Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If on the team right now, what former Bengal would GUARANTEE a Super Bowl win?
Ken Riley, Munoz, or yes Greg Cook. I know I know we have Joe, but Cook played at a MVP level injured. Just saying, maybe he’s able to play through some of the injuries or not get them at all. But it seems he had Joes luck too.
Reply/Quote
Geno,

If we had interior pass rush WITH Trey and kept our high powered offense we’d have Burrow getting extra possessions and that’s just a recipe for a Super Bowl.

Part of me thinks Willie Anderson at RT with Orlando Brown at LT would do it too.

I just have a hard time believing Burrow would lose with an elite tackle duo
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2024, 08:44 AM)Housh Wrote: Geno,

If we had interior pass rush WITH Trey and kept our high powered offense we’d have Burrow getting extra possessions and that’s just a recipe for a Super Bowl.

Part of me thinks Willie Anderson at RT with Orlando Brown at LT would do it too.

I just have a hard time believing Burrow would lose with an elite tackle duo

Willie Anderson is a good one. Surprised he wasnt mentioned more

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2024, 12:07 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Seeing as how I saw two Giants teams (you could say 3 with Lt, but I was too young) win super bowls mostly on the fact they could rush the passer… Geno or Carlos Dunlap.  

Obviously Munoz and Dillion would be candidates.  

but if we could airdrop a 8-12 sack/year guy into the current DL room, that would be a game changer.  Instantly changes our pass rush.

Then you want Coy Bacon with his 20+ Wink

I'd go Dillon or Bacon.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Kevin Zeitler.
Reply/Quote
James Brooks. The run game would be frighteningly good.
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2024, 10:43 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Then you want Coy Bacon with his 20+ Wink

I'd go Dillon or Bacon.

I think with the running game being putrid for years now, and a big question mark for this year, Corey makes the most sense. We've already saw what he did when he hit a contender in 2004.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2024, 10:14 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Ken Riley, Munoz, or yes Greg Cook. I know I know we have Joe, but Cook played at a MVP level injured. Just saying, maybe he’s able to play through some of the injuries or not get them at all. But it seems he had Joes luck too.

I don't criticize posts often TKUHL, but really? Greg Cook and then putting Burrow in his shelf? Makes me cringe.Oh My
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2024, 02:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I don't criticize posts often TKUHL, but really? Greg Cook and then putting Burrow in his shelf? Makes me cringe.Oh My

I agree, especially when you take a look at the numbers Cook put up...

Thankfully, Cook would easily be the back up, as would all past QB's except maybe Kenny Anderson. He had great numbers in a time where the CB's could mug the WR's.

Even then it's a maybe.
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2024, 02:56 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: I agree, especially when you take a look at the numbers Cook put up...

Thankfully, Cook would easily be the back up, as would all past QB's except maybe Kenny Anderson. He had great numbers in a time where the CB's could mug the WR's.

Even then it's a maybe.

He was probably our most talented QB, but still...Freakout
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2024, 12:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Since everyone says Cordell Volson is the weak link, Ima have to go with Dave Lapham.

Close to my thoughts, but i was think Braham and slide Teddy over to LG and get a 2 fer 1 upgrade.

I think you guys forget that Ritchie was the anchor during those Dillion years.
Reply/Quote
Jessie Bates.... to soon?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
No addition would guarantee us a Super Bowl. But stop overthinking it. Munoz and it's not even close.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2024, 08:51 AM)Synric Wrote: Jessie Bates.... to soon?

Well, he was our highest rated player in that Super Bowl run.

Reply/Quote
Part of me just says get the best player no matter the position and that’s Munoz or Ocho Cinco.

If we’re doing a fit thing then it’s still Willie Anderson or Geno Atkins
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2024, 01:10 PM)jason Wrote: I think with the running game being putrid for years now, and a big question mark for this year, Corey makes the most sense. We've already saw what he did when he hit a contender in 2004.

Agree, and just look what he did on terrible teams here when everyone in the stadium knew he was getting the ball.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Either this offense or Pollack seems to be the issue with all the sacks, so as of right now, I have doubts that any player would step in and fix the problem.

So no o-linemen.

I would say CD, but we don't run enough to get the most out of him.

I'm going to throw a curve and say 2015 Tyler Eifert.

Joey B with Chase and Higgins on the outside with Eifert up the seam? Nice.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote