Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MLB Draft Reds
https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-pipeline-2024-mock-draft-june-27

At pick 2, the Reds have a lot of options....ace type pitchers, good bat middle infielders, and big power hitters.

Condon is this year's player of the year..a big RH bat likely 3B or LF. It's possible long range he ends up at 1B.
Caglianone is this year's Zeus. LH first baseman hit a 500 ft homer this year. He can pitch also but that's not likely his future.
Bazzana is a projected 2B with a very good hit tool. He seems to be number 1 ranked on many boards right now.
Wetherholt was the preseason number 1, getting strong looks again. Probably 2B. Some list him as 2B/SS.
Burns RHP and Smith LHP are generally the consensus top 2 pitchers.

Cleveland picks 1st but it is still guess work where they go.

Here are the Reds top prospects currently.
https://www.mlb.com/prospects/reds/
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm guessing Bazzana goes to the Guardians. I hope the Reds go Condon from Georgia because of his power, but I've read that 1B from Florida, Caglianone is in consideration for Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote
It will be hard to screw this up. Some of these guys could get to the majors immediately from what I've read.
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2024, 11:16 AM)samhain Wrote: It will be hard to screw this up.  Some of these guys could get to the majors immediately from what I've read.

[Image: saho-1024x583.jpg]

Ninja

[Image: andrew-whitworth-with-a-nice-block-on-aj...-catch.gif]
Reply/Quote
https://www.mlb.com/news/2024-mlb-draft-day-1-complete-coverage

I'm interested in who they take tonight since they pick #2.
Reply/Quote
Tongue 
Guardians take Travis Bazzana, 2B out of Oregon St. Reds up!

He's also the first Aussie to be taken #1.
Reply/Quote
Bazzana 1st overall.

Interesting to see an Australian go 1st overall.

Reply/Quote
Burns? The 6th best prospect, and another pitcher (and another college pitcher)? We needed OFFENSE.

Reply/Quote
Reds pick Chase Burns RHP Wake Forest.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
hmm...
Reply/Quote
The Reds do not take Charline Condon but instead go with Chase Burns, P from Wake Forest.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2024, 08:18 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Burns? The 6th best prospect, and another pitcher (and another college pitcher)? We needed OFFENSE.

Yeah, I thought they'd be running to the podium to draft Condon.
Reply/Quote
As Jay Gruden would say: Micky Mouse horseshit drafting. ***** ass cheap franchise making ***** as cheap picks. Absolute chickenshit trash garbage pick.

Jesus H Christ. 2 readymade power hitters sitting there for the taking. Shit ownership and shit organization. **** this ownership group.
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2024, 11:16 AM)samhain Wrote: It will be hard to screw this up.  Some of these guys could get to the majors immediately from what I've read.

(07-14-2024, 08:23 PM)samhain Wrote: As Jay Gruden would say: Micky Mouse horseshit drafting.  ***** ass cheap franchise making ***** as cheap picks.  Absolute chickenshit trash garbage pick.

Jesus H Christ.  2 readymade power hitters sitting there for the taking.  Shit ownership and shit organization.  **** this ownership group.

[Image: first-time-james-franco-hanging-meme.jpg]

Reply/Quote
To make an argument for him....the Reds will never get an arm like this in free agency. The draft is the only way. I liked the power hitters though at the pick.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2024, 08:25 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: first-time-james-franco-hanging-meme.jpg]
I get it, but man this was some bullshit.  Gonna be painful watching Condon rake out in Denver.
Reply/Quote
Really thought we were going to get Condon.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Cards made a better pick at 7 than we did at 2.

They were massively fortunate to get the number 2 pick and they pissed it down their leg. Would all be moot if they'd actually sign a legit outfielder, but they won't, so here we are.

Maybe this actually works out and we a have a rotation of Greene-Lodolo-Abbott-Lowder-Burns in 2026. Who knows?
Reply/Quote
Danny Graves called the pick.

Maybe the plan with Elly really is to move him to the OF.

Reply/Quote
(07-14-2024, 09:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Danny Graves called the pick.

Maybe the plan with Elly really is to move him to the OF.

He's got a mechanical issues to work out.  Recoil, head snap, etc.  My guess is that they think that these issues can be fixed relatively easily.
Reply/Quote