Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Preseason GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Bears***
(08-17-2024, 04:47 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Tim you are not that great of a football analyst so I guess it doesnt matter if you are impressed.

Only 53 will make it, you didn't see over half of them. Of those we did see:

Lee and Kirkland looked good on the oline.
All and McLachlan had nice catches.
Burton looked good on returns and had a big catch.
Cedric Johnson looked good.
Jenkins had a sack
Meta is a human hit stick
Newton made some good plays.

2nd team defense had multiple 3 and outs vs Bears #1 offensive unit.

A knowledgable observer could see many bright spots today.

Nice, that is a lot of good things for a Preseason game. That is all I wanted to hear. Really liking the Matt Lee pick.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2024, 04:43 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: 2 preseason games and I see nothing different.

You have to be a troll.  There's no way anyone serious could have these kind of takes regarding a game like this..
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2024, 04:50 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: How many times did we score 30 more, not that many over  the years. Especially against AFC north division rivals, hardly ever. 

That's because those teams have good defenses. So I exaggerated a bit by saying 30 - but with this much talent we really should be putting up a lot of freaking points. We should go into every game expecting at least 24 against good D's and we should be smoking the other teams that don't have good D's. 

I want the greatest show on turf man.

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2024, 04:55 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: You have to be a troll.  There's no way anyone serious could have these kind of takes regarding a game like this..

Yep.

(08-17-2024, 04:58 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: That's because those teams have good defenses. So I exaggerated a bit by saying 30 - but with this much talent we really should be putting up a lot of freaking points. We should go into every game expecting at least 24 against good D's and we should be smoking the other teams that don't have good D's. 

I want the greatest show on turf man.

Yes, I think this Offense is going to be silly good this season. Especially if we have any semblance of a running game.
Reply/Quote
I only got to see about 5 game minutes but the score looks like it was an ugly game. I did notice the Bengals had their 3rd string in half way through the 2nd quarter while the Bears 0layed their 1st string the entire first half.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2024, 05:07 PM)Synric Wrote: I only got to see about 5 game minutes but the score looks like it was an ugly game. I did notice the Bengals had their 3rd string in half way through the 2nd quarter while the Bears 0layed their 1st string the entire first half.

I don't think any of the starters on offense played (or not that I noticed).
I think only a couple of the starting defense played just for a series or two.

But the backups played mostly terrible from the parts of the game I watched.
Receivers were getting the ball mostly on short routes.
Woodside had some unblocked defenders lighting him up a couple times.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2024, 05:43 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't think any of the starters on offense played (or not that I noticed).

The thing you have to remember is that if backups have to play, they are playing with 9 or 10 starters instead of zero.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I remember years ago Dallas lost all 4 preseason games..... and went on to win the Super Bowl that season. It just doesn't matter. It's practice for who will be 3rd string & 2nd string roll players.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2024, 06:04 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I remember years ago Dallas lost all 4 preseason games..... and went on to win the Super Bowl that season. It just doesn't matter. It's practice for who will be 3rd string & 2nd string roll players.

Yep, in 2017 the Browns were undefeated in the preseason, 4-0.  They won ZERO games that regular season, 0-16.

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2024, 04:47 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Tim you are not that great of a football analyst so I guess it doesnt matter if you are impressed.

Only 53 will make it, you didn't see over half of them. Of those we did see:

Lee and Kirkland looked good on the oline.
All and McLachlan had nice catches.
Burton looked good on returns and had a big catch.
Cedric Johnson looked good.
Jenkins had a sack
Meta is a human hit stick
Newton made some good plays.

2nd team defense had multiple 3 and outs vs Bears #1 offensive unit.

A knowledgable observer could see many bright spots today.

Newton had a bad game, beat on deep pass had penalty, and gave up a long one but had ok coverage, totally burned in end zone for TD.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2024, 05:43 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't think any of the starters on offense played (or not that I noticed).

The 1st Qtr the 2nd teamers played extremely well on both sides of the ball.  Offense moved the ball but had penalty killing drives and the defense had multiple 3 and outs.

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2024, 06:08 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Newton had a bad game, beat on deep pass had penalty, and gave up a long one but had ok coverage, totally burned in end zone for TD.

And Gunter is going to push Ossai off of the roster...   Newton gained a ton of experience playing against likely a top 3 WR core.  His penalty was garbage, bringing this up is a reason for lost credibility.  The long pass was good coverage but a better pass & catch, that was perfection.  I wasnt a big fan of the pick due to his multiple years in college and final subpar season, but he is easily our CB5.  Cant wait for your next great take. 

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2024, 04:11 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: We are not the Patriots of Tom Brandy days, and we are not going 17-0.  We will be lucky to go 10-7. 

Who the f*** is Tom Brandy??? You do know, non of our starters played?? Chicago did.. Get a clue
Reply/Quote
Starting CB battle between Turner and Hill.

Otherwise.

WE WERE EVALUATING 3rd STRING PLAYERS!

Geeazalou…
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2024, 04:22 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Did I watch the play?  Anyone that thinks this is a "blatant PI",  "pulling a receiver down", needs to pick another sport to be a fan of.... LOL

Not even close to a PI
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2024, 06:44 PM)casear2727 Wrote: And Gunter is going to push Ossai off of the roster...   Newton gained a ton of experience playing against likely a top 3 WR core.  His penalty was garbage, bringing this up is a reason for lost credibility.  The long pass was good coverage but a better pass & catch, that was perfection.  I wasnt a big fan of the pick due to his multiple years in college and final subpar season, but he is easily our CB5.  Cant wait for your next great take. 

it was not garbage, he pulled at him and soon as the play was done he knew it and did the my bad... and he was burned bad in end zone .. at worst he had a sub par game.. but he is young and has shown some brights spots also, he will make the team hopefully bounces back next week.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2024, 06:04 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I remember years ago Dallas lost all 4 preseason games..... and went on to win the Super Bowl that season. It just doesn't matter. It's practice for who will be 3rd string & 2nd string roll players.

Yes. A bunch of us have said this. We're not going to change the mind of people who want to see doom and gloom over a preseason game.
Reply/Quote
I liked what I saw. Kirkland would look just like Whit if he was wearing 77 with the way he is built, barrel chest with long legs. . Lee looked amazing for being a 7th round rookie. Burton showed some return ability. 2nd string D doing well against 1st string O. 2nd string O looking competent against 1st string D with a Kirkland, Gilliam, Lee, Hill, Ford OL. That's a pleasant surprise. Bunch of rookies looking good in a game their starters played our backups.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2024, 06:51 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: it was not garbage, he pulled at him and soon as the play was done he knew it and did the my bad... and he was burned bad in end zone .. at worst he had a sub par game.. but he is young and has shown some brights spots also, he will make the team hopefully bounces back next week.

Can you provide video evidence of him pulling Scott?  I provided video showing he didnt do anything.  

I dont think he had a great game, but he had some great reps vs a top WR group and #1 draft pick.

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2024, 06:09 PM)casear2727 Wrote: The 1st Qtr the 2nd teamers played extremely well on both sides of the ball.  Offense moved the ball but had penalty killing drives and the defense had multiple 3 and outs.

The first 2 quarters were what I watched and I didn't feel like they moved the ball that well.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote