Poll: Should the FO make a big time trade before the trade deadline this season?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All in mentality
(08-09-2024, 06:00 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Juju is doo-doo.

The Patriots WR depth chart is horrible. And they are eating like 9 million in dead cap just to get juju off of their team. After only one year of a three year deal. If a team with terrible WRs doesn’t want him why in the world would we?

He had 70+ catches and 900+ yards catching balls from Mahomes. As bad as your making him out to be, his worst years are still better than anyone on our team not wr1 or wr2
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2024, 01:25 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I don't think so. A big trade would mean a big contract. We still have some big ones of our own that need to be handled. And we have a boatload of free agents next year. We are going to need those draft picks,  giving up some of our early picks would hurt.

We can tag them and get two years of a championship run with them. And a comp pick. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
There is trust they can find and get production out of young receivers. So I personally wouldn’t be in the market for receiver. There’s just a little more work that could be done. And they don’t seem ready to do it. They may make trades at roster cut. They have before. It won’t be all in but there are some depth issues at LG, LB (what if we lose a starter, or with Wilson battling through things every year), RB (I don’t know why they can’t pry Perine, keep an eye on pass blocking from the RB’s this preseason), and Vet corner (we are hearing more about the two rookies and their starting snaps then we have Hill since training camp started).

They have missed their moment to go all in.

Reply/Quote
The "All-In" move is subjective. I say it's paying the best FA Wide Receiver 1 year 21m guaranteed instead of trading him for high future picks pre-draft.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2024, 08:39 PM)Synric Wrote: The "All-In" move is subjective. I say it's paying the best FA Wide Receiver 1 year 21m guaranteed instead of trading him for high future picks pre-draft.

100%. It’s like some fans want to be “all in”, but only for certain players at a trade value they like (Surtain for a 2nd).

From a roster construction standpoint the bengals are as “all in” as most teams in the nfl. They are a top 5 betting favorite to win a Super Bowl. Their largest weakness on the team is RB, which is the most devalued position in football.

We can complain about LG, but we should be improved and the bengals have been “all-in” on the OL overhaul the last few years.

Safety was an issue that was addressed.

I think a vet CB could be useful, and likely had at not a huge cost. Could be waiting to see what happens with Chase/hendrickson and the remaining cap.
Reply/Quote
I think this roster is set. They brought in depth at DL which could be an area of concern. I think the FO is happy with the current roster to make a SB run. I keep hoping they would keep Tee with another contract, but Iosivas has taken a couple steps forward and they may think Tee is expendable.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2024, 01:25 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I don't think so. A big trade would mean a big contract. We still have some big ones of our own that need to be handled. And we have a boatload of free agents next year. We are going to need those draft picks,  giving up some of our early picks would hurt.

Exactly!  Big trade means big time player with big time salary.  Unless it's someone like Chris Jones it makes zero since.  Our skilled players are really good and we still need to get them secured long term.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't mind a Billy Price type of trade, but there has to be a big thunder storm and a bottle with a lighting rod inside of it ready to go. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I think Burrows contract pluschealth inhibits thinking of big trades right now
Reply/Quote
The Bengals 365/24/7 trying to keep Joey B happy. Keep his window always open. They are conservative. I’ve made this analogy several times. We are like that guy in the poker group folds early and when he has a great hand bets big. Never a big winner but if you looked at his winnings for the year he’s better off than most.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2024, 10:02 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: 100%.  It’s like some fans want to be “all in”, but only for certain players at a trade value they like (Surtain for a 2nd).

From a roster construction standpoint the bengals are as “all in” as most teams in the nfl.  They are a top 5 betting favorite to win a Super Bowl.  Their largest weakness on the team is RB, which is the most devalued position in football.  

We can complain about LG, but we should be improved and the bengals have been “all-in” on the OL overhaul the last few years.

Safety was an issue that was addressed.

I think a vet CB could be useful, and likely had at not a huge cost. Could be waiting to see what happens with Chase/hendrickson and the remaining cap.

CB is possible but I think they will be looking at the RBs on cut day. Samaje Perine is the most common name brought up but a guy like Jeff Wilson from Miami is possible too.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2024, 06:00 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Juju is doo-doo.

The Patriots WR depth chart is horrible. And they are eating like 9 million in dead cap just to get juju off of their team. After only one year of a three year deal. If a team with terrible WRs doesn’t want him why in the world would we?

Juju is running it back with the chiefs. Again, it was a low risk move to bring in a vet.
Reply/Quote
I don't think we need to make an all in move, but we need to add a RB, End and maybe a Nose Tackle if McKinnley cannot go.

Whether that is through a trade or cuts I don't care. Always keep your options open.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2024, 08:24 PM)jj22 Wrote: There is trust they can find and get production out of young receivers. So I personally wouldn’t be in the market for receiver. There’s just a little more work that could be done. And they don’t seem ready to do it. They may make trades at roster cut. They have before. It won’t be all in but there are some depth issues at LG, LB (what if we lose a starter, or with Wilson battling through things every year), RB (I don’t know why they can’t pry Perine, keep an eye on pass blocking from the RB’s this preseason), and Vet corner (we are hearing more about the two rookies and their starting snaps then we have Hill since training camp started).

They have missed their moment to go all in.

LG has Volson, Ford and Kirkland - they are likely happy with those guys.

LB has ADG and Bachie, they really like both. 

"Prying" Perine from Denver would mean trading a draft pick for him.  Why would we ever do that if he is on the chopping block?  Besides his current salary is too high for RB3 IMO, let him get cut and if we want him sign - him to a reasonable deal. 

Hill is likely the starting CB2, not sure how you have missed that?  That means we have DJ Turner backing both boundary spots.

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2024, 05:52 PM)casear2727 Wrote: LG has Volson, Ford and Kirkland - they are likely happy with those guys.

LB has ADG and Bachie, they really like both. 

"Prying" Perine from Denver would mean trading a draft pick for him.  Why would we ever do that if he is on the chopping block?  Besides his current salary is too high for RB3 IMO, let him get cut and if we want him sign - him to a reasonable deal. 

Hill is likely the starting CB2, not sure how you have missed that?  That means we have DJ Turner backing both boundary spots.

Reports on Hill are far better now then they were when this post took place on 8/10 when he was struggling with the transition to CB by all reports. 

I don't want to see ADG or Bachie as starters. Special teams yes.

They have the money to afford Perine in a trade. If only for 1 more year. He brings more to this pass first offense then the other backs on the roster. And Burrow's health is priority. Protecting him for an additional 3m or so should be ok. 

I also hadn't seen Kirkland in action at the time of this post. Ford hasn't impressed.

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2024, 06:01 PM)jj22 Wrote: Reports on Hill are far better now then they were when this post took place on 8/10 when he was struggling with the transition to CB by all reports. 

I don't want to see ADG or Bachie as starters. Special teams yes.

We have the money to afford Perine in a trade. If only for 1 more year. He brings more to the offense then the other backs on the roster. 

LOL, didnt pay attention to the date of your initial comment!

Regardless if we have the cash, I dont see them paying almost $2M more AND giving up a draft pick for Sam to be RB3, which is what he would be with Moss and Brown.

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2024, 06:04 PM)casear2727 Wrote: LOL, didnt pay attention to the date of your initial comment!

Regardless if we have the cash, I dont see them paying almost $2M more AND giving up a draft pick for Sam to be RB3, which is what he would be with Moss and Brown.

I don't see them trading for him either. But if he was cut..... I'd still like to see him back. I think his loss was to the offensive side what losing Bell was to the defense. 

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2024, 06:06 PM)jj22 Wrote: I don't see them trading for him either. But if he was cut..... I'd still like to see him back. I think his loss was to the offensive side what losing Bell was to the defense. 

If he is cut he doesnt get that big salary, I like Sam but I think Bell hurt way more.  We still had Mixon.

Reply/Quote
If Samaje is cut we are the perfect Offense for him to go back to.

I liked what I saw of Trayveon against the Colts though gotta say he wrapped up the last RB spot even if we bring back Samaje.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2024, 06:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: If Samaje is cut we are the perfect Offense for him to go back to.

I liked what I saw of Trayveon against the Colts though gotta say he wrapped up the last RB spot even if we bring back Samaje.

If the Jets cut Israel Abanikanda I may be more on him more than Perine.

Reply/Quote