Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Daily observations from camp
(08-11-2024, 04:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yep, Murphy looked good again last night. Notbigzo sounds more and more like a dumbass the more he speaks.

[Image: spit-take.gif]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2024, 04:53 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: What i don't get is...he says Murphy--2nd year player--is ass but then tries to say Carmen--a guy who showed without a doubt he's ass--might just be bad due to the system. 

[Image: confused-no.gif]

Look at the tape.

I wanted Carman out before anyone else did. I was the first one on that train. https://www.thebengalsboard.com/thread-30089-post-1237627.html#pid1237627

But I still can’t take from him the fact that he was decent OT at college and then we tried to move him at guard.

On top of that, he wasn’t the worst player @ Buffalo on that playoff game.
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
I can't understand how Carman isn't good. Sometimes he'll dominate someone violently then lose 4 reps in a row. His "stance" was practically standing straight up. Mind boggled
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2024, 04:56 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Look at the tape.

I wanted Carman out before anyone else did. I was the first one on that train. It’s okay to forget things. Just comes with age.

But I still can’t take from him the fact that he was decent OT at college and then we tried to move him at guard.

But why do you dismiss a 2nd year player, regardless of draft position and why does the proven ass get a pass?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2024, 05:02 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: But why do you dismiss a 2nd year player, regardless of draft position and why does the proven ass get a pass?

The proven ass didn’t get a pass. I said he was ass when no one else wanted to admit he was ass.

But just because a player is ass in one position in one system doesn’t mean he can’t be at least serviceable somewhere else.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2024, 05:00 PM)bonesaw Wrote: I can't understand how Carman isn't good.  Sometimes he'll dominate someone violently then lose 4 reps in a row.  His "stance" was practically standing straight up.  Mind boggled

I am not knowledgeable but it sounds like he's got significant physical talent, but does not put the work in or study the game.   Or it may be just that he does not have the bandwidth to understand the game.   I think it's the former.  I think he's lazy and thinks too highly of himself.   He'll have amazing plays like you say, then just get stupid.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2024, 04:57 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote:

Goodberry gets on my nerves. 

Mims didnt have any soft tissue issues in college. He had a freak accident with his ankle. Give me a break. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2024, 05:32 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Goodberry gets on my nerves. 

Mims didnt have any soft tissue issues in college. He had a freak accident with his ankle. Give me a break. 

Soft tissue injuries include the ankle sprain that he suffered in college just as an FYI. It would also include the pulled hamstring he suffered at the combine. 
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2024, 05:07 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: The proven ass didn’t get a pass. I said he was ass when no one else wanted to admit he was ass.

But just because a player is ass in one position in one system doesn’t mean he can’t be at least serviceable  somewhere else.

He's had chances at tackle and he's been bad there like he's been bad everywhere else. After four years is pretty obvious he's just not a good player and it aint happening. 

I don't think you realize how much our OL (Carman especially) benefitted from having that snow in Buffalo. It completely neutralized Buffalo's pass rush. 

It's Murphy's second year. He was drafted late in the first round as a freak athlete project type of pick. He got limited reps last year and is looking to take a leap this year. By all accounts he's had a good camp and a good first preseason game. 

Why are we dogging the dude? Shouldn't we be rooting for him? Just a really weird hill to die on... 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2024, 05:42 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He's had chances at tackle and he's been bad there like he's been bad everywhere else. After four years is pretty obvious he's just not a good player and it aint happening. 

I don't think you realize how much our OL (Carman especially) benefitted from having that snow in Buffalo. It completely neutralized Buffalo's pass rush. 

It's Murphy's second year. He was drafted late in the first round as a freak athlete project type of pick. He got limited reps last year and is looking to take a leap this year. By all accounts he's had a good camp and a good first preseason game. 

Why are we dogging the dude? Shouldn't we be rooting for him? Just a really weird hill to die on... 

People like to mention the snow but the snow didn’t seem to slow Hendrickson at all that game.

We can always hope for players to improve and be better. I have in several posts. But sometimes it’s better to ID ass as you see it. And Myles Murphy has shown me some red flags.

I have a knack for these things. Just look at how fast I ided Jackson Carman. I can tell.
Reply/Quote

Winning makes believers of us all

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2024, 06:03 PM)pally Wrote:

Wow. So exciting to hear that about Trent Brown.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2024, 04:56 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Look at the tape.

I wanted Carman out before anyone else did. I was the first one on that train. https://www.thebengalsboard.com/thread-30089-post-1237627.html#pid1237627

So some stuff to unpack here. 

Jackson Carman played OT in college but because of arm length and more importantly leg length keeping the depth of his kick slide on the shallow side he was destined to get kicked inside in the NFL. When Carman got to his first camp he carried over bad habits from college of not staying in shape and not putting the work in the off-season.

As for the Buffalo game I said it before and after the game Carman was perfectly suited to handle the Bills edge CURRENT edge defenders because they were all big power rushers with very little burst or bend. 

Edit: Forgot to add the gap/man scheme is the best suited for Carman where he can use his high end power. It was the zone blocking he struggled with hand placement when he was at Guard.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

That is most positive  I've heard Pollack talk about one of our lineman, wow
Reply/Quote

As much as I have been giving Pollack crap, I still like the guy and love hearing this about Trent Brown. Seeing him up close and personal
is probably and experience. Dude is even bigger than Mims, crazy. He is like a dancing Bear no doubt and is a top swing Tackle in the NFL.

Between TB and Mims I think we will be just fine at RT this year. Better than last year with Jonah for damn sure IMO.
Reply/Quote
<

Winning makes believers of us all

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2024, 05:47 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: People like to mention the snow but the snow didn’t seem to slow Hendrickson at all that game.

We can always hope for players to improve and be better. I have in several posts. But sometimes it’s better to ID ass as you see it. And Myles Murphy has shown me some red flags.

I have a knack for these things. Just look at how fast I ided Jackson Carman. I can tell.

I am sure 99% of the posters on here have already IDed an ass..... Ninja
Reply/Quote
Carman has always been frustrating. He has the tools and flashes at LT - for example he played LT well in all three 2022 playoff games. Then he turns around and has a godawful performance like this - against scrubs.

Murphy started to come on late last season which made sense as he was a raw rookie last season. And he seems to have continued that progress so far in camp and preseason.
Reply/Quote
Coach says Brown is a dancing bear. My concern is how we got an OT this good for 4 million a year. I know he has injury concerns, but so have LTs like Stanley in Baltimore.

I hope he pans out and is a steal. It would great for Mims to be able to watch and learn a lot of his rookie season.
I am so ready for 2024 season. I love pro football and hoping for a great Bengals year. Regardless, always remember it is a game and entertainment. 
Reply/Quote