Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Still Mike Brown ?
(08-16-2024, 03:39 PM)J24 Wrote: As much as I want to blame Mike for the Contract situation of Jammar.

1.) I don't think Mike's opinion carries any weight in the organization anymore.

2.) I think Chase is waiting to see what Cedee Lamb is going to get. It doesn't make any sense that the front office doesn't want to get an extension done.

(08-18-2024, 01:47 PM)J24 Wrote: Bengals are worth 4.6 billion Dollars; they can afford  a Jammar Chase contract! Stop giving excuses to the FO. Especially when they are not making that same excuse themselves.

Just because the franchise is worth $X.XXB does not mean that the Brown/Blackburn family has the liquid cash to fund those type of deals.  We know that the younger members of the family went to great efforts to increase revenue through naming rights deals and other endorsements, but the Cincinnati market is only so large.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2024, 02:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Just because the franchise is worth $X.XXB does not mean that the Brown/Blackburn family has the liquid cash to fund those type of deals.  We know that the younger members of the family went to great efforts to increase revenue through naming rights deals and other endorsements, but the Cincinnati market is only so large.

Every franchise in the NFL sells there naming rights to a company. The ownership didn't sell because they had to; they did it because it was easy money.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2024, 03:03 PM)J24 Wrote: Every franchise in the NFL sells there naming rights to a company. The ownership didn't sell because they had to; they did it because it was easy money.

Okay, so how does that mean that the Brown/Blackburn family has the available cash to fund multiple guaranteed deals?  Just because they are owners of an asset worth "X" amount of dollars does not mean that they have the income streams to compete with the wealthier owners in the league.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2024, 01:08 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Since 1991 when Brown took over to before we drafted Burrow, we did not have a single playoff win.  30 years.  He was without question a Top 3 worst owner in sports for many of those years.  Those that dont believe this are either too young to have known or did not follow very closely and have become more involved since Burrow arrived.  

It was very hard sledding with the bad teams but it was excruciating when we had teams that needed a just a couple of pieces to make serious runs.  Brown owes this fanbase a massive apology.  Thank goodness Katie has taken the reins for the most part. 

Yeah. Anyone trying to defend Brown is a relative or just not very smart. Having others take more control, and more importantly, drafting Burrow has been the difference since '21. Giving credit where it's due, Zac and his staff with the (**** me in the earhole...it drives me nuts when i can't think of a word. completely blank on the phrase they use when talking about the atmosphere around a team...) in combination with Burrow has been championship quality. 

Mike Brown was from the beginning, a bottom of the barrel owner/GM. It's only when he relinquishes control that things improved around here. He gets zero credit from me for taking his grubby mitts off the organization after the decades i was forced to endure with him at the helm.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2024, 01:59 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Again since the terrible 90s, the Bengals compared to majority of AFC teams are just or more competitive.. that simple... and as i pointed out things have been much worse past 25 years for many other teams.. Is he a top owner.. no but we have been better off than a good amount of teams since 2000

"Competitive" is a bullshit catchphrase that losers use when they're not willing to try and make their team championship caliber. 

GTFO here with that shit.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2024, 03:39 PM)J24 Wrote: As much as I want to blame Mike for the Contract situation of Jammar.

1.) I don't think Mike's opinion carries any weight in the organization anymore.

2.) I think Chase is waiting to see what Cedee Lamb is going to get. It doesn't make any sense that the front office doesn't want to get an extension done.

(08-18-2024, 03:52 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yeah. Anyone trying to defend Brown is a relative or just not very smart. Having others take more control, and more importantly, drafting Burrow has been the difference since '21. Giving credit where it's due, Zac and his staff with the (**** me in the earhole...it drives me nuts when i can't think of a word. completely blank on the phrase they use when talking about the atmosphere around a team...) in combination with Burrow has been championship quality. 

Mike Brown was from the beginning, a bottom of the barrel owner/GM. It's only when he relinquishes control that things improved around here. He gets zero credit from me for taking his grubby mitts off the organization after the decades i was forced to endure with him at the helm.

Aura?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2024, 08:12 AM)bengalsboy Wrote: Chase has 2 years left on his deal.A 4th year.And a 5th year option.No reason to extend him now.He signed a contract.Either play.Or stay home,and get a job at McDonalds.Justin Jefferson,who most would agree,is the best wr in the NFL.He did not get a new deal,until,after his 4th season.Why should Chase be any different?

I just think Chase is going to have his best season this season and the price will only go up. That is all. We can extend him now before 
he blows up the league and becomes the #1 WR in the NFL. That is why it is different. At least to me, I don't like that Chase is not practicing
either though and that actually might hurt him as he will need reps before the opener whether he has great chemistry with Burrow or not.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2024, 03:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Okay, so how does that mean that the Brown/Blackburn family has the available cash to fund multiple guaranteed deals?  Just because they are owners of an asset worth "X" amount of dollars does not mean that they have the income streams to compete with the wealthier owners in the league.

404M from the league last year. Don't think they don't have the cash. 

Willingness to cut into their profit...that might be where the reluctance is.

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2024, 03:55 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Aura?

No.  Sad

Reply/Quote
It's like my brain is doing a nascar race around the word to keep me from remembering it.

Reply/Quote
CULTURE!!

**** me...

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2024, 02:44 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Still waiting for your source.

Ever owned a business?

Still waiting on your source. I listed mine, so stop saying you’re still waiting.

Never owned a business but I took classes on owning and operating businesses in college. I also have immediate family and friends that own businesses.

Have you ever owned a business? Please explain the relevance to this question.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2024, 03:59 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: 404M from the league last year. Don't think they don't have the cash. 

Most NFL owners/ownership groups have accumulated their wealth somewhere outside of running an NFL team. The Bengals are like one of the two smallest market teams in the league, the opportunities for outside money just aren't as readily available as they are for larger market teams. Ohio is but a mid sized State, but also likely 65+% of NFL fans in Ohio are Browns fans, they also have Ohio St. to compete with for possible revenue streams. Sure, the naming rights to the stadium to Paycor was a good get, but how do you think money from a company like Skyline Chili compares to what the Atlanta Falcons likely receive from Coca Cola? People can claim "greed" all they want to, but it does nothing to change the competitive opportunities for the Brown/Blackburn family compared to other NFL franchises.

It's simply the nature of small market teams in this day and age. The best comparison might be the Buffalo Bills. The Bills were serious contenders for a while, but after giving Allen his contract, they are seemingly in rebuild mode once again.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2024, 06:26 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Most NFL owners/ownership groups have accumulated their wealth somewhere outside of running an NFL team. The Bengals are like one of the two smallest market teams in the league, the opportunities for outside money just aren't as readily available as they are for larger market teams. Ohio is but a mid sized State, but also likely 65+% of NFL fans in Ohio are Browns fans, they also have Ohio St. to compete with for possible revenue streams. Sure, the naming rights to the stadium to Paycor was a good get, but how do you think money from a company like Skyline Chili compares to what the Atlanta Falcons likely receive from Coca Cola? People can claim "greed" all they want to, but it does nothing to change the competitive opportunities for the Brown/Blackburn family compared to other NFL franchises.

It's simply the nature of small market teams in this day and age. The best comparison might be the Buffalo Bills. The Bills were serious contenders for a while, but after giving Allen his contract, they are seemingly in rebuild mode once again.

Comparitively speaking, sure. I'm just saying, they won't have trouble with escrow on Joe and Ja'Marr's deals. Not that it's even a 'written in stone' thing anyway, as we've seen recently. 

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2024, 06:28 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Comparitively speaking, sure. I'm just saying, they won't have trouble with escrow on Joe and Ja'Marr's deals. Not that it's even a 'written in stone' thing anyway, as we've seen recently. 

Sure, they probably could go "all in" on two, maybe even 3 players. However, it takes 25 to fill a roster and 53 to make a complete team. Money needs to be distributed wisely. Not just in terms of cap, but in terms of team resources when it comes to cash pay out per season. I mean they just gave Joe B. a huge guaranteed deal last year, I'm not sure that they are in position to pay out another mostly guaranteed deal just yet. Small market dynamics matter.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2024, 03:59 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: 404M from the league last year. Don't think they don't have the cash. 

Yeah I was just wondering this. 404 million and the salary cap is 255 was 225 last year? When they got the 404. I think the whole the don't have the cash narrative is over played.  Now I get that's mainly used for the reason they don't like to do large guarantees but I still don't buy it. Need to get Chase his deal done and get him some work before the season gets here. I think Chase will play if it comes down to it but let's not force him to make that decision.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2024, 07:05 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Yeah I was just wondering this. 404 million and the salary cap is 255 was 225 last year? When they got the 404. I think the whole the don't have the cash narrative is over played.  Now I get that's mainly used for the reason they don't like to do large guarantees but I still don't buy it. Need to get Chase his deal done and get him some work before the season gets here. I think Chase will play if it comes down to it but let's not force him to make that decision.

There are a ton of other costs associated with running an NFL franchise than simply "meeting the salary cap"..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2024, 03:52 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yeah. Anyone trying to defend Brown is a relative or just not very smart. Having others take more control, and more importantly, drafting Burrow has been the difference since '21. Giving credit where it's due, Zac and his staff with the (**** me in the earhole...it drives me nuts when i can't think of a word. completely blank on the phrase they use when talking about the atmosphere around a team...) in combination with Burrow has been championship quality. 

I’m glad I wasn’t around and just became a fan with the arrival of Zac
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
We just need to be grateful there's a Salary Cap. Without one of those we'd win 0 games a year
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
The Bengals Operating Income is about 104 million per Forbes. And that is WITH the league money. Remember Burrow agreed to string out his Guarantee with portions coming online at different times. This is why. They'll sign Chase but it will involve some kind of guarantee structure that spreads the payments out.
Reply/Quote