Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre Season Media Lunch
Zac

1) Joe cleared to play. Will not confirm nor deny a pitch count
2) all starters expected to play in preseason

Duke

1) talks have begun with Chase's reps
2) no timeline on Money Mac extension...it may happen tomorrow, it may never happen

Mike Brown
1) fully intend to keep Chase...very high priority
2) will not discuss stadium lease
new field unveiled

Winning makes believers of us all

Reply/Quote
(07-22-2024, 12:52 PM)pally Wrote: Zac

1) Joe cleared to play.  Will not confirm nor deny a pitch count
2) all starters expected to play in preseason

Duke

1) talks have begun with Chase's reps
2) no timeline on Money Mac extension...it may happen tomorrow, it may never happen

Mike Brown
1) fully intend to keep Chase...very high priority
2) will not discuss stadium lease
new field unveiled

The field looks good!

I'm glad our starters will get some preseason action so they're firing on all cylendaras when season starts but not too much because don't want unnecessary injuries.

The Chase thing was never a question but I'm glad they're working on it. I have a feeling it could get done by the end of training camp (hopefully before the start).

Money Mac's big just because we need his clutch kicks at the end of games.

Not a bad day!
Reply/Quote
Damn listening to Mike Brown - he's getting old. Like real old. He really comes off as a sweet old man. People must love him.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Talks have begun but unlikely this year? Maybe assumptions here:
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/40618320/jamarr-chase-deal-unlikely-season-bengals-president-says
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2024, 04:01 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Damn listening to Mike Brown - he's getting old. Like real old. He really comes off as a sweet old man. People must love him.

well he will be 89 in 3 weeks....that is old...like real old.

Reply/Quote
https://www.profootballnetwork.com/why-cincinnati-bengals-could-not-get-deal-done-with-tee-higgins-where-negotiations-stand-with-jamarr-chase-nfl-2024/

“We are saddled with the cap,” Brown said. “The pie is not going to grow. When you reach a point with your quarterback that you have to pay him a big contract, that takes a disproportionate piece out of the pie, which means you have less left to pay the others. Sometimes that impacts whether you can get the others signed. You can’t just pay people willy-nilly.”

“We really like Tee Higgins,” Brown added. “We would wish to sign him, but it has to be at a certain level to fit within the cap or it can’t be done.”

“I don’t want to say why, it just didn’t come together,” director of player personnel Duke Tobin said of the Higgins extension. “I don’t fault anybody on that. It’s gotta work for us, and it has to work for them, and sometimes that collides with each other, and sometimes it misses. We accept that, and he accepts that.”

Reply/Quote