Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need DE help?
With Sample going down, Trey and Hubbard as well for undetermined periods is it too early to look at FA DE'S?
Justin Houston is out there....
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2024, 11:44 AM)kalibengal Wrote: With Sample going down, Trey and Hubbard as well for undetermined periods is it too early to look at FA DE'S?
Justin Houston is out there....

I'd be good with adding Carl Lawson. When healthy (VERY Seldom) he's elite. Be great in a heavy rotation. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2024, 01:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'd be good with adding Carl Lawson. When healthy (VERY Seldom) he's elite. Be great in a heavy rotation. 

Hasn't he only been healthy three full seasons?

I agree though............. put him in a heavy rotation and keep him fresh. Make the contract incentive-laden.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2024, 01:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'd be good with adding Carl Lawson. When healthy (VERY Seldom) he's elite. Be great in a heavy rotation. 

Why do you think Lawson is elite?
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2024, 03:07 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Why do you think Lawson is elite?

When he's played a complete season (3 times in his career) he's averaged:

7 sacks
7 TFL
26 QB hits
28 tackles

Although he's had 3 seasons where he played every game; he's only had 1 year as a full-time starter. 

I suppose the term elite can be debated, but he's damn good. He just suffered an injury coming out of the womb and never fully healed. 

Reply/Quote
Trey and Sam will be ready in plenty of time for when they are needed.
Reply/Quote
We still have 4 young draft picks on the roster behind them.

Murphy, Ossai, Gunter, and Johnson. And they sounded excited when we signed UDFA Blazek after the draft.

If it’s short term stuff for Hendrickson and Hubbard I think we are ok. Not ideal to be missing 3 of our top 4 right now, but our young guys getting a bunch of work is an unexpected bonus at least.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2024, 04:22 PM)Joelist Wrote: Trey and Sam will be ready in plenty of time for when they are needed.

Definitely
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2024, 03:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: When he's played a complete season (3 times in his career) he's averaged:

7 sacks
7 TFL
26 QB hits
28 tackles

Although he's had 3 seasons where he played every game; he's only had 1 year as a full-time starter. 

I suppose the term elite can be debated, but he's damn good. He just suffered an injury coming out of the womb and never fully healed. 

Lol how can you type out those stats and come to the conclusion that calling him "elite" is even debatable lol. 
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2024, 03:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: When he's played a complete season (3 times in his career) he's averaged:

7 sacks
7 TFL
26 QB hits
28 tackles

That is not elite Bfine lol

But decent and yes would be all for bringing back Carl Lawson.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2024, 06:04 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: We still have 4 young draft picks on the roster behind them.

Murphy, Ossai, Gunter, and Johnson. And they sounded excited when we signed UDFA Blazek after the draft.

If it’s short term stuff for Hendrickson and Hubbard I think we are ok. Not ideal to be missing 3 of our top 4 right now, but our young guys getting a bunch of work is an unexpected bonus at least.

I agree with this point of view. Let's see if the guys we already have on the roster are able to rise to the occasion.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2024, 01:18 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I agree with this point of view. Let's see if the guys we already have on the roster are able to rise to the occasion.

Hopefully Ossai can finally stay healthy and play well. I had really high hopes for him when we drafted him until the bonehead mistake 
in the AFC Championship and then it seemed to be in his head and he was injured again. I like Gunter in the Preseason a lot, not as 
much as that RJIII guy we had poached from our PS, but Gunter gets pressure.

Interested to see Johnson the End we grabbed in the Draft, seems talented.
Reply/Quote
Cam Sample out with a torn achilles.
Reply/Quote
Jackson now limping out of training.

Thank **** we are still in the early part of camp.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2024, 03:07 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Cam Sample out with a torn achilles.

Yannick Ngakoue is out there, and likely wouldn't cost much.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2024, 04:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yannick Ngakoue is out there, and likely wouldn't cost much.

Why is Yannick out there? Injury? I was hoping we would of got him in FA a couple years back.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2024, 04:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Why is Yannick out there? Injury? I was hoping we would of got him in FA a couple years back.

Purely guessing, but I'd say he's not "a good teammate". Dude's been on 6 different teams in the last 6 years

Reply/Quote
(08-05-2024, 05:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Purely guessing, but I'd say he's not "a good teammate". Dude's been on 6 different teams in the last 6 years

Okay, so just a one year hired gun. His ceiling is better than Lawson, who is already a known commodity to the Bengals. I never saw the details of what the Bengals offered Lawson in free agency, but for what he took from the Jets, with NY taxes to boot, seems like the Bengals were ready to cut bait with him.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote