Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Daily observations from camp
(08-19-2024, 11:16 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Still looking for that video of him favoring that wrist...

This might be what they are referring to. Burrow splays his fingers and looks down at his hand, grabbing his wrist and rotating his hand. When I see that, I read "discomfort". Who knows for sure. 
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2024, 08:13 PM)Tony Wrote: Rapien and Pike were just talking about it. Burrow seen clinching his fist a lot.. Putting glove off and on. Can't push the ball downfield. Only 1 pass downfield.. We all been down this road before...

https://youtu.be/YEeNC1cLiVw?si=GzlFSN3ANIf0wAnT

Thanks for finding and posting. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
According to Ben Baby of ESPN, Joe was wearing the glove between throws because it was a low humidity, windy day. He used to glove to produce a bt of moisture on his hand to help wth grip.

Winning makes believers of us all

Reply/Quote
(08-20-2024, 11:23 AM)jj22 Wrote: Thanks for finding and posting. 

I'm praying this is not happening with JB.  Too much buildup to a injury free season for once and he (team and fans) deserve that. 
Makes sense its humidity and grip but.......??
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2024, 11:49 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: It is hard not to worry. I would have to think coming off his injury we would be seeing alot more rest days if he was having discomfort. 

well like Brown, the track record of Burrow with injuries still does not instill full confidence and last year Burrow seemed to downplay his injury reach resulted in believing he was good enough to go at start of season and we know how that went, so you can't erase history and impact it might have on thinking today.  and when we start to hear people like a Tony Pike talking about it. Hopefully it is nothing and if it is something they (Burrow and Organization) will address it openly together. 
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2024, 11:42 AM)pally Wrote: According to Ben Baby of ESPN, Joe was wearing the glove between throws because it was a low humidity, windy day. He used to glove to produce a bt of moisture on his hand to help wth grip.

I find this odd. I would have guessed a dry hand would help with grip more.

Reply/Quote
(08-20-2024, 12:21 PM)jj22 Wrote: I find this odd. I would have guessed a dry hand would help with grip more.

Definitely not. This is why you used to (still do sometimes) see QBs licking their fingers. It makes the grip "stickier". When your hands are dry, the grip is slick and you can't control the ball very well. 
Reply/Quote
Before everyone gets all hot and bothered, he's done the thing with the glove before he was injured as well. It's nothing new.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Burrow still has to get through falling on the wrist and not injuring himself by trying not to fall on the wrist making a fall all the more awkward and prone to injury.

He also needs to get through the elements. He's never been good in the rain, but will the change of weather (cold) cause pain and tightness? We have a couple more milestones to clear before we can fully relax.

Reply/Quote
(08-20-2024, 12:24 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Definitely not. This is why you used to (still do sometimes) see QBs licking their fingers. It makes the grip "stickier". When your hands are dry, the grip is slick and you can't control the ball very well. 

Ok, my hands be slippery when wet. So I can't speak on it. And I thought Drew Brees said he just did that out of habit. 

Reply/Quote
(08-20-2024, 10:13 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: This might be what they are referring to. Burrow splays his fingers and looks down at his hand, grabbing his wrist and rotating his hand. When I see that, I read "discomfort". Who knows for sure. 

I don't know if I've ever seen two guys reaching and stretching for a story to remain relevant. Yawn
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2024, 12:21 PM)jj22 Wrote: I find this odd. I would have guessed a dry hand would help with grip more.

A someone who has always had dry hands, It definitely does not. I constantly drop everything. 
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2024, 12:46 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't know if I've ever seen two guys reaching and stretching for a story to remain relevant. Yawn

They don't need to reach to be relevant. They are pretty relevant regardless if we like what we hear from their updates or not.

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2024, 05:06 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I didnt see Pryor in the game against the Bears so Im guessing this injury was before the game.  I liked Pryor a couple of years ago but wonder if his time in Cincinnati is about up. 

Last year Wink
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2024, 05:16 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: I am more worried about Brian Callahan being gone and us breaking in a new OC and Zacs play calling then I am about Burrows last injury.

The offense has struggled so far this year, Zac should have had Browning playing great that first preseason game and he looked bad.

If we did not get a flag on Burrows first drive in the preseason game, then that would have been a field goal the problem is bigger than a Burrow issue it is an offense issue. Unlike most I do not see Chase coming back turning things around I still think they will struggle.

1 drive, 1 decisive score, offense looked in sync and great, WITHOUT Chase on the field.

Lay off the Bong
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2024, 01:04 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 1 drive, 1 decisive score

Debatable, shouldn’t have been a flag on the Bucs but the deep ball to Higgins sticks on another day.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2024, 12:24 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Definitely not. This is why you used to (still do sometimes) see QBs licking their fingers. It makes the grip "stickier". When your hands are dry, the grip is slick and you can't control the ball very well. 

Should we look in to hiring hawk tuah?
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2024, 11:42 AM)pally Wrote: According to Ben Baby of ESPN, Joe was wearing the glove between throws because it was a low humidity, windy day. He used to glove to produce a bt of moisture on his hand to help wth grip.

Makes sense. I haven't heard anything about this being as worrisome as some of these posters on here like to make things at times.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2024, 09:57 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: As far as I can tell, Rapien didn't ask about it? 

So, we're literally going to base this speculation purely on Joe looking at his wrist? Like, if you have access to these guys and, like the fans, you're concerned with Burrow's health, why are you not asking him? Why are you just speculating on it?

Like I understand when people in this forum do it. None of us have access to anyone from the team, so all we have are videos and stories and no one to rein in our speculations other than each other and some of us suck at it. 

But, you're a reporter? And you're speculating without ASKING the player? I like Rapien on Locked On Bengals, but I'm kinda disappointed in him if he's the one speculating on the wrist without talking to Burrow before releasing his speculations.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2024, 01:06 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Debatable, shouldn’t have been a flag on the Bucs but the deep ball to Higgins sticks on another day.

Absolutely was a penalty.

The runs were the only thing not outstanding, but holes opened and there was good balance.
Reply/Quote