Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maema Njongmeta
Dude is a stud. He is making the team for sure. Makes me interested to see what a 4-3 with him, Pratt, and Wilson would look like.
Reply/Quote
I like meta a lot. He is little slow but in the box he is great.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2024, 03:45 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Dude is a stud. He is making the team for sure. Makes me interested to see what a 4-3 with him, Pratt, and Wilson would look like.

I agree during division games and teams that love to run the ball. Think he will fit best in middle with Pratt and Logan on outsides covering TE and such.
Reply/Quote
He was all over the field in the first half and seemingly in on every single play on an assist if not a solo tackle. Then I looked at my Score app and they had him with 2 tackles. Head scratcher there.

Anyone want to help me out with how you pronounce his name LOL

I think we might have to get used to it.
Reply/Quote
He's fine but needs a lot of work.

Great downhill against the run. Terrible at taking angles and in pass pro. He's slow as shit too. I don't think he's a legit NFL starter or anything but could be decent depth.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2024, 08:23 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: He was all over the field in the first half and seemingly in on every single play on an assist if not a solo tackle. Then I looked at my Score app and they had him with 2 tackles. Head scratcher there.

Silent N.    Jong (song with a J) meta
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2024, 08:23 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: He was all over the field in the first half and seemingly in on every single play on an assist if not a solo tackle. Then I looked at my Score app and they had him with 2 tackles. Head scratcher there.

Its like "Moo-ma Jeong-met-ah" . Alot easier than it looks lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
MY-mah n-JONG-meh-tah
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2024, 03:45 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Dude is a stud. He is making the team for sure. Makes me interested to see what a 4-3 with him, Pratt, and Wilson would look like.

It would look like a passing touchdown for the offense.  :)
Reply/Quote

I like Njongmeta a lot as a run stopper, perfect for our AFC North games. He knows how to come down and just stick a RB for a loss.
Reply/Quote

Long-Duk-Dong
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2024, 04:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like Njongmeta a lot as a run stopper, perfect for our AFC North games. He knows how to come down and just stick a RB for a loss.

That's a BINGO - in my best Christoph Waltz impression.

It's waayy early and I try not to get too carried away about rookies in pre-season games, however. He sure seems to have that killer instinct LBers need and a nose for the football.

Ok, so he can't do a backflip over an SUV (one of my favorite quotes from the mothership) but having that football IQ goes a long way for making up for not being the fastest man on the planet.
Reply/Quote
Is there anything less useful than a 4-3 run stuffing LB in todays game?

He'll be a good project and a nice guy to bring some energy when he comes in the game.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2024, 01:27 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Is there anything less useful than a 4-3 run stuffing LB in todays game?

He'll be a good project and a nice guy to bring some energy when he comes in the game.

A $40 million a year WR in a cold windy rainy outdoor AFC North game.
Reply/Quote
Would love to be shocked, but don't see how a <230lb LB that runs a 4.8 is going to hold up in actual NFL games. That's slower than every single RB and every single TE that has run at the combine the last two years.

[Image: andrew-whitworth-with-a-nice-block-on-aj...-catch.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2024, 03:27 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: A $40 million a year WR in a cold windy rainy outdoor AFC North game.

Luckily we don't get too many of those.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2024, 03:39 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Would love to be shocked, but don't see how a <230lb LB that runs a 4.8 is going to hold up in actual NFL games. That's slower than every single RB and every single TE that has run at the combine the last two years.

well play speed is way different than 40 times, i am amazed that especially in todays game where lateral movement and 1st step and read is so important we still seem to put so much weight on 40 times...  pretty simple if he is making that amount of tackles against other 2s ,3s and some 1s in preseason he is out performing them to be in position to make the tackle.. maybe a diamond in the rough but seems like a solid down and distance backup for a rookie not drafted
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2024, 05:27 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: well play speed is way different than 40 times, i am amazed that especially in todays game where lateral movement and 1st step and read is so important we still seem to put so much weight on 40 times...  pretty simple if he is making that amount of tackles against other 2s ,3s and some 1s in preseason he is out performing them to be in position to make the tackle.. maybe a diamond in the rough but seems like a solid down and distance backup for a rookie not drafted

Keeping in mind Wilson was 241 lbs and Pratt was 240 lbs to Njongmeta's 229 lbs....

10-yard split
Pratt: 1.59
Wilson: 1.60
Njongmeta: 1.68

20-yard shuttle
Wilson: 4.27
Pratt: 4.45
Njongmeta: 4.61

I just question if he'll be able to keep up when it's 1s and teams are actually scheming and playing to win. A diamond in the rough means it's still a diamond, so not sure I see that.

[Image: andrew-whitworth-with-a-nice-block-on-aj...-catch.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2024, 04:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like Njongmeta a lot as a run stopper, perfect for our AFC North games. He knows how to come down and just stick a RB for a loss.

Seeing as ADG never really blossomed there i could see Meta taking snaps from him in the 4-3 on 1st and 2nd down
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2024, 03:39 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Would love to be shocked, but don't see how a <230lb LB that runs a 4.8 is going to hold up in actual NFL games. That's slower than every single RB and every single TE that has run at the combine the last two years.

The answer is he’s not

He’s a 2 down player right now and that’s it

But if he has high IQ he’ll be good
-Housh
Reply/Quote