Poll: Where's our QBs?
1-2
3-4
5-7
8-12
GO STEELERS!!
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rank our QBs (2024)
We close out this year's Preseason ranking by ranking the JBs. So where you got Joe and Jake compared to the rest of the league?

ARZ: Kyler Murray/ Desmond Ridder
ATL: Kirk Cousins/ Michael Penix Jr.
BAL: Lamar Jackson /Josh Johnson
BUF: Josh Allen/ Mitchell Trubisky
CAR: Bryce Young/ Andy Dalton
CHI: Caleb Williams/ Tyson Bagent
CLV: Deshaun Watson/ Jameis Winston
DAL: Dak Prescott/ Cooper Rush
DEN: Bo Nix/ Jarrett Stidham
DET: Jared Goff/ Hendon Hooker
GBP: Jordan Love/ Sean Clifford
HOU: C.J. Stroud/ Davis Mills
IND: Anthony Richardson/ Joe Flacco
JAX: Trevor Lawrence/ Mac Jones
KCC: Patrick Mahomes/ Carson Wentz
LAC: Justin Herbert / Easton Stick
LAR: Matthew Stafford/ Jimmy Garoppolo
LVR: Aidan O'Connell/ Gardner Minshew
MIA: Tua Tagovailoa/ Mike White
MIN: Sam Darnold/ J.J. McCarthy
NEP: Jacoby Brissett/ Drake Maye
NOS: Derek Carr/ Spencer rattler
NYG: Daniel Jones/ Drew Lock
NYJ: Aaron Rodgers/ Tyrod Taylor
PHI: Jalen Hurts/ Kenny Pickett
PIT: Russell Wilson / Justin Fields
SEA: Geno Smith / Sam Howell
SFF: Brock Purdy/ Joshua Dobbs
TBB: Baker Mayfield/ Kyle Trask
TEN: Will Levis/ Mason Rudolph
WAS: Jayden Daniels/ Marcus Mariota

TOP FA’s: Ryan Tannehill/ Brian Hoyer/ Trevor Siemian
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
After Browning showing up and playing well late last season we could be #1. Mahomes and Wentz could be #1 as well.

Mahomes has the edge because he has won the Super Bowls though and even Wentz got one while sitting on the bench with the
Eagles but Wentz has played pretty bad ever since. I voted 1 or 2. Burrow is the 2nd best QB in the NFL and Browning showed he
is a really good backup QB last year.
Reply/Quote
I feel comfortable with #2. I believe Mahomes is clearly above Burrow and Wentz is just as good if not better than Browning. Allen and Trubisky is also a fine QB room. I really like the Stafford/Jimmy G room.
Reply/Quote
I personally have us at 1 barely over 2 Cowboys. Wentz is so bad he bumps Chiefs down to 3 may be worst backup in the league
Reply/Quote
Voted 3-4. I think KC, Miami and Dallas have the better duo. Maybe not in playoff pressure, but in regular season.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2024, 06:49 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I feel comfortable with #2. I believe Mahomes is clearly above Burrow and Wentz is just as good if not better than Browning. Allen and Trubisky is also a fine QB room. I really like the Stafford/Jimmy G room.

Trubisky is the reason I didn't pick Chicago. He has the talent to be great, but man, he's volatile as heck. I think he plays to his competition.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2024, 07:26 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Trubisky is the reason I didn't pick Chicago. He has the talent to be great, but man, he's volatile as heck. I think he plays to his competition.

He definitely can be. What's funny is you have the Cowboys high and one of the reasons I am not a huge fan of the Cowboys room is Cooper Rush. A lot of fans really, really like him for some reason when he isn't that good at all IMO. When he played in 2022 for those five games, he posted numbers slightly worse than Brandon Allen's five games during the 2020 season but with a significantly better roster. 

We both have our guys that we are just really skeptical about and they happen to be in each others lists lol.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2024, 07:26 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Trubisky is the reason I didn't pick Chicago. He has the talent to be great, but man, he's volatile as heck. I think he plays to his competition.

Chicago?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2024, 07:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Chicago?

LOL Damn, good catch. My mind said one thing, and my fingers typed another.

Edit: My neighbor is a die-hard Chicago fan. I've heard him ***** about Trubisky too much me thinks.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2024, 06:58 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I personally have us at 1 barely over 2 Cowboys. Wentz is so bad he bumps Chiefs down to 3 may be worst backup in the league

Did Wentz bang your girlfriend, mom, or both? I certainly wouldn't love Wentz as my starter, but worst backup in the league? Lol

- - - - - -

I voted 3-4, and that's because I was going to vote 1-2 and say "#2 if Burrow stays healthy" but then realized that means if I am giving Burrow the assumption of health that I also need to vote other guys based on if they're healthy. So I probably need to give #2 to Aaron Rodgers with Tyrod Taylor as a legit backup even though he had the misfortune of being on some really bad teams lately. Mahomes is the best QB in the league and Wentz is a significant upgrade at backup over their previous guys of Blaine Gabbert and Chad Henne.

[Image: andrew-whitworth-with-a-nice-block-on-aj...-catch.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2024, 08:08 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Did Wentz bang your girlfriend, mom, or both? I certainly wouldn't love Wentz as my starter, but worst backup in the league? Lol

- - - - - -

I voted 3-4, and that's because I was going to vote 1-2 and say "#2 if Burrow stays healthy" but then realized that means if I am giving Burrow the assumption of health that I also need to vote other guys based on if they're healthy. So I probably need to give #2 to Aaron Rodgers with Tyrod Taylor as a legit backup even though he had the misfortune of being on some really bad teams lately. Mahomes is the best QB in the league and Wentz is a significant upgrade at backup over their previous guys of Blaine Gabbert and Chad Henne.

Wentz hasn't been good since the year him and the Eagles went to the Super Bowl and his backup won it. He definitely 
isn't one of the worst backups in the league though lol

Good thoughts especially on Aaron Rodgers and Tyrod Taylor, they are right up there if they can stay healthy as well.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2024, 06:49 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I feel comfortable with #2. I believe Mahomes is clearly above Burrow and Wentz is just as good if not better than Browning. Allen and Trubisky is also a fine QB room. I really like the Stafford/Jimmy G room.

Me too
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2024, 07:34 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: He definitely can be. What's funny is you have the Cowboys high and one of the reasons I am not a huge fan of the Cowboys room is Cooper Rush. A lot of fans really, really like him for some reason when he isn't that good at all IMO. When he played in 2022 for those five games, he posted numbers slightly worse than Brandon Allen's five games during the 2020 season but with a significantly better roster. 

We both have our guys that we are just really skeptical about and they happen to be in each others lists lol.

Rush is 5-1 as a starter; so he is doing something right as a backup QB. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
We have the 2nd best QB in the league, and a serviceable backup. I'd say as a room we're behind KC and the Rams.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I'm a sucker for Joe Burrow's skillset as a QB. Anticipation rhythm passer with extraordinary field vision and ball placement. I would bet Burrow and the Bengals are some of the first tape teams watch when trying to breakdown opposing defenses because of the scheme and how Joe plays in 3rd and Long situations.

The Scrambler, the Prototype, the Runner, and the Technician. The NFL is in good and varied hands when it comes to QBs.

PS - I don't put much thought into backup QB because there are never 32 starting caliber QBs in the NFL at one time so if they had any real ability to consistently win games they would be starting somewhere.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2024, 07:45 AM)Synric Wrote: I'm a sucker for Joe Burrow's skillset as a QB. Anticipation rhythm passer with extraordinary field vision and ball placement. I would bet Burrow and the Bengals are some of the first tape teams watch when trying to breakdown opposing defenses because of the scheme and how Joe plays in 3rd and Long situations.

The Scrambler, the Prototype, the Runner, and the Technician. The NFL is in good and varied hands when it comes to QBs.

PS - I don't put much thought into backup QB because there are never 32 starting caliber QBs in the NFL at one time so if they had any real ability to consistently win games they would be starting somewhere.

I factored the backups in.  That's why I have is at #3 behind KC and the Bills.  We'd be #2, objectively, discounting the backups.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2024, 11:13 PM)J24 Wrote: Rush is 5-1 as a starter; so he is doing something right as a backup QB. 

It probably has more to do with the team around him than Rush himself. He has a really small sample set to work with but one of those victories was a game where Rush barely threw for 100 yards and had two fumbles yet they still won by 12. I've long argued that Rush is a Brandon Allen level back-up but on a significantly better team. 

I should clarify that I am not saying Rush is bad. I don't think Allen is bad, either, at least as far as back-up QBs go. What I tend to argue against is the fact that people think Rush is a really good back-up QB. 
Reply/Quote
I put us 3-4, behind Chiefs and Rams, ahead or even with Bills
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2024, 08:08 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Did Wentz bang your girlfriend, mom, or both? I certainly wouldn't love Wentz as my starter, but worst backup in the league? Lol

- - - - - -

Colts had a playoff caliber roster with Wentz. Henicke who isnt what I would call great played significantly better for Washington with same talent
Reply/Quote
I put us at 1-2, not because of Burrow, but because of Browning.. say what? yes, sir.
Reply/Quote