Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Daily observations from camp
(07-29-2024, 02:56 PM)pally Wrote: Sammy will be day to day with the knee

Trey is also apparently injured no specifics but he is also day to day

Today will be a rest day for Wilson, Hilton, and some of the OL

I dont think there is anything wrong with Hendrickson.  He is just pouting like Chase when he still has two years left on his contract and wants more money.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2024, 04:55 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I dont think there is anything wrong with Hendrickson.  He is just pouting like Chase when he still has two years left on his contract and wants more money.

Possibly, but that wouldn't mesh with him showing up and participating at OTAs, mini-camp, and day 1.

If I were to guess: I'd say he's "dinged" but is in no hurry to return to the field 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2024, 05:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Possibly, but that wouldn't mesh with him showing up and participating at OTAs, mini-camp, and day 1.

If I were to guess: I'd say he's "dinged" but is in no hurry to return to the field 

Agree, I don't think Trey is pouting after he shown up and said all the right things at OTA's.

Happy Hubbard's injury isn't serious, that scared me a little bit. Myles Murphy is going to get a lot of snaps with these guy's banged up.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2024, 04:55 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I dont think there is anything wrong with Hendrickson.  He is just pouting like Chase when he still has two years left on his contract and wants more money.

Zac said he was injuried on day 1...when he did partcipate

Winning makes believers of us all

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
"Looking to square his shoulders and sprint upfield".... Man, I've been waiting to hear those words for a while. Loved Jow Mixon, but he tried to hard to be LeVeonn Bell instead of who he really was, which is a downhill runner.
Reply/Quote
Everybody kept moaning even after signing Rankins that we needed a DT. They didn’t sign him for more they were paying DJ (26 million) to sit him. Yes they drafted McKinley Jackson for short yardage & goal line. Gesicki and Burton and the emerging Isovias gives the kind of vibes of the best WR group in the NFL. Thats not hyperbole. Gesicki Redzone out of the slot is filthy
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2024, 09:26 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Everybody kept moaning even after signing Rankins that we needed a DT. They didn’t sign him for more they were paying DJ (26 million) to sit him. Yes they drafted McKinley Jackson for short yardage & goal line. Gesicki and Burton and the emerging Isovias gives the kind of vibes of the best WR group in the NFL. Thats not hyperbole. Gesicki Redzone out of the slot is filthy

Who said anything about sitting Rankins? 

DT room is still weak IMO. Same with corner. 

I am not sold that this defense is going to be good this year. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

I don;t believe ZT would just be making the issue up with Trey and would lie that Trey had minor issue Day 1 to cover for him being out.... not to say maybe Trey is slow walking the injury, as for Chase seems totally contract issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MahplnqSFC8 
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2024, 09:26 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Everybody kept moaning even after signing Rankins that we needed a DT. They didn’t sign him for more they were paying DJ (26 million) to sit him. Yes they drafted McKinley Jackson for short yardage & goal line. Gesicki and Burton and the emerging Isovias gives the kind of vibes of the best WR group in the NFL. Thats not hyperbole. Gesicki Redzone out of the slot is filthy

It is a bit hyperbole  at this point since Burton is a rookie with nothing to show on the field yet, Isovias has 15 catches to his name vs losing Boyd.  As for Gesicki he has something to prove, has never started more than 10 games in his career, but he has shown times of being effective especially in the red zone and will probably be more slot than on the line especially since he is subpar blocker.  Still alot of questions with our WR/TE core outside of Chase and Higgins, I think by week 4 we will have a much better feel where this group is 
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2024, 09:00 AM)Sled21 Wrote: "Looking to square his shoulders and sprint upfield".... Man, I've been waiting to hear those words for a while. Loved Jow Mixon, but he tried to hard to be LeVeonn Bell instead of who he really was, which is a downhill runner.

So true, really think Zack Moss fits this Offense perfectly and could certainly be an upgrade over Mixon as both a runner because of Mixon's
hesitation and especially as a blocker in pass pro where he already is an upgrade. Chase Brown certainly made huge strides this Offseason as
a route runner and pass catcher. This could be a really good RB duo.

Also loved what I heard about Vonn Bell and Geno Stone and the communication being sharp. This was the biggest reason our Defense was 
as bad as it was last year. Poor communication along with poor tackling.
Reply/Quote
Getting Vonn back may end up being be one of the best off-season moves

Reply/Quote
Cam Taylor Britt returned to practice after his tonsillectomy

Trey working with trainer

Chase was signing autographs

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2024, 06:28 PM)pally Wrote: Cam Taylor Britt returned to practice after his tonsillectomy

Trey working with trainer

Chase was signing autographs

Glad I can post again, after 2 weeks lol.

Trey looks SUPER fast for someone that size.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Either Burrow is on for an MVP level season and Jake Browning is gonna be worth a 2nd round pick next season or I’m starting to worry about our defence a tiny bit.

I know it’s camp and it means nothing but the first few days defence usually comes out on top and from everything I’ve read the offence have been carving them up.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2024, 03:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: So true, really think Zack Moss fits this Offense perfectly and could certainly be an upgrade over Mixon as both a runner because of Mixon's
hesitation and especially as a blocker in pass pro where he already is an upgrade. Chase Brown certainly made huge strides this Offseason as
a route runner and pass catcher. This could be a really good RB duo.

Also loved what I heard about Vonn Bell and Geno Stone and the communication being sharp. This was the biggest reason our Defense was 
as bad as it was last year. Poor communication along with poor tackling.

The improvement in blocking makes me feel better for Joe's safety already. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Great updates! We are in for a great season, if not, it will be fun until week 10!
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
A couple of the nicer plays from today.

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2024, 07:19 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Either Burrow is on for an MVP level season and Jake Browning is gonna be worth a 2nd round pick next season or I’m starting to worry about our defence a tiny bit.

I know it’s camp and it means nothing but the first few days defence usually comes out on top and from everything I’ve read the offence have been carving them up.

Sounds like the starters did well in the red zone drills at least.

Reply/Quote