Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dax Hill moving to CB
(04-30-2024, 12:48 PM)casear2727 Wrote: He was, but there is also a reason he played more snaps at FS last season too. 

Hilton in man coverage beyond 10 yards is worrisome to me.  That said it is impossible to not like Mike.

I disliked him just fine until 2021.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2024, 02:57 PM)jason Wrote: I disliked him just fine until 2021.

Taking him from the Steelers might be the best thing about him.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2024, 09:01 PM)J24 Wrote: Come January if he can stay healthy; Yes I think he will be a top 4 NB. Hell I think he has the ability to be the best NB in the NFL.

I just think we will see a lot of Hilton until his contract is up, but cannot disagree. Dax has the talent to become the best Slot Corner in the NFL.

(04-29-2024, 09:17 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Would love to see him spying on these other AFC North scrambling QBs.
And when he blitzes he gets there in a heart beat.
He is going to be a force.

He is crazy fast and explosive and was a great tackler in college. I think Dax will be a force myself.

(04-29-2024, 10:54 PM)casear2727 Wrote: This not a hot take when it comes to reality.  Hilton is a liability in passing situations.  Fans will hate it but Dax would likely be a great NCB, he was certainly fantastic in college in the box/slot.  Keep preaching Jake.

Hilton is so short he has to rely on fantastic technique and athleticism to make up for his limitations, love the guy but Dax has 
everything to be great and not have any limitations.

(04-30-2024, 12:31 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Usually always agree with you man, but Hilton was much better in coverage last season than you’re giving him credit for.

Yes, he was great in coverage last season, love Mike. He hasn't started falling off yet, don't expect Dax to take his spot completely.

But as far as big TE's and big WR's I think we should use Dax there much more now with Mike's limitations size wise.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2024, 03:18 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Taking him from the Steelers might be the best thing about him.

That and the pick six against Pig Pen!

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

One more game to go (I believe Zac said Dax and Turner are the only starters playing tomorrow against Indy), but you have to think Dax might have CB2 locked up at this point.

Reply/Quote
I think Dax ( know him some as he’s from Oklahoma) was always better suited for corner. Don’t think he wanted to play it But I think it is looking good for him. But let me be clear. The safeties in a reversal are better.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2024, 10:28 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
One more game to go (I believe Zac said Dax and Turner are the only starters playing tomorrow against Indy), but you have to think Dax might have CB2 locked up at this point.

The kid has come a long way. Even if he starts, you have to wonder if when Turner comes in for dime looks if Dax will be matched up on the bigger targets even if they're inside.  
Reply/Quote

I might need a good recipe for Crow sometime this year. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

That would be best-case scenario for the former 1st rounder.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Honestly, DJ Turner being the first outside CB off the bench is a really nice luxury to have. If Dax is solid the secondary could be MUCH improved this year with Stone and Bell/Battle cleaning up the communication in the backend.
Reply/Quote
Going from corner to safety is easier. Dax did the opposite. I was ready to sell on him to salvage some value, but having a capable slot corner in our crowded stable is fine by me. His versatility will come in handy if injuries hit DBs and safeties.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2024, 04:25 PM)Yogo Wrote: Going from corner to safety is easier.  Dax did the opposite.  I was ready to sell on him to salvage some value, but having a capable slot corner in our crowded stable is fine by me.  His versatility will come in handy if injuries hit DBs and safeties.

Are you talking about Dax?

Dax is probably starting at boundary CB, not backing up the slot.

Reply/Quote
I still think he is best suited for NB or SS. With that being said he should be a fine boundary Corner.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2024, 04:55 PM)J24 Wrote: I still think he is best suited for NB or SS. With that being said he should be a fine boundary Corner.

I do not disagree.

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2024, 04:55 PM)J24 Wrote: I still think he is best suited for NB or SS. With that being said he should be a fine boundary Corner.

Same here, but have really liked what I have seen from Dax at boundary Corner for sure. Sounds like he is becoming a leader as well, the mental
part of the game has been the only question with Dax. He has all the physical skills and then some. Dax being able to pick up Corner this quick 
shows he is getting it mentally.
Reply/Quote
I have high hopes for our secondary.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2024, 06:17 PM)Destro Wrote: I have high hopes for our secondary.

They have looked like they have huge chips on their shoulder from last season's disappointment. I know Lou wasn't happy with it and
he is a Secondary Coach first and foremost.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2024, 06:17 PM)Destro Wrote: I have high hopes for our secondary.

Me too. If Bell and Geno can do what Bell and Bates did then they should make things easy on the corners. Really like Hills closing speed for helping in run support and contesting catches. Really excited to see the defense overall. Still a little worried with the loss of Reader but maybe they still add a piece before the season.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2024, 10:05 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Me too. If Bell and Geno can do what Bell and Bates did then they should make things easy on the corners. Really like Hills closing speed for helping in run support and contesting catches. Really excited to see the defense overall. Still a little worried with the loss of Reader but maybe they still add a piece before the season.

I hated losing DJ, he was one of my favorites. I know you can't tell much from pre-season, but it seems to me our defense has been pretty stout against the run so far.
Reply/Quote

It's in his best interest finance-wise to become a successful outside starting CB rather than a NCB or SS.
Those are the two lowest-paid positions among DBs.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote