Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Daily observations from camp
(08-19-2024, 07:15 PM)jj22 Wrote: Local medi officially sounded the alarm on Burrow today and it’s not good.

There has been whispers his wrist has digressed with more bad days during camp then good. Sounds like today the alarm went off. Wrenching in pain and or discomfort after every throw. Inability to do more than dump offs. Trying out a glove to assist with loss of grip.

It’s a significant development. More to come I’m sure
I searched WKRC, WCPO, FOX, The Enquirer, and WLW and there's nothing about Burrow digressing or re-injuring his wrist.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Winning makes believers of us all

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2024, 07:30 PM)MTBengalsFan Wrote: I searched WKRC, WCPO, FOX, The Enquirer, and WLW and there's nothing about Burrow digressing or re-injuring his wrist.

Yes I heard about him wearing a glove between team and individual drills but not throwing with it on. I'm calling bullcrap on that one. Thankfully.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2024, 07:15 PM)jj22 Wrote: Local medi officially sounded the alarm on Burrow today and it’s not good.

There has been whispers his wrist has digressed with more bad days during camp then good. Sounds like today the alarm went off. Wrenching in pain and or discomfort after every throw. Inability to do more than dump offs. Trying out a glove to assist with loss of grip.

Can you tell us which media outlets were "sounding the alarm" on Joe's wrist today?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'm not too worried about Burrow and his pre-season/camp woes. People are going to have off days, especially when it's so early in the season. Now, if he's starting to suck during the season, or that there's news about a legit injury then I'll be worried.
Reply/Quote

Well just tell him to stay on topic. 
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2024, 07:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Can you tell us which media outlets were "sounding the alarm" on Joe's wrist today?

Rapien and Pike were just talking about it. Burrow seen clinching his fist a lot.. Putting glove off and on. Can't push the ball downfield. Only 1 pass downfield.. We all been down this road before...

https://youtu.be/YEeNC1cLiVw?si=GzlFSN3ANIf0wAnT
Reply/Quote

(08-19-2024, 08:13 PM)Tony Wrote: Rapien and Pike were just talking about it. Burrow seen clinching his fist a lot.. Putting glove off and on. Can't push the ball downfield. Only 1 pass downfield.. We all been down this road before...

https://youtu.be/YEeNC1cLiVw?si=GzlFSN3ANIf0wAnT

Holy Exaggeration Batman!!!

To clarify both James and Tony said they both feel that Burrow is healthy because if he wasn't he would not be practicing.

Also both Tee and Chase were not out there which takes away the deep ball from the offenses arsenal.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
He’s said himself he has good days and bad and it’s still painful.

I’m not overly concerned about the wrist shattering in to a million pieces I’m worried that his grip isn’t what it was all camp the ball has come out wobbly.

But it’s a minor point for the most part it’s still getting to where it needs to be.

If we get in to week 2/3 and we haven’t see him try to bomb one and it’s all underneath or short passes then I’ll start to be concerned but for now it’s camp he’s working through things let’s not all shit ourselves in panic yet.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2024, 07:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Can you tell us which media outlets were "sounding the alarm" on Joe's wrist today?

Rapien, Mo Egger, and Tony Pike were leading the charge on that one. Mo went in hard about it on the radio today. 

It's all pretty baseless other than Joe throwing some picks at practice. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2024, 08:33 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Rapien, Mo Egger, and Tony Pike were leading the charge on that one. Mo went in hard about it on the radio today. 

It's all pretty baseless other than Joe throwing some picks at practice. 

You see the videos of Burrow grabbing his wrist and messing with it? Can't push the ball downfield... I like how we're ignoring Burrow and training camp past , like we shouldn't be worried at all.. They definitely hid th wrist injury last year too, IDC what they say. Dude gets off the plane wearing a wrist brace, gets in the game and tears that same wrist... The bengaks don't have a good track record with this stuff....
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2024, 08:40 PM)Tony Wrote: You see the videos of Burrow grabbing his wrist and messing with it? Can't push the ball downfield... I like how we're ignoring Burrow and training camp past , like we shouldn't be worried at all.. They definitely hid th wrist injury last year too, IDC what they say. Dude gets off the plane wearing a wrist brace, gets in the game and tears that same wrist... The bengaks don't have a good track record with this stuff....

Nope haven't seen those videos. You mind posting them? 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

Tony and Mo were discussing it in the final camp update segment 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I saw the signature wrist flick on the deep ball to Tee. And that was good to see.

I was fine with the preseason performance and he hates playing in the rain so that was easily excused but they have been beating a slow drum that the wrist isn’t right for awhile now…..

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2024, 09:14 PM)jj22 Wrote: I saw the signature wrist flick on the deep ball to Tee. And that was good to see.

I was fine with the preseason performance and he hates playing in the rain so that was easily excused but they have been beating a slow drum that the wrist isn’t right for awhile now…..

Who? Nobody has been saying the wrist isn't right for awhile now. I know he's not 100% but he seems to be throwing the ball fine 
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2024, 08:40 PM)Tony Wrote: You see the videos of Burrow grabbing his wrist and messing with it? Can't push the ball downfield... I like how we're ignoring Burrow and training camp past , like we shouldn't be worried at all.. They definitely hid th wrist injury last year too, IDC what they say. Dude gets off the plane wearing a wrist brace, gets in the game and tears that same wrist... The bengaks don't have a good track record with this stuff....
What is concerning is continued bad week of practice,  what is the unknown,  if rest of week is subpar might have to start to worry.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2024, 09:35 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: What is concerning is continued bad week of practice,  why is the unknown,  if rest if week is subpar might have to start to worry.

It was raining heavily in Chicago from I understood that's why they had a bad practice. Today the defense won and they have won some days this training camp.
Reply/Quote
I'm going to fall on the "don't feel too great about this" side with Burrow's wrist. No I didn't see him grabbing it and no, I'm not certain it's the cause of his recent troubles in practices.

What I do know is that he's awful at self-care when there's football to be played. I remember him being fine vs Cleveland in the opener last year right up until he obviously wasn't. Then it was Milli Vanilli blame it on the rain time, just like with the Chicago joint practices. Then it could no longer be disputed that he was playing injured when he probably should have been sitting.

I appreciate the toughness and grit, but he's the most important player on this team. Hell, he's the most important athlete in this city since Pete Rose. I hope I'm wrong and that it's all overreaction. I just don't like the history with these kinds of things. It's getting tough to ignore even minor bumps and bruises with him.

If it needs rest, then rest it. Reps in August are great, but we need the franchise qb on the field in September, even at the cost of some camp reps.
Reply/Quote
If Burrow is not ready by the 1st game, he needs to sit. We dont need a repeat of last year. He needs to sit until ready and not force anything. If he tries to force it and injures his hand again, that is at least another season gone and maybe part of next season. He needs to sit until he is healthy
Reply/Quote
It’s a night and day difference without Chase and Tee out there. The defense SHOULD be winning these battles against these guys.

Reply/Quote