Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
53 man roster projection
(08-26-2024, 12:35 PM)Whatever Wrote: But Pollack wants "Glass Eaters"...

I honestly think it's an overreaction to the failure of Ogbuehi and Fisher, who were both athletic T's.

Maybe I have a completely different interpretation of what Pollack meant by that, but I always took that as someone who was a tough, big, strong SOB that would beat you 1:1. Someone who was going to bully off the LOS and be a force in the run game.

If so, that is NOT what the OL has been in the Taylor era lol.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Glass eater means bully mindset but also means a flat out dawg

Too many finesse ass, soft ass O lineman have come through our doors recently. Mims, OBrown, and TBrown are all “glass eaters”. Dont just wanna win the rep, but they wanna dominate that shit
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2024, 09:15 AM)Synric Wrote: I wonder if DJ Turner, Fig Newton, and Daijahn Anthony all getting snaps in the nickle will make Jalen Davis a little more expendable.

We will see, a lot of depth there as well and Daijahn can play Safety, but Jalen Davis is a good backup Corner who can play both Slot and
boundary Corner if needed.
Reply/Quote
DT Justin Blezack has been waived. He'll always have the memory of forcing a fumble in an NFL game

Winning makes believers of us all

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2024, 12:42 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Just another metric.. i would not put all weight on it... for example Brady I think scored below a 2 , QB is a different position but i read where someone scored a 10 and played 19 games in NFL..  There is a reason many teams every year have draft picks on the Oline that don't work out..  but i agree our record past 10 years has been bad.. probably in top 10.. Tobin should be blamed but also Pollack he should have more influence than others since he has been here.

I was trying to find the tweet yesterday. But it was a significant increase in just offensive linemans career if they had a high RAS score.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2024, 02:44 PM)pally Wrote: DT Justin Blezack has been waived.  He'll always have the memory of forcing a fumble in an NFL game

Thought he had a shot given out thinness along the D-line. Is this the guy who got the strip-sack Thursday Night? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Blazek is a defensive end not tackle. I thought he made some nice plays against the Colts.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2024, 03:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Thought he had a shot given out thinness along the D-line. Is this the guy who got the strip-sack Thursday Night? 

Yes that's him:

https://www.bengals.com/video/justin-blazek-highlights-strip-sack-colts-bengals-preseason-week-3-2024
Reply/Quote
I thought he had a shot at the PS at least.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2024, 04:50 PM)jj22 Wrote: I thought he had a shot at the PS at least.

They may be trying to help him out by releasing him early. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
"My" 53 man roster is set. I'd like to see a 9th OLineman (guard, cut Ford) brought in via waiver, and Perine brought back if released (cut Tanner Hudson to keep 4 TE's and 4 rb's) that's pretty much it.

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2024, 02:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We will see, a lot of depth there as well and Daijahn can play Safety, but Jalen Davis is a good backup Corner who can play both Slot and
boundary Corner if needed.

Davis at boundary is not very good and it could come down to which is better at their secondary position; Davis at boundary vs Newton at slot.

At the end of the day Simmons will have his say and he loves Jalen on special teams.  This will be one of the more interesting cut days.

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2024, 02:44 PM)pally Wrote: DT Justin Blezack has been waived.  He'll always have the memory of forcing a fumble in an NFL game

(08-26-2024, 04:19 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Blazek is a defensive end not tackle.  I thought he made some nice plays against the Colts.

Hopefully we can put Blazek on the Practice Squad, I liked what I saw against the Colts as 007 here says. Nice strip sack and had a lot
of pressures along with Cedric Johnson and some of it was against starters.

(08-26-2024, 05:57 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Davis at boundary is not very good and it could come down to which is better at their secondary position; Davis at boundary vs Newton at slot.

At the end of the day Simmons will have his say and he loves Jalen on special teams.  This will be one of the more interesting cut days.

Yeah, going to be interesting with Daijahn and Jalen Davis. Daijahn had a couple bad penalties in the Colts game.

But you are right Jalen isn't as good at boundary Corner as he is in the Slot and ST's in the end will be the tell all.
Reply/Quote
https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/report-broncos-trying-to-trade-samaje-perine
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2024, 06:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hopefully we can put Blazek on the Practice Squad, I liked what I saw against the Colts as 007 here says. Nice strip sack and had a lot
of pressures along with Cedric Johnson and some of it was against starters.

Yeah, going to be interesting with Daijahn and Jalen Davis. Daijahn had a couple bad penalties in the Colts game.

But you are right Jalen isn't as good at boundary Corner as he is in the Slot and ST's in the end will be the tell all.

Im not as high as some on Daijahn.  I know they like him and I think he may be battling Tycen?    Do we keep 5 safeties?

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2024, 06:28 PM)jj22 Wrote: https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/report-broncos-trying-to-trade-samaje-perine

Everyone knows he will be cut, will be interesting if anyone gives up a draft pick.  Perhaps a potential player swap?

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2024, 06:28 PM)jj22 Wrote:  

I just read this also. Personally, versus a trade and being forced to absorb his 3-million-dollar salary, I hope we wait. I have mentioned Kareem Hunt who played for a little over 1 million in 2023 and a FA.

I like Perine, he played catch with us in the endzone before the Super Bowl game. But I don't like him for 3 million.
I am so ready for 2024 season. I love pro football and hoping for a great Bengals year. Regardless, always remember it is a game and entertainment. 
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2024, 06:44 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I just read this also. Personally, versus a trade and being forced to absorb his 3-million-dollar salary, I hope we wait. I have mentioned Kareem Hunt who played for a little over 1 million in 2023 and a FA.

I like Perine, he played catch with us in the endzone before the Super Bowl game. But I don't like him for 3 million.

Definitely not a fan of giving up a pick and taking on an inflated salary. Would love to have him back for vet minimum and no trade compensation.
Reply/Quote
Perine got a great offer from us. Told Zac he was staying and 30 minutes later called back to say he was leaving. I’m a Sooner and have met him. He lived here until a year ago in the off season. He really liked it in Cincy and Zac. But JMO he’s kinda been in Mixon’s shadow at OU then Cincy. They are enormously different.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote