Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Preseason GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Bears***
(08-17-2024, 04:33 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: Yeah, Maema Njongmeta is one of my pre-season favorites right now. I know that doesn't always translate into the regular season but seeing him play does capture the imagination.  

All over the place again is he? Yes, I like this guy.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2024, 04:33 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: Our you kidding, Caleb was terrible in 1st half.

Then why is our 2nd and 3rd playing so poorly now, against their 2 and 3’s. 

Our 2's havent played hardly at all in the 2nd half.  Keep up Tim.  You are sh!tting the bed on your preseason game takes.  

Reply/Quote
The weakest part of this team continues to be defense, that will determine if we make the playoffs.
The offense will score 20 to 25 points a game, except against Ravens and Browns.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2024, 04:34 PM)casear2727 Wrote: A stumble is not a PI.  This is the only take I have disagreed with you on, some of these takes by others are embarrassingly bad. 

Like I said, live it sure looked like contact by newton with his hand prior to the stumble. The view I’m thinking of was from the right side of the field looking towards the play.

Regardless, he got beat on the play and for 3 other big plays.

Newton is the 5th corner and a rookie so it’s not a huge deal. He’s looked good for the most part this preseason and in camp. Setbacks are great learning opportunities.

Overall how could you not come away impressed with our backups playing the whole 1st half against the bears starters and only giving up 10 points?

The second half teaches us fans nothing as we are looking at a lot of players that won’t make the team.

Punter looked good and special teams. Woodside is a practice squad candidate at best. These games are great to learn about who is going to make/not make the team but that’s it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2024, 04:37 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Our 2's havent played hardly at all in the 2nd half.  Keep up Tim.  You are sh!tting the bed on your preseason game takes.  

Some of these guys are going to have to make the team to fill out the roster, and I am not impressed.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2024, 04:40 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: The weakest part of this team continues to be defense, that will determine if we make the playoffs.
The offense will score 20 to 25 points a game, except against Ravens and Browns.

The defense can only get better.... we were one of the worst in the NFL last season.

Reply/Quote
Coaches getting to assess a lot of the punting situation this game. So that another positive I guess.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2024, 04:42 PM)casear2727 Wrote: The defense can only get better.... we were one of the worst in the NFL last season.

2 preseason games and I see nothing different.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2024, 04:40 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: The weakest part of this team continues to be defense, that will determine if we make the playoffs.

They should be scoring 30 plus a game. We should be shocked and praise the other teams defense if we only score 20-25 points a game.

Reply/Quote
Bears out playing us in just about every position.. (starting watching 2qtr 2:00 on)
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2024, 04:43 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: 2 preseason games and I see nothing different.

Potential Special Teamers, Practice Squad, future Insurance salesmen have been the personnel on defense this 2nd half.

No worries about it today.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2024, 04:42 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: Some of these guys are going to have to make the team to fill out the roster, and I am not impressed.

Tim you are not that great of a football analyst so I guess it doesnt matter if you are impressed.

Only 53 will make it, you didn't see over half of them. Of those we did see:

Lee and Kirkland looked good on the oline.
All and McLachlan had nice catches.
Burton looked good on returns and had a big catch.
Cedric Johnson looked good.
Jenkins had a sack
Meta is a human hit stick
Newton made some good plays.

2nd team defense had multiple 3 and outs vs Bears #1 offensive unit.

A knowledgable observer could see many bright spots today.

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2024, 04:43 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: 2 preseason games and I see nothing different.

Im not surprised.

Reply/Quote
Well, it started good anyway.
Reply/Quote
I haven’t heard anything about any injuries this game. That is huge. That’s the most important part of pre-season games. Some would say it’s the only important part.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2024, 04:19 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: Because preseason is a precursor to how the season is going to start out. 

No, it isn't. Preseason means squat for the entrenched vets. However, it is a good way of getting looks against pro caliber players when assessing young talent. 
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2024, 04:44 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: They should be scoring 30 plus a game. We should be shocked and praise the other teams defense if we only score 20-25 points a game.

How many times did we score 30 more, not that many over  the years. Especially against AFC north division rivals, hardly ever. 
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2024, 04:49 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I haven’t heard anything about any injuries this game. That is huge. That’s the most important part of pre-season games. Some would say it’s the only important part.

Burton looked to have a back thing on a punt return, he never went back in afterwards....

Reply/Quote
Looks like Jaxson may have leap-frogged Jackson as out #2 LT
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
The 2nd half has been bad, but I will add that the Bears were forced to play their #1s way too long AND this is the 3rd PS game for the Bears.

We need ONE guy per position group to be promising for us to have quality depth.

Reply/Quote