Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 9 GameDay Thread - (SNF) Bills @ Bengals***
(11-05-2023, 11:53 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: The call was BS.  He wasn't under pressure, he just wasn't on the same page as the receiver.  This officiating crew is horrendous and is exposing their ineptitude to a national audience.  But, to be fair, they also screwed us out of FG range so they are equal opportunity idiots.

The ball was 20 yards past Davis and no other receiver around. By rule it's textbook grounding. 
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
0 problem with CC giving his insight. He admitted, by rule, it's grounding. He simply explained the mechanism behind it. He noted it before the flag was thrown
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
[Image: 53312800748_d99df693fe_b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I don't know why anyone is upset about the call since it really didn't change anything..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I smell a make up call later
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2023, 11:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Oh please. It was more about his man crush on Josh Allen. If that was some nobody he wouldn’t be on there arguing with the expert.

Again he's a national broadcaster. Any of whom should be in love with Josh Allen because he's a top QB in the league. But I think he was just pointing out the stupidity of the rule being used on that play.
Reply/Quote
21-7 with a 3-1 Time of Possession advantage. Pretty sweet!
Reply/Quote
The roughing call was suspect. The holding on Cappa was suspect. The PI on Britt wasn’t good. I didn’t see the motion in the FG. Personally I think the grounding call was bad. The expert said it was a good call but they lean towards the refs.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2023, 11:54 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I hope CTB is OK. That looked like he was saying adios for the game.

I had the same thought.  
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2023, 11:56 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: These referees need to read the rule book and visit an ophthalmologist.

There were at least 2-3 obvious misses and 2-3 more highly questionable/weak. 

Against us: Cappa hold, CTB PI. 
For us: Allen grounding, rough on Burrow, non call trip on CTB. 
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2023, 11:59 PM)Joelist Wrote: 21-7 with a 3-1 Time of Possession advantage. Pretty sweet!

Couldn't have hoped for a better 1st half. Just gotta keep it going.
Reply/Quote
Bills won’t be able to catch up. You guys got this!
Reply/Quote
It’s time to use the third quarter to absolutely bury the Bills. I’m sick of this cat and mouse stuff.
Reply/Quote
They bring on the expert for a reason. Collinsworth sounded like a tool arguing with him.

Reply/Quote
This ref crew needs to be read the riot act after the game - the game is about the players not the refs wanting to see themselves on TV.
Reply/Quote
By rule grounding

Allen threw it too far away from his guy
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2023, 11:58 PM)grampahol Wrote: I don't know why anyone is upset about the call since it really didn't change anything..

It took them out of FG range. 
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2023, 11:58 PM)grampahol Wrote: I don't know why anyone is upset about the call since it really didn't change anything..

For real. Ref got more TV time. Half ended.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 12:00 AM)Housh Wrote: By rule grounding

So all those throws into the stands by Big Ben over the years should have been grounding also. He was in the tackle box and no receiver possible. 
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 12:00 AM)Housh Wrote: By rule grounding

If only he actually had an injured arm it would’ve been much closer.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote