Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mims injured
(08-12-2024, 07:11 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Who's everybody that didn't like T. Brown?  Or I suppose hyperbole.   :)

Check out the RT is settled thread and get back to me 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2024, 05:35 PM)jj22 Wrote: I hate to joke about injuries (or wish it on others), but it's never the players like Carman that suffer the injuries every year. They seem to stay healthy. 

I'm the one that gets injured from watching all those Carman penalties.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
When was the last preseason when we didn’t break a rookie?
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2024, 08:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Check out the RT is settled thread and get back to me 

A handful of very vocal people is not everybody. Also a thread title doesn't mean everyone.  A lot of posts in that thread related to the topic, if not most I'm too lazy to count, actually argue that it was too early make such a call that Mims is the guy while others from my subjective point of view were neutral on the topic.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2024, 07:08 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I seriously do not look forward to this dumbassery again this season.

That's why God created ignore lists.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2024, 07:08 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I seriously do not look forward to this dumbassery again this season.

I know. I shake my head at some of your posts too.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2024, 09:16 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote:
A handful of very vocal people is not everybody.
Also a thread title doesn't mean everyone.  A lot of posts in that thread related to the topic, if not most I'm too lazy to count, actually argue that it was too early make such a call that Mims is the guy while others from my subjective point of view were neutral on the topic.

At NO time did I suggest everybody didn't like Trent. I merely stated, now everyone loves him again. No need to count. 

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2024, 08:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Check out the RT is settled thread and get back to me 

Yeah, you called it (unfortunately) in that thread: "FWIW, the injury card won't get you too far when advocating for Mims."
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2024, 05:35 PM)jj22 Wrote: I hate to joke about injuries (or wish it on others), but it's never the players like Carman that suffer the injuries every year. They seem to stay healthy. 

Harder to get hurt when you are just playing two hand touch.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2024, 10:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: At NO time did I suggest everybody didn't like Trent. I merely stated, now everyone loves him again. No need to count. 

Sigh okay.  So I respond to your "...and just like that, everybody loves Trent Brown again." post by asking who's everybody that didn't like T. Brown?.  You reply read the RT tread and get back to you and then when I do you backpedal with this.   Maybe you should have responded to my first post to you with the above instead of read the RT thread and get back to you.  Whatever I'm cool with this being the last I say about it. I don't like arguing here and I don't like turning threads off topic into back and forth arguing.  Sorry I even got into it.  

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2024, 10:49 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Sigh okay.  So I respond to your "...and just like that, everybody loves Trent Brown again." post by asking who's everybody that didn't like T. Brown?.  You reply read the RT tread and get back to you and then when I do you backpedal with this.   Maybe you should have responded to my first post to you with the above instead of read the RT thread and get back to you.  Whatever.

Yeah, I blame myself. Thanks for straightening me out. 

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2024, 03:28 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Says who? 

Says the last two decades of bengals track record. Myles Murphy didn’t start over Sam Hubbard or Hendrickson last year, same for Dax at CB the year before that. Trent has been the odds on favorite since the day we signed him. Anyone thinking thinking Mims was starting was taking the long shot.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2024, 03:29 PM)jj22 Wrote: Why? What had he done for you to determine that? By all accounts literally everywhere from everyone following the team after seeing him this offseason/camp it was his spot to lose.

I haven’t heard any coaches say this. Maybe I missed it.

I have seen reports of mims looking good, but from all accounts the RT spot was not Mims to lose.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2024, 08:19 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: I haven’t heard any coaches say this.  Maybe I missed it.

I have seen reports of mims looking good, but from all accounts the RT spot was not Mims to lose.

Well Zac just said he's seen enough of Mims and hasn't ruled him out as the week 1 starter due to this injury. 

You don't bench a mid first round pick at a position of need who is (was) shining and dominating since being drafted. It just doesn't happen. Mims was set to start, and everyone who mentioned him over the last months agreed.

Sure Trent is back in the spotlight, but he's only seeing time with the starters now due to Mims injury. If Mims was healthy, Trent would not be in the lineup with the starters this week. That tells you everything you need to know about who the week 1 starter was set to be. 

Now suddenly Mims is hurt and Brown is healthy enough to practice in team drills .... No coincidence. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2024, 08:08 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Says the last two decades of bengals track record.  Myles Murphy didn’t start over Sam Hubbard or Hendrickson last year, same for Dax at CB the year before that.   Trent has been the odds on favorite since the day we signed him.   Anyone thinking thinking Mims was starting was taking the long shot.

I agree coming into camp, but his play during camp and 1st preseason game plus Brown being sidelined had taking those long shot odds down , now we better hope Brown can stay healthy or we need Mims to be a fast healer. 
Reply/Quote
Mims will be okay.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2024, 08:19 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: I haven’t heard any coaches say this.  Maybe I missed it.

Maybe there hadn't been any "official" word, but it was visually apparent to the rest of us. Besides, until stepping onto the practice field yesterday, what had Trent Brown done thus far to indicate that he would be the starter?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2024, 11:47 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Maybe there hadn't been any "official" word, but it was visually apparent to the rest of us. Besides, until stepping onto the practice field yesterday, what had Trent Brown done thus far to indicate that he would be the starter?

I guess you would say the same thing for Sheldon Rankins, or Vonn bell? The bengals went out and signed these guys to come in and contribute. Outside of burrow and chase (top 5 picks), when is the last time the bengals have brought in a first round pick to REALLY contribute in year one? You could argue Myles Murphy, but he wasn’t brought in to be a starter. I think you have to go back to 2013 with Zeitler.

Mims might have won out the job, that’s possible. But that wasn’t the plan. IMO.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2024, 11:47 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Maybe there hadn't been any "official" word, but it was visually apparent to the rest of us. Besides, until stepping onto the practice field yesterday, what had Trent Brown done thus far to indicate that he would be the starter?

Be a proven 9-year NFL starter with a Pro Bowl to his name and started during a playoff run that culminated in a SB Ring. Also if you put any stock into it, had a 80.2 PFF grade last year and hasn't had a grade below 68.9 since 2016.

His only real problem is durability, but that just means you hope for the best and get a good backup for him. He is and was always going to be the starter as long as he's healthy.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/zac-taylor-offers-noteworthy-trent-brown-take-at-bengals-training-camp/ar-AA1olDYF
Quote:To the outside observer at Cincinnati Bengals training camp, the right tackle battle between veteran  Trent Brown and first-round pick Amarius Mims looks pretty close.

But not everything will be so cut and dry.
Take, for instance, the idea that the veteran Brown getting some preseason snaps matters at all.

Bengals head coach Zac Taylor pushed back against such an idea recently.
"I've got enough game tape to know what type of player he is," Taylor said, according to Geoff Hobson of Bengals.com. "If he doesn't end up playing in a preseason game, that's not the end of the world for me. It's too early to say all that stuff."

[Image: andrew-whitworth-with-a-nice-block-on-aj...-catch.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2024, 11:51 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: I guess you would say the same thing for Sheldon Rankins, or Vonn bell?  The bengals went out and signed these guys to come in and contribute.  Outside of burrow and chase (top 5 picks), when is the last time the bengals have brought in a first round pick to REALLY contribute in year one?  You could argue Myles Murphy, but he wasn’t brought in to be a starter.  I think you have to go back to 2013 with Zeitler.  

Mims might have won out the job, that’s possible.  But that wasn’t the plan.  IMO.

DE wasn't a position of need when we selected Murphy and he didn't shine out the gate. If we selected a DT or SS at 18 that shined, then Rankins and Bell would be in trouble, but those positions are different because there could be a rotation or room for all (rookies and vets) to play significant snaps. So being labeled a 'starter" is just a technicality. 

OT I would argue is a little different of a position given only 1 player plays it at a time, and you really don't want an OT rotation. I agree, when selecting Mims they likely didn't expect him to start, but he certainly locked the position up this offseason thanks to TB missing time. People can say he hasn't faced top AFCN DE's, or any top DE's but when he does no matter this year or next, it'll still be his first time and we'll never know how he would hold up against them until he actually does.

Let's just hope Brown can play up to his NE days. The Oline start Saturday was the best I've seen in a preseason game 1 in a long time. Typically all the upgrade hype ends in a sack the first drive of preseason game 1.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote