Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
What are you watching?
Tommy Boy right now. I forgot how funny this movie was.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2024, 12:49 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I'm giving The Acolyte a try because I think there is a lot of potential for pre Phantom Menace content. But for whatever reason the suits at Disney keep trying to take 1.5/2 hours of movie-worthy content and stretch it out into an 8 episode series. But the first three episodes have been underwhelming for sure. 

I watched the entire series and enjoyed it. One thing that bugged me in the beginning was it was described as a murder mystery prior to its release, as well as primarily from the Sith’s point of view. I definitely do not feel either was the case. But there was some great stuff in the series, and they did a great job ending it in a way that leaves you wanting a second season, IMO.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2024, 01:29 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I watched the entire series and enjoyed it.  One thing that bugged me in the beginning was it was described as a murder mystery prior to its release, as well as primarily from the Sith’s point of view.  I definitely do not feel either was the case.  But there was some great stuff in the series, and they did a great job ending it in a way that leaves you wanting a second season, IMO.

My gripes about them stretching movie worthy content into a drip released TV series remains, but I wholly agree. Watched every week it is underwhelming. But very binge worthy and overall enjoyable and in no way deserving of the review bombing it received. 

Some of the best choreographed fights and one of the most compelling characters in Sol. Writing was a little clunky, but people seem to forget that Star Wars has always had clunky writing. 
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2024, 01:41 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: My gripes about them stretching movie worthy content into a drip released TV series remains, but I wholly agree. Watched every week it is underwhelming. But very binge worthy and overall enjoyable and in no way deserving of the review bombing it received. 

Some of the best choreographed fights and one of the most compelling characters in Sol. Writing was a little clunky, but people seem to forget that Star Wars has always had clunky writing. 

Yeah, if you take out the into and credits, you could easily fit it all into a part one and part two movie.
Reply/Quote
Disclaimer: House of the Dragon season 2 stinks.

Trying my first go ‘round with Better Call Saul and it has me hooked. On season 3.

Also watched Charlie Hustle & The Matter of Pete Rose doc on HBO Max in one day, it’s worth a watch. Especially for the Cincinnatians.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2024, 05:42 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Disclaimer: House of the Dragon season 2 stinks.

Watching it now it seems to be following the source material pretty closely......   The fall of the house of Dragons was a messy affair
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2024, 09:02 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Watching it now it seems to be following the source material pretty closely......   The fall of the house of Dragons was a messy affair

You’re on season 2?
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2024, 09:45 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: You’re on season 2?

yeah about 3 or 4 episodes in will try and finish by this weekend
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2024, 05:42 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Disclaimer: House of the Dragon season 2 stinks.

Trying my first go ‘round with Better Call Saul and it has me hooked. On season 3.

Also watched Charlie Hustle & The Matter of Pete Rose doc on HBO Max in one day, it’s worth a watch. Especially for the Cincinnatians.

I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt because of the writer's strikes and all that, but yeah, I actually threw my hands in the air at the end of the finale
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2024, 02:39 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: yeah about 3 or 4 episodes in will try and finish by this weekend

Well, the only way out is through at that point.

(08-07-2024, 02:58 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt because of the writer's strikes and all that, but yeah, I actually threw my hands in the air at the end of the finale

I read somewhere the writers strike didn’t affect HOTD. Not sure how accurate that info was.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2024, 03:05 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Well, the only way out is through at that point.

I read somewhere the writers strike didn’t affect HOTD. Not sure how accurate that info was.

Oh shit, it looks like that's right. 

I have no idea how they finished at 8 and thought it was a good idea. Honestly, I thought the finale would have been a decent enough episode 8 of a 10-episode season, but as a finale it was an abomination.
Reply/Quote
For the first time in a long time going back to the Movies tonight for Alien Romulus
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2024, 11:32 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: For the first time in a long time going back to the Movies tonight for Alien Romulus

This was Really good...     Fit into the timeline well and didn't Alienate any of the past lore
Reply/Quote