Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Myles Murphy
(08-21-2024, 10:55 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Gunter picked a bad time to retire.  He played well this preseason and he would have had a chance at getting some snaps.  What's Raymond Johnson III doing this preseason?

So true on Gunter, like I said it must of been about health or something, concussions or something otherwise it made no sense. 

I liked RJIII myself and better than Gunter last Preseason.

(08-22-2024, 08:35 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm sure the coaches will have their eyes peeled for DE's getting cut this week....

Yes, will be interested in who will be out there. I know he is a DT, but Purcell of the Pats just got cut and he makes tons of sense for us 
with McKinnley still a bit hobbled.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2024, 10:55 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Gunter picked a bad time to retire.  He played well this preseason and he would have had a chance at getting some snaps.  What's Raymond Johnson III doing this preseason?

Yea... With Myles Murphy possibly out week 1 and maybe week 2 Bengals don't really have another LDE on the roster. So it's a question who is going to play LDE in the 3rd quarter spelling Sam Hubbard in week 1?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Just saw Purcell is 33 and coming off a bad season, never mind to that...
Reply/Quote
4 to 6 weeks so we definitely have to sign or trade for a 4th DE; preferably one that can play DT as well.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Cant we just slide Ossai in for the meantime? So, Hendrickson, Hubbard, and Ossai getting the main rotational reps?
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2024, 04:39 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Cant we just slide Ossai in for the meantime? So, Hendrickson, Hubbard, and Ossai getting the main rotational reps?

They need another edge with only 3 suiting up; maybe they could play Jenkins on run downs at edge but that seems like a dumb idea.
J24

Reply/Quote
Interesting how quickly DE depth was depleted. I think they need another one too. Hubbard is coming off of injury and who knows if he can handle a full load.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Johnson is probably our 4th DE now and potentially a cast off once cuts start.
Reply/Quote
Johnson gets kept as he is a classic raw prospect with high end physical tools. He needs time to learn but his athletic ability is already there.
Reply/Quote
Payton Turner(saints) for Jackson Carmen makes a ton of success for both teams.
J24

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2024, 06:01 PM)J24 Wrote: Payton Turner(saints) for Jackson Carmen makes a ton of success for both teams.

I like it. Wink
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2024, 06:01 PM)J24 Wrote: Payton Turner(saints) for Jackson Carmen makes a ton of success for both teams.

A change of scenery might be best for both of them.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
The Bears have cut former Bengal Great Khalid Kareem
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2024, 04:53 PM)jj22 Wrote: Interesting how quickly DE depth was depleted. I think they need another one too. Hubbard is coming off of injury and who knows if he can handle a full load.

He can't. It's just a matter of time until he gets injuried again. We better make some moves and add some DEs before it's too late. I'd give Yannick Ngakoue a shot.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2024, 04:47 PM)Bengalion Wrote: He can't. It's just a matter of time until he gets injuried again. We better make some moves and add some DEs before it's too late. I'd give Yannick Ngakoue a shot.
You're hilarious  Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2024, 02:33 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: AMAZING NEWS!

I was thinking "typical Bengals luck" and I was so upset because I couldn't wait to see him get after opposing quarterbacks!

WHO-DEY!

He isn't a starter.He just subs,when someone  needs a break.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2024, 08:05 AM)bengalsboy Wrote: He isn't a starter.He just subs,when someone  needs a break.

Most teams use a rotation of defensive ends to keep the pass rush fresh.

Murphy’s just as important as a starter, especially in a passing league.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2024, 10:25 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Most teams use a rotation of defensive ends to keep the pass rush fresh.

Spot on, the more talent rushing the passer the better.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2024, 10:25 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Most teams use a rotation of defensive ends to keep the pass rush fresh.

I agree there is more rotation on DE lines, especially the Bengals but Hubbard and Hendrickson are still the starters, they play 30% more of the time than any other DE
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2024, 12:20 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I agree there is more rotation on DE lines, especially the Bengals but Hubbard and Hendrickson are still the starters, they play 30% more of the time than any other DE

This should go down a bit if the Ends behind them show promise. I have really high hopes for Murphy and Ossai looks better this year and 
Cedric Johnson shown some good stuff this Preseason. Just keep Trey and Sam fresh and this pass rush should be top 10.
Reply/Quote