Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Analysis TB Preseason Game
(08-11-2024, 07:18 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Jenkins when he wasn't double teamed:

Kris looks a lot better here that is for sure. Thanks for the vid Casear. Cool
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2024, 03:45 PM)Joelist Wrote: For what it's worth here is some OL PFF - take it with a grain of salt of course.

OBJr - 81.6
Volson - 80.1
Lee - 80.1
Karras - 76.8
Mims - 69.4
Cappa - 62.8

And somehow.....Carman - 56.8 (same as Trey Hill).

If that's -56.8, i believe it. If it's 56.8, someone was drunk while grading. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2024, 07:24 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: If that's -56.8, i believe it. If it's 56.8, someone was drunk while grading. 

I was using hyphens, somehow that is a positive 56.8.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2024, 07:45 PM)Joelist Wrote: I was using hyphens, somehow that is a positive 56.8.

Then i'm gonna have to go ahead and call BS.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2024, 07:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Kris looks a lot better here that is for sure. Thanks for the vid Casear. Cool

Which is really like saying

“You know, when John Ross isn’t having a ball thrown at him, he looks like a good receiver”
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2024, 07:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Kris looks a lot better here that is for sure. Thanks for the vid Casear. Cool

Have to remember that the DL in our sets has 2 DTs. When one of them is worthless (Zach Carter)it lets the opposing OL roll over to double the other one. I want to see more of Jenkins with someone competent next to him.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2024, 07:56 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Which is really like saying

“You know, when John Ross isn’t having a ball thrown at him, he looks like a good receiver”

No, it really isn't. Just another dumb response from you. Mellow

(08-11-2024, 08:48 PM)Joelist Wrote: Have to remember that the DL in our sets has 2 DTs. When one of them is worthless (Zach Carter)it lets the opposing OL roll over to double the other one. I want to see more of Jenkins with someone competent next to him.

Yes sir. Zach Carter was terrible, seriously think this was his last shot or should of been. I am ready to move on, give Bell a shot next to Jenkins
and see if they both play better.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2024, 09:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No, it really isn't. Just another dumb response from you. Mellow

Yes sir. Zach Carter was terrible, seriously think this was his last shot or should of been. I am ready to move on, give Bell a shot next to Jenkins
and see if they both play better.

What the hell is wrong with Dominique Davis from last preseason. He balled out. I know hes hurt just dont know what his injury is
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2024, 09:51 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Yeah, no. The guys I named were either not playing or done after the first series. He’s clearly better than Pryor, Lassiter, and Jackson who all played abundantly more snaps/or got more targets.

Thanks for being condescending though.

If you're talking about him competing with snaps with those guys, its because Burton is a lock to make the team. He is in no danger of getting cut. You aren't playing guys in preseason because they "are better". 

You're giving snaps to guys like Pryor, Lassiter, etc. because you need to evaluate them. They are in danger of not making the roster. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Poetry in motion.

I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Sooooooooooooooo, anyone else impressed by the pressure Myles Murphy seemed to be constantly generating when he was on the field?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2024, 10:40 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Sooooooooooooooo, anyone else impressed by the pressure Myles Murphy seemed to be constantly generating when he was on the field?

And it looked to me like he was held a lot.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2024, 10:51 AM)Sled21 Wrote: And it looked to me like he was held a lot.

Seriously. Granted, it was only preseason, but if he plays like this in the regular season opposite Hendrickson? Dude. 

Why is my chin so wet? Ninja
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2024, 10:40 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Sooooooooooooooo, anyone else impressed by the pressure Myles Murphy seemed to be constantly generating when he was on the field?

I know of one poster who thinks of Murphy's game as "assberries", but yeah I think that he's making great strides toward commanding more reps this season.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2024, 11:35 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I know of one poster who thinks of Murphy's game as "assberries", but yeah I think that he's making great strides toward commanding more reps this season.

Yup

I've learned thru the years to not get too "geeked" up about preseason games. But his game caught my eye. 
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2024, 11:45 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

That dude was EVERYWHERE.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2024, 11:35 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I know of one poster who thinks of Murphy's game as "assberries", but yeah I think that he's making great strides toward commanding more reps this season.

Why would he call a guy going into his 2nd year in the NFL "assberries"?
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2024, 12:26 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Why would he call a guy going into his 2nd year in the NFL "assberries"?

Overly critical and lacking knowledge....?

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2024, 12:26 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Why would he call a guy going into his 2nd year in the NFL "assberries"?

I don't know, either. I just saw that in another thread yesterday, and other posters were giving him hell over it.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote