Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeff Gunter retires at 25
https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/cincinnati-bengals-defensive-end-jeff-gunter-is-retiring-01j598jmwgtf
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2024, 10:39 PM)Tony Wrote: https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/cincinnati-bengals-defensive-end-jeff-gunter-is-retiring-01j598jmwgtf

Well that's one way to sort out the depth chart
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Retired from what?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2024, 10:53 PM)jason Wrote: Retired from what?

Practice Squad...

He did have a good game last Saturday
Reply/Quote
He retires tied with me on the Bengals all-time sack leader list
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2024, 12:56 AM)bfine32 Wrote: He retires tied with me on the Bengals all-time sack leader list

I thought you played X-wide receiver?  Ninja
Reply/Quote
Saw a lot of articles mentioning his retirement, but none listing a reason for him doing so. He was scheduled to make $915,000 this season, so he really must want to be done with football. Best of luck to him in his future endeavors.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2024, 08:58 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: Saw a lot of articles mentioning his retirement, but none listing a reason for him doing so.  He was scheduled to make $915,000 this season, so he really must want to be done with football.  Best of luck to him in his future endeavors.

Perhaps he's a member on here and saw the Obscure Bengals thread, and decided to take his shot at getting listed?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2024, 09:37 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Perhaps he's a member on here and saw the Obscure Bengals thread, and decided to take his shot at getting listed?

Could be, it is all about the campaigning these days.  
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2024, 12:58 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I thought you played X-wide receiver?  Ninja

Tied for career catches too.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2024, 08:58 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: Saw a lot of articles mentioning his retirement, but none listing a reason for him doing so.  He was scheduled to make $915,000 this season, so he really must want to be done with football.  Best of luck to him in his future endeavors.

Yeah, I'd probably wait until after getting that to retire myself.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2024, 11:51 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Yeah, I'd probably wait until after getting that to retire myself.

Yep, I'd be cashing checks until they physically removed me from the building.  
Reply/Quote

That's only if he makes the 53 man roster.  If he is cut and signed to the practice squad, he would make far less.  Practice squad players only make $12,500 per week which ends up being $225,000 for the season.  If he has accrued more than 2 NFL seasons he would make more per week but in order to accrue an NFL season a player needs to be on the 53 man roster for at least 6 games a season.  You also get credit for being on injured reserve or the PUP list. 
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2024, 02:13 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: That's only if he makes the 53 man roster.  If he is cut and signed to the practice squad, he would make far less.  Practice squad players only make $12,500 per week which ends up being $225,000 for the season.  If he has accrued more than 2 NFL seasons he would make more per week but in order to accrue an NFL season a player needs to be on the 53 man roster for at least 6 games a season.  You also get credit for being on injured reserve or the PUP list. 

I'd quit my job right now if the Bengals offered me $225,000 for showing up to practice every week of the NFL season.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Dude had a chance to actually make the roster with how good he was playing and all the circumstances surrounding which is why
this was a truly perplexing decision. He must of got a concussion or something, doesn't make any sense unless it was about safety.
Reply/Quote

Winning makes believers of us all

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2024, 03:42 PM)pally Wrote:

Somebody on this board told me this guy was outplaying and pushing Ossai off the roster just last week... 

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2024, 12:56 AM)bfine32 Wrote: He retires tied with me on the Bengals all-time sack leader list

On Madden  Tongue

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ3nEZfTbLF-r6XSFuz-Vl...AL04rR7A&s]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I retired from Burger King at an even younger age, about 18 if memory serves me right.  OK, TECHNICALLY I just told some stupid broad to stick her stupid ass job of 8 hours a week up her ass, but for argument sake we'll call it retirement. I got my $25 retirement bonus (or shitty minimum wage paycheck) and never looked back!   Hilarious
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote