Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Krumrie and Dillon - 2024 ROH Inductees
(07-18-2024, 04:12 PM)pally Wrote: Just take a took at the 50th anniversary team to get an idea of who should be next.  I would vote for some combination of Max Montoya, Dave Lapham (for career and media), Reggie Williams, or Bob Trumpy

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-announce-all-50th-team-19044384
yeah Dave should be up their for On and off the field
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2024, 01:30 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Awesome for both.

On the grand scheme of things, there are other names I would have put in before Krumrie, but he would still end up in there before all was said and done.
Krumrie is probably the best player ever to wear a Bengal's jersey that 75% of the fanbase has never heard of. He definitely deserves to go in now. Still to this day has more tackles in the NFL than any other DL....
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2024, 03:10 PM)jerrydmc Wrote: I might be in the minority, but Dillon has no business up there. Yes, he played for some awful teams. Yes, ownership made this franchise a laughingstock in the 90's. That said, he was publicly stating before he left that he would rather flip burgers than play for Cincy. That doesn't feel "honorable" to me.

(07-18-2024, 04:16 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I wonder if the $#$% Dillon shows up or a forgiving one that actually apologizes to the organization. we will see

(07-18-2024, 04:21 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: He was a very good player borderline HOF but he also was a jerk more than once as a player for Bengals and after was a real #$% towards the franchise... even last year.. that is why i did not vote for him, i was thinking about it last year until his tirade ... he deserves to be in but not yet

[Image: 7a3e6640-1bc7-477d-9a1b-aadf2bc65f2a_text.gif]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Glad Dillon made it.. got his autograph last year. Seems like a very down to earth guy now days.

I'd prolly be pissed too if my prime years was spent on the 90's ran Bengals... it was crap as everyone here knows. Should he of left the Bengals on better terms... absolutely but Bengals ownership is also pretty stubborn. You see they really don't give into demands unless you throw a fit... (Carl Lawson) most recent example.

A lot of us have done things we've regretted.. let bygones be bygones and welcome Dillon into the ROH he deserves it.
[Image: 274466608_10158743148308176_802682179485...e=66EA8437]
Reply/Quote
Good choices. Krumrie and Dillon in their prime would be awesome on this team.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2024, 01:04 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: So far we have:

Founder/Owner/HC
Franchise LT
Franchise RT
2 Franchise QB
2 Franchise WR
2 Franchise CB
1 Franchise DL
1 Franchise RB

So my question is what other Bengals greats that played Safety, LB, IOL and TE deserve the nod in 2025?

Pretty sure Ken Riley is the only CB in so far.

Reply/Quote
(07-18-2024, 05:32 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Krumrie is probably the best player ever to wear a Bengal's jersey that 75% of the fanbase has never heard of. He definitely deserves to go in now. Still to this day has more tackles in the NFL than any other DL....

He is a no brainer. Insane effort and played with great leverage.

If he did not suffer that injury, Joe Burrow would be working on the Bengals second Lombardi trophy.
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2024, 11:03 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Excellent choices. Good job voting fans.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2024, 12:42 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Great for Krumrie. Dillon should have had to wait at least another year after his temper tantrum last year. It's like giving in to a petulant little child.

[Image: 8eaad4bb-cbb2-47a9-bed0-e1cdeadc79bd_text.gif]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2024, 03:10 PM)jerrydmc Wrote: I might be in the minority, but Dillon has no business up there. Yes, he played for some awful teams. Yes, ownership made this franchise a laughingstock in the 90's. That said, he was publicly stating before he left that he would rather flip burgers than play for Cincy. That doesn't feel "honorable" to me.

[Image: boo-this-man-adam-sandler-raspberry-thum...8j9587.gif]

Reply/Quote
(07-18-2024, 04:16 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I wonder if the $#$% Dillon shows up or a forgiving one that actually apologizes to the organization.  we will see

He doesn't owe the organization or fans an apology. Anyone not appreciating the effort he gave on the field, every single time, are the ones who should be apolgizing for holding petty little grudges, when it's the org that was a total shit show in the '90s and early '00s.

Reply/Quote
Would not have been my 2-picks, but I don't get a vote.

In case folks forget here's Dillon's response just a couple years ago:
"Did I not play for them? I don't know, bro. I'm curious about that. Because it looks like they are glossing over me. For what reason? Because I left? That's not a good enough reason. You are telling me there's five other guys better than me — at my position? And trust me, this is no knock on whoever is getting in, who goes in, that's not what it is about. It's about what is your excuse going to be? I'm pretty sure they will put f--king Jon Kitna in there before they put me. Matter of fact, Scott Mitchell will end up in that motherf--ker before I do."

The dude has also been arrested twice for spousal abuse. Don't talk to me about character then applaud the Corey Dillon Selection. Too many other Bengal greats of high character who should get the nod first.

But like I said: I don't get a vote and dude sure could run with the football. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Quote:“I think time heals everything,” Dillon said, via Ben Baby of ESPN.com. “We had our due process of healing in our different ways. It’s been long enough. I don’t think the antics outweighed the production on the field, you know what I mean? I think what I presented to the organization outweighed the little antics that went on.”

Winning makes believers of us all

Reply/Quote
Woohoo that’s the two I voted for
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2024, 10:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Would not have been my 2-picks, but I don't get a vote.

In case folks forget here's Dillon's response just a couple years ago:
"Did I not play for them? I don't know, bro. I'm curious about that. Because it looks like they are glossing over me. For what reason? Because I left? That's not a good enough reason. You are telling me there's five other guys better than me — at my position? And trust me, this is no knock on whoever is getting in, who goes in, that's not what it is about. It's about what is your excuse going to be? I'm pretty sure they will put f--king Jon Kitna in there before they put me. Matter of fact, Scott Mitchell will end up in that motherf--ker before I do."

The dude has also been arrested twice for spousal abuse. Don't talk to me about character then applaud the Corey Dillon Selection. Too many other Bengal greats of high character who should get the nod first.

But like I said: I don't get a vote and dude sure could run with the football. 

Dillon is a stone-cold loser who was blessed with the physical ability to run a football. He reminds me of LeBron James, very talented and has the emotional maturity of a 3-year-old. He's been that way his entire life. If you remember when he was drafted, he wasn't even there to take the phone call because he didn't get drafted where he thought he should have and was outside throwing a temper tantrum. Then he left this organization not getting what he wanted, so he threw his gear into the stands and bad-mouthed the organization for years. Then last year he showed he had not matured any by throwing yet another temper tantrum because he didn't get named when he thought he should have. So he actually throws shots at other players. His quote that there are not 5 guys better than him at his position shows how self-centered he is. The ROH is not only for running backs you @%@$#. All those named before him deserved to be in before him. And none of this even addresses what a POS wife-beater he is off the field. Being one of the few old heads around here who have watched the Bengals since the first season, I can tell you Corey Dillon would get my vote (if I had one) in about 15 years. There are that many players that deserve to be up there before him. But the little child once again stomped his foot last year and the season ticket holders rewarded him. So much for the Ring being about honor.
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2024, 04:16 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I wonder if the $#$% Dillon shows up or a forgiving one that actually apologizes to the organization.  we will see

No doubt he'll be all happy and smiles, he got his way again.
Reply/Quote

I don't agree with your sentiment. That was a very different time and era, much has changed since then. I think it very honorable of the team to extend the olive branch and put bygones behind, allowing for Corey Dillon to be remembered for the great player that he was rather than an insolent shit of a person at that time.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2024, 12:16 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Good choices. Dillion was one of the best at his position to ever do it.

Yes he said some stuff about the organization when he left, but it was deserved. The organization and ownership was a steaming pile of doo doo during the 90s - mid 2000s.

Agree. Some people forget about the "Pickens Clause", Lee Johnson, Takeo Spikes, and others from that era. Those guys were tired of losing, and management wasn't. Is what it is.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

(07-19-2024, 09:00 AM)Sled21 Wrote: No doubt he'll be all happy and smiles, he got his way again.

I read the link that Pally posted and I don't view that as an "apology". That says "I was so good on the field the organization should overlook what I did off the field."

Now there may be another "apology" that I'm not tracking, but that damn sure ain't one.

I get folks excited about the pick; hell when he was playing, he was the only thing we had to root for as a Bengals fan and I don't/won't "thumbs down" anyone who likes it.

I've provided stats in the past that support there wasn't much on field production between Corey and Brooks and if you use Special Teams I believe JB out-produced him. I would have voted him in over Corey "Pimp Hand" Dillon. 

Of course Brooks had issues to. He couldn't read. There's an old Family Feud that has the Bengals taking on the 49ers. You could easily see JB was not a scholar 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-18-2024, 09:29 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He doesn't owe the organization or fans an apology. Anyone not appreciating the effort he gave on the field, every single time, are the ones who should be apolgizing for holding petty little grudges, when it's the org that was a total shit show in the '90s and early '00s.

The good news is that the fans did elect him to the ring of honor. I mean, I'm sure that the team could have withheld results and named whomever they wanted to be in this year, but they let the fans' voices speak. 

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote