who don't understand the rule.

Correct this is what Reid was asking about not the illegal formation as Romo thought. The ruled he gave himself up and you can't challenge if a runner gives himself up or not which is what they had to explain to Reid.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 02:14 AM)Tomkat Wrote: OK, I'll have to listen closely as I never heard an obvious whistle.

It's clearly 2-3 seconds after he let go of the ball. 
Reply/Quote