Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Daily observations from camp
(08-14-2024, 04:16 PM)PhilHos Wrote: What is with you and "assberries"? Are they, like, your preferred meal du jour or something?

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2024, 04:16 PM)PhilHos Wrote: What is with you and "assberries"? Are they, like, your preferred meal du jour or something?

Can't spell "dingleberries" maybe?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2024, 11:29 AM)3wt Wrote: I've always been a Woodside fan.  Has the fire in his gut and can be pretty accurate.    The TD pass to Burton was a nice ball.   Seemed like his passes fell off though.

If he can be consistent I'd prefer him to Browning.   I doubt he can pull it off but I'll be watching with interest.

I hope Browning heals fast, we showed up big time last year and the team seemed to rally around him, nothing against Woodside but Browning we know we can win with.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2024, 04:46 PM)Whatever Wrote: Can't spell "dingleberries" maybe?

[Image: 635512271002640283-Wallace.jpg]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2024, 04:57 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: [Image: 635512271002640283-Wallace.jpg]

Dingleberry certainly wasn't assberries!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Jeff Gunter retires.

I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2024, 05:22 PM)Synric Wrote: Jeff Gunter retires.

e
too bad, had a nice preseason game,, we really lack depth at DE, im guessing will be looking at the cut wire chose to start of year
Reply/Quote

You’re asking a calico cat helplessly stuck in a purrito whether he eats ass?
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2024, 04:56 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I hope Browning heals fast, we showed up big time last year and the team seemed to rally around him, nothing against Woodside but Browning we know we can win with.
if the preseason game last week was not a fluke..then Woodside is the better quarterback..totally  different team when he was in..I think we will see more of him this week
Reply/Quote

Kind of weird timing right before the season and all with Gunter getting at least half a Sack and looking good.

Wish him the best, man we need an End for sure now. I liked Gunter, damn.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2024, 07:07 PM)ERIC1 Wrote: if the preseason game last week was not a fluke..then Woodside is the better quarterback..totally  different team when he was in

Woodside is going to have to play like that or better for the rest of the Preseason to prove it isn't a fluke. Browning has played well against 
NFL starters. Don't get me wrong, I liked what I saw of Woodside but one quarter in a Preseason game against 3rd and 4th stringers doesn't
tell you much. When a backup QB comes in and leads your team to a 4-3 record in the regular season that tells you something.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2024, 07:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Kind of weird timing right before the season and all with Gunter getting at least half a Sack and looking good.

Wish him the best, man we need an End for sure now. I liked Gunter, damn.

Crazy he is 25 and willing to walk away from a job playing a game that would be paying him almost $1,000,000 for one year of work.

Strange that’s the second DE recently drafted by us to retire at a young age.
Reply/Quote
Hate to hear. Gunter seemed like he was coming along. Opens up a spot for a 5th DT.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
This is a strange decision. I can only speculate it is mental or issues with his family. He had one of the better games for our back up DE group.

I wish him well; I am sure not easy to walk away from 1 million dollars.
I am so ready for 2024 season. I love pro football and hoping for a great Bengals year. Regardless, always remember it is a game and entertainment. 
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2024, 07:38 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Crazy he is 25 and willing to walk away from a job playing a game that would be paying him almost $1,000,000 for one year of work.

Strange that’s the second DE recently drafted by us to retire at a young age.

He has a degree in economics. Maybe he was content with his ~$1.6M from his rookie contract and decided the wear and tear wasn’t worth it? Not a bad move for a seventh rounder on a one year contract. Just move into the workforce and save your body. Just my guess.
Reply/Quote

How many years until he' eligible for Canton?

Joking aside; I wish dude the best
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2024, 07:33 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Anyone concerned that Browning was assberries Saturday?

I expected more after he balled out as a starter. What happened? Are my expectations too high?

When looking at pre season QB's you have to realize they are not playing with the ones. What looks like ass QG play is often due to other players not being in position. That's why in years past when everyone said he was horrible, I always said I wanted to see what he could do with the ones.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2024, 11:29 AM)3wt Wrote: I've always been a Woodside fan.  Has the fire in his gut and can be pretty accurate.    The TD pass to Burton was a nice ball.   Seemed like his passes fell off though.

If he can be consistent I'd prefer him to Browning.   I doubt he can pull it off but I'll be watching with interest.

I like Woodside so don't get me wrong. He played at Anderson County  KY (where my kids went to school) and then at Frankfort HS, so I've been watching him since his High School days. But anyone that thinks he's as good as Browning simply isn't paying attention. He had some nice passes Saturday..... against 3's and 4's and never will bes..... his touchdown pass to Burton was a nice pass, but is was a throw any NFL QB could make. Burton plain humiliated that defender with his first move.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2024, 10:39 AM)Sled21 Wrote: When looking at pre season QB's you have to realize they are not playing with the ones. What looks like ass QG play is often due to other players not being in position. That's why in years past when everyone said he was horrible, I always said I wanted to see what he could do with the ones.

That's fair.
Reply/Quote
Sounds like a rough day of practice.

Notes from practice

Two #Bengals carted off wet field in air casts — Chris Evans and D’Ante Smith

Tee Higgins 4 drops. Tons off other drops.

Burrow picked off 3 times

Charlie Jones participated in indys, STs

Cody Ford replaced Trent Brown at RT midway thru

——

#Bears-Bengals joint practice is over. It POURED at times.

#Bengals suffered two bad injuries that were tough to see. RB Chris Evans and OT D’Ante Smith both needed aircasts and were carted off.

I watched Burrow vs Bears and the D won the day. Nothing happening downfield as the Bears’ secondary had things shut down. Jaylon Johnson was especially impressive and Kevin Byard had an awesome diving interception. CIN did pop a couple decent runs.

@NicholasMoreano
has you covered on Caleb vs the Bengals.

___

#Bears practice is over. Looked like 2 serious injuries for the #Bengals. OT D’Ante Smith and RB Chris Evans required air casts for leg injuries and were carted off. Uncertain if wet conditions contributed to injuries.

—-
Bears and Bengals have completed their practice after two-plus hours in the rain. Cincinnati lost RB Chris Evans and OT D’Ante Smith to apparent serious leg injuries, as both were carted off. It was spirited action, though without any fights.
4:14 PM · Aug 15, 2024
·
Views
Reply/Quote