Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If on the team right now, what former Bengal would GUARANTEE a Super Bowl win?
I was thinking of this when seeing the film of Corey Dillon running back in the day.

If they stumbled on a back like him again, I could not imagine this offense not putting up 30 points a game and the defense being fresh as a daisy.
Reply/Quote
Geno Atkins

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
Ochocinco, he would definitely put his guarantee on it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Anthony Munoz.
Reply/Quote
Because players weren't specified... Sam Wyche, to be a our OC.

[Image: andrew-whitworth-with-a-nice-block-on-aj...-catch.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2024, 05:44 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Because players weren't specified... Sam Wyche, to be a our OC.

We had an OC a little better than Wyche back in the day

As to the OP: Chad would GUARANTEE a Superbow. We might not get it, but he'd guarantee it.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-02-2024, 06:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We had an OC a little better than Wyche back in the day

....you want Ken Zampese back?   Ninja

[Image: andrew-whitworth-with-a-nice-block-on-aj...-catch.gif]
Reply/Quote
I don't think a running back would move the needle all that much, honestly. There's no one player that would guarantee a Super Bowl in my mind. Geno, Munoz or Ken Riley would probably move the needle the most.
Reply/Quote
I think of what dudes have given the Bengals the most trouble, and it's been usually pass rushers going against the right side of the DL.
After that, it's run blocking.
So I'm going with Willie Anderson, as he not only bolsters the OL from a pass rush perspective, but he really would boost the run game too.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-02-2024, 05:18 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Anthony Munoz.

He’d be the closest but not enough to GUARANTEE
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Coy Bacon couldn't hurt.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I am with Frank Booth for once on this one. Geno in his prime on this team I think would make us really tough. A 3-tech than can
collapse the pocket and toss Guards and Centers into the QB would push us over the top. A Corey Dillon type of RB would be my
second choice to push us over the top of our former Bengal players.
Reply/Quote
I'm going to agree with Dillon. If we had a powerful smash-mouth running back with the grit he had, there's no stopping the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
Fulcher.
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2024, 07:31 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Fulcher.

I approve.
Reply/Quote
Geno because teams will need to throw the ball a lot to try and keep up with us and Geno would destroy lines.

He'd easily put up double digit sacks each year and offenses would be so focused on him that it would make other guys available to make plays.
Reply/Quote
I'll go with prime Whitworth and play him at left guard and backing up LT.

I think Chad would guarantee a Super Bowl win, but I don't think we need another WR.
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2024, 07:31 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Fulcher.

Not in today's NFL.

There is no fear going over the middle in this NFL. The big hitting Safety is much smaller now and the Fulcher style is gone like the FB position.

I'd pick either Louis Breeden, Eric Thomas or Ken Riley. I don't know if they'd guarantee a SB but give me a shutdown corner. Maybe even a prime Adam Jones.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Chase and Chad in the same offense would be like 2019 LSU.

Reply/Quote
Munoz or montoya.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote