Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Still Mike Brown ?
(08-19-2024, 05:00 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Chase is a very good ballplayer but he isnt a generational talent.  There are several WRs in the NFL right now who are as good as if not better than Chase.

Standalone yes but Burrow & Chase together are #1 duo
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2024, 05:24 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You seriously think Chase isn't a generational talent?

His rookie year, he was top four in receiving yards and third in receiving yards with Burrow not having any time to let him get in and out of his routes. 

So was Justin Jefferson his rookie year of 2020. So was Puka Nacua his rookie year of 2023. 

We can't have 3 "generational" talents in 4 years. That's not how the word generational works.

[Image: andrew-whitworth-with-a-nice-block-on-aj...-catch.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2024, 05:43 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: So was Justin Jefferson his rookie year of 2020. So was Puka Nacua his rookie year of 2023. 

We can't have 3 "generational" talents in 4 years. That's not how the word generational works.

Combine playoffs through first 3 seasons no player ever has more yards catches and td's. Some get 2 of 3 no one beats all 3. That stat right there is generational in itself.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2024, 05:00 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Chase is a very good ballplayer but he isnt a generational talent.  There are several WRs in the NFL right now who are as good as if not better than Chase.

He may not be the absolute top of his position. But I certainly don't think there are several wrs that are better than him. But even if he's not the top he is to us because of his connection with Burrow. He deserves top or close to top pay because he is our true #1 with whom you can surround with draft picks and cheap vets and get by just fine.
Reply/Quote

The WR's you may be thinking of are signed to top salary contracts.  

For you to suggest Chase is good, but not a top talent is total nonsense. 

As already pointed out to you by several people,  Burrow to Chase is one of the best combo's going in NFL, thanks in part to their reps at LSU prior to NFL. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2024, 07:28 PM)kevin Wrote: The WR's you may be thinking of are signed to top salary contracts.  

For you to suggest Chase is good, but not a top talent is total nonsense. 

As already pointed out to you by several people,  Burrow to Chase is one of the best combo's going in NFL, thanks in part to their reps at LSU prior to NFL. 

I think Chase is a great WR but there are a few that are as good as him and better.  He is not a generational talent
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2024, 05:21 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Thumbs up or thumbs down? You think he still has the knowledge of what's going on?

Furthermore, Chad hasn't been on the team in 15 years, but you think he knows what's going on in the front office?  

Even if he has the final say, you think he's going to say no? 

He was against a practice bubble for decades but you think he suddenly came up with the idea that it was a good idea? 

He may still be the GM in name but I'm pretty sure he's a puppet at this point. 

Nevermind.  Of course he's an idiot vegetable.    It's so evident from his interviews.  You would've never known the guy went to Harvard.  

My mistake. Its a real privilege to have your Bengals insider knowledge!  Maybe you could show him a thing or two from those college classes you took. 
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2024, 05:43 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: So was Justin Jefferson his rookie year of 2020. So was Puka Nacua his rookie year of 2023. 

Long way off to claim any current receiver in the NFL is generational
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2024, 09:05 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Nevermind.  Of course he's an idiot vegetable.    It's so evident from his interviews.  You would've never known the guy went to Harvard.  

My mistake. Its a real privilege to have your Bengals insider knowledge!  Maybe you could show him a thing or two from those college classes you took. 

lol.

When someone ignores your points and logic and just makes attempted personal attacks, it tells you a lot.

If that Harvard degree made him so football and business smart, then why were the 90s so pathetic?

You think a man in his 80s suddenly became a genius GM?

Keep ignoring facts and common sense to make personal attacks ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2024, 04:49 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I provided with a link saying that he doesn't travel well or anything anymore but you think an 89 year old still has the energy and mindset to make all the decisions or make the day-to-day decisions but you think an 89-year-old runs a billion dollar organization?

Well, my Grandfather was still getting up at 4:30 AM every day and running the family farm at 89, so yeah, he could be, and he would not be alone. 
Jerry Jones and Robert Kraft jump to mind as owners in their 80's. I'm sure there are others. I'm not saying he hasn't stepped away and is letting his family make more of the day to day decisions, but on big issues like Chase's contract, you better believe he has the say.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2024, 09:00 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I think Chase is a great WR but there are a few that are as good as him and better.  He is not a generational talent

LOL so which is it because a few posts earlier you said this below:

Chase is a very good ballplayer but he isnt a generational talent.  There are several WRs in the NFL right now who are as good as if not better than Chase.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2024, 10:41 AM)higgy100 Wrote: LOL so which is it because a few posts earlier you said this below:

Chase is a very good ballplayer but he isnt a generational talent.  There are several WRs in the NFL right now who are as good as if not better than Chase.

What does it matter? It's true either way.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2024, 10:52 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What does it matter? It's true either way.

LMAO.So words don't matter? Yes, he's good, no he's great, there are several better, no just a few blah blah blah. Lot's of foot in mouth around here but you carry on. Stick to a point and battle it and if you're wrong stand up and admit it.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2024, 09:39 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: lol.

When someone ignores your points and logic and just makes attempted personal attacks, it tells you a lot.

If that Harvard degree made him so football and business smart, then why were the 90s so pathetic?

You think a man in his 80s suddenly became a genius GM?

Keep ignoring facts and common sense to make personal attacks ThumbsUp

We couldn't keep Jesse Bates because we needed money for Tee Higgins. We couldn't extend Tee Higgins cause we need money to extend Ja'Marr. Ja'Marr is standing around cause we can't get a deal done with all the parameters already in place. If Mike Brown isn't in charge, whoever is isn't exactly a genius either.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2024, 11:00 AM)higgy100 Wrote: LMAO.So words don't matter? Yes, he's good, no he's great, there are several better, no just a few blah blah blah. Lot's of foot in mouth around here but you carry on. Stick to a point and battle it and if you're wrong stand up and admit it.

I dont know what it is you cant comprehend.  Chase is a very good/great WR but there are several other WRs in the NFL who are just as good as him and better.  He is NOT a generational talent.   
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2024, 01:42 PM)jason Wrote: We couldn't keep Jesse Bates because we needed money for Tee Higgins. We couldn't extend Tee Higgins cause we need money to extend Ja'Marr. Ja'Marr is standing around cause we can't get a deal done with all the parameters already in place. If Mike Brown isn't in charge, whoever is isn't exactly a genius either.

Yeah, it's got MBs fingerprints all over it.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2024, 02:14 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I dont know what it is you cant comprehend.  Chase is a very good/great WR but there are several other WRs in the NFL who are just as good as him and better.  He is NOT a generational talent.   

LOL. Awe, don't get angry. I'm really sorry but I can't comprehend your waffling. It's like you look outside and say it's sunny/raining, it's cold/hot.Just tell me what you mean.

You say he's "very good" in one post and then he's "great" in another post 5 minutes later.

You then say there are "several" WR's as good or better than 5 minutes later you say just a "few" just as good or better.

If I'm not asking too much I just want to know what you really mean.
Reply/Quote
Who cares if he's generational (I don't think he is, but there's only really 2 generational types that I've seen - Jerry Rice and Randy Moss (hence the term "generational"))

But he is elite - and he will be paid as such.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2024, 08:31 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Well, my Grandfather was still getting up at 4:30 AM every day and running the family farm at 89, so yeah, he could be, and he would not be alone. 
Jerry Jones and Robert Kraft jump to mind as owners in their 80's. I'm sure there are others. I'm not saying he hasn't stepped away and is letting his family make more of the day to day decisions, but on big issues like Chase's contract, you better believe he has the say.

Mike Brown might have the final say but it's basically just a formality.

Mike transferred the decision making to Duke, Troy, and Katie, per his own words:

Quote:[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.72)]“My family now is included in these meetings. I sit there and get told what to do so I guess we’re making progress. I think it’s going well. With Katie, it’s true I’m still around and very happy to be around. I’m privileged to be the age I am, lucky to be doing what I’m doing, I’m aware of all that, I’m grateful…[/color]

[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.72)]…part of getting old is you hand off the ball. And I have people I am handing the ball off to, Katie and Paul and Troy, that’s our team, our administrative team…I think we’re in good hands.[/color]

That was 5 years ago, so you think that, after a Super Bowl appearance and an AFCCG appearance, Mike took more power back?
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2024, 03:23 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Mike Brown might have the final say but it's basically just a formality.

Mike transferred the decision making to Duke, Troy, and Katie, per his own words:

That was 5 years ago, so you think that, after a Super Bowl appearance and an AFCCG appearance, Mike took more power back?

All I'm saying is it's still his team and he has final say in anything he wants final say in. Just because he isn't running the day-to-day stuff anymore does not mean he is not still looking at the big stuff. He may not be the one negotiating, but he is the one that approves or disapproves. 
Reply/Quote