Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If on the team right now, what former Bengal would GUARANTEE a Super Bowl win?
(07-02-2024, 06:13 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: ....you want Ken Zampese back?   Ninja

Bill Lazor lol
Reply/Quote
Take your pick...

[Image: pg2_e_bengals_200.jpg]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Prime Sam Adams

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Lewis Billups but he may drop a costly 4th quarter INT that hits him right in the #'s.

Seriously though it would be Geno that this team needs, although I do like the idea presented about Whitworth at LG as well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
V. Burfict, or T. Krumrie.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Krumrie!!!
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2024, 04:42 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: I was thinking of this when seeing the film of Corey Dillon running back in the day.

If they stumbled on a back like him again, I could not imagine this offense not putting up 30 points a game and the defense being fresh as a daisy.

Chad Johnson..

Hes the kinda guy that would make that kind of statement
Reply/Quote
Tough one.

Dillon would change the offense and the diversification would be amazing. It would bring an additional facet that totally discouraged other teams.

When Boomer returned to Cincinnati and was pressed into service when Blake went down the offense was reborn. We had a good O-line (Willie Anderson), Carl Pickens, Darnay Scott and Corey Dillon.

Boomer was the missing ingredient. His canon was not as strong, but he was so accurate. And he was the ultimate field general. If Mike Brown had just ponied up the 5 mil a year I think we would have been in the mix for a super bowl. Certainly some serious post season games

Corey would bring that missing ingredient to this team. Cuz we already have us a bad ass field general and great receivers

So he's my vote.

But when I think Geno, Munoz, Whit or Montoya it's hard to say no to one of them.
Reply/Quote
I don't think another elite WR would make that much difference (No offense Chad). Because we have an elite WR and several very very good receivers. I we got 1 player to supplement the current roster, it would have to be Dillon or Krumrie. While prime Dillon is better than anyone on the roster, Prime Krumrie would lift the entire defense with his take no prisoner attitude.
Reply/Quote
I don't want to go back too far, simply because guys in the past simply don't stack up physically to players today. I mean, Munoz played around 280. He'd get killed if you scooped him up in a time machine and put him against today's players.

Whit at LG is interesting, but he honestly isn't even the best LG we've had this century as a total package. That's honestly Steinbach. And OL have a low WAR.

Geno is tempting, as he's a HoF caliber 3 tech.

Surprised nobody mentioned AJ Green, yet. Chase lined up in the slot with AJ lined up outside him is nightmare fuel for S's.

His prime was short, but can you imagine this offense with a healthy Tyler Eifert?

Ultimately, gotta go with Dillon, though. This is a dude who just straight up took games over with no OL and crap QB play. It's a toss up between him and Geno, but Dillon has the ability to keep the defense off the field.
Reply/Quote
Since everyone says Cordell Volson is the weak link, Ima have to go with Dave Lapham.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Munoz or Geno. You can move guys around on the OL, and though Geno isn't a NT that's just too much talent inside to not be a factor.
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2024, 12:56 PM)Whatever Wrote: I don't want to go back too far, simply because guys in the past simply don't stack up physically to players today. I mean, Munoz played around 280. He'd get killed if you scooped him up in a time machine and put him against today's players.

Whit at LG is interesting, but he honestly isn't even the best LG we've had this century as a total package. That's honestly Steinbach. And OL have a low WAR.

Geno is tempting, as he's a HoF caliber 3 tech.

Surprised nobody mentioned AJ Green, yet. Chase lined up in the slot with AJ lined up outside him is nightmare fuel for S's.

His prime was short, but can you imagine this offense with a healthy Tyler Eifert?

Ultimately, gotta go with Dillon, though. This is a dude who just straight up took games over with no OL and crap QB play. It's a toss up between him and Geno, but Dillon has the ability to keep the defense off the field.

I thought about 2015 Eifert with this team too. I think I'd lean towards Corey Dillon myself.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Krumrie definitely makes me think, loved that guy. I just don't know if he would be as big of a factor in today's game.

Unlike Geno who proved he was one of the most dominant 3-tech's in today's game before his injury.
Reply/Quote
Everyone saying Geno Atkins or Tim Krumrie should acquaint themselves with Mike Reid.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-03-2024, 04:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Everyone saying Geno Atkins or Tim Krumrie should acquaint themselves with Mike Reid.

Mike Reid was awesome, old-timers will remember him well.   A shame he left the game so young!
Reply/Quote
I'll go outside the box and say DJ Reader at NT. We're unproven at NT and I think him and Rankins would make a nice duo.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

What about a former Cincinnati Red in his youth and prime  -  Deon Sanders  ?

I know, he was never a Bengal but an interesting thought.
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2024, 12:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Since everyone says Cordell Volson is the weak link, Ima have to go with Dave Lapham.

The weak link on a weak chain.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2024, 06:59 PM)J24 Wrote: I'll go outside the box and say DJ Reader at NT. We're unproven at NT and I think him and Rankins would make a nice duo.

My hesitation with Reader is he is coming off a late season quad tendon rupture and his impact wasn’t really felt all that much last season. The rush defense was abysmal with and without him. It’s hard to accept an argument that he alone moves the needle enough to make Cincinnati a Super Bowl favorite.
Reply/Quote