Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Still Mike Brown ?
(08-24-2024, 02:18 PM)kevin Wrote: and when other WRs sign new contracts across NFL, it might take 200 Million to sign Chase in 2025.  Mike Brown better consider it may very well cost much more to sign Chase later than right now.  Plus what good is paying Hendrickson and everybody and having the team to win in 2024, but no Chase on the field to win.  Mike Brown stepping back into everything on this when most said it was now Katey and others.  Why still Mike Brown.  You younger people don't know, but I've seen Mike Brown really mess this team up a lot since Paul Brown died.  Then Fans scream to fire the head coach, but the real fault lies with Mike Brown in so many of those 4 wins or less seasons. 

This team will be far better with Chase locked in for 6 years, than without Chase.  If Mike Brown doesn't know that, then all I can say is this team runs better when Mike Brown lets the younger members of the Family run things. 

Especially when he has a monster year with a healthy Burrow and the best line that he's had.

We need to sign him now because, yes, he's working out on his own and already has chemistry with Burrow, but he needs to get back just to get everything going smoothly so there's no adjustment time.

Definitely need to bite the bullet here and just pay the man.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2024, 02:27 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Especially when he has a monster year with a healthy Burrow and the best line that he's had.

We need to sign him now because, yes, he's working out on his own and already has chemistry with Burrow, but he needs to get back just to get everything going smoothly so there's no adjustment time.

Definitely need to bite the bullet here and just pay the man.

It honestly is the only shadow over this team right now and waiting like Bfine is saying only kicks the can down the road and the price goes up.

I know Chase still has 2 years on his contract, but as was shown other WR's have been paid this Offseason with 2 years still left on their contracts.

This will most likely will be the year Chase blows up the league as you say with a healthy Burrow and a good OL in front of him. Getter done.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2024, 02:18 PM)kevin Wrote: and when other WRs sign new contracts across NFL, it might take 200 Million to sign Chase in 2025.  Mike Brown better consider it may very well cost much more to sign Chase later than right now.  Plus what good is paying Hendrickson and everybody and having the team to win in 2024, but no Chase on the field to win.  Mike Brown stepping back into everything on this when most said it was now Katey and others.  Why still Mike Brown.  You younger people don't know, but I've seen Mike Brown really mess this team up a lot since Paul Brown died.  Then Fans scream to fire the head coach, but the real fault lies with Mike Brown in so many of those 4 wins or less seasons. 

This team will be far better with Chase locked in for 6 years, than without Chase.  If Mike Brown doesn't know that, then all I can say is this team runs better when Mike Brown lets the younger members of the Family run things. I think they stepped in last Summer as Mike Brown was saying in the press that there were many good reason not to keep and pay Burrow.  

#1.  Mike Brown has been a terrible owner. 

#2.  I doubt that it is all on MB as to why Chase hasn't gotten done yet.

Reply/Quote
(08-24-2024, 02:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It honestly is the only shadow over this team right now and waiting like Bfine is saying only kicks the can down the road and the price goes up.

I know Chase still has 2 years on his contract, but as was shown other WR's have been paid this Offseason with 2 years still left on their contracts.

This will most likely will be the year Chase blows up the league as you say with a healthy Burrow and a good OL in front of him. Getter done.

For the same 4 year contract extension, Chase is already demanding 20 million more than Jefferson.  What would he try to demand next year?  30 million more than Jefferson?  Nobody is going to pay him that and the Bengals dont need to. He still has 2 years left on his contract and the Bengals could easily tag him another 2 years with a 3rd tag a possibility.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2024, 11:16 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: For the same 4 year contract extension, Chase is already demanding 20 million more than Jefferson.  What would he try to demand next year?  30 million more than Jefferson?  Nobody is going to pay him that and the Bengals dont need to. He still has 2 years left on his contract and the Bengals could easily tag him another 2 years with a 3rd tag a possibility.

It's only 20mil more than Jefferson because he has 2 years left in his contract. It would in reality be the same deal Jefferson got on a year average of 32 mil. It's a fair deal just get it done 
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2024, 11:27 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: It's only 20mil more than Jefferson because he has 2 years left in his contract. It would in reality be the same deal Jefferson got on a year average of 32 mil. It's a fair deal just get it done 

Its not the same deal Jefferson got because Jefferson didnt get 20 million added to his 4th year.  You guys need to stop claiming its the same amount of money because its not.   Its a 4 year extension.  Jefferson got 140 million for a 4 year extension.  Chase wants 160 million for a 4 year extension.   You guys sound like his agent trying to justify Chase getting the same 140 million as Jefferson plus an additional 20 million on top of that to put on his 4th year that Jefferson didnt get.

If a free agent elite defensive lineman became available at cutdown time and the Bengals spent 20 million to sign him and didnt have cap space to put Chase's contract extension money on this years cap but instead put it on his 5th year just like Jefferson would you think paying Chase 160 million was a good idea?  If you really put that money on the 5th year like Jefferson and the additional 4 years for the extension, Chase would be paid 36.36 per year which is millions more per year than Jefferson.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2024, 11:54 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Its not the same deal Jefferson got because Jefferson didnt get 20 million added to his 4th year.  You guys need to stop claiming its the same amount of money because its not.   Its a 4 year extension.  Jefferson got 140 million for a 4 year extension.  Chase wants 160 million for a 4 year extension.   You guys sound like his agent trying to justify Chase getting the same 140 million as Jefferson plus an additional 20 million on top of that to put on his 4th year that Jefferson didnt get.

If a free agent elite defensive lineman became available at cutdown time and the Bengals spent 20 million to sign him and didnt have cap space to put Chase's contract extension money on this years cap but instead put it on his 5th year just like Jefferson would you think paying Chase 160 million was a good idea? 

Dude an elite dlineman becomes available the Bengals aren't signing him. Let's not live in a fantasy world where we are gonna over pay other teams. You sound your Mike Browns rep. Jefferson had one year remaining making his 35mil a year contract a 32mil average. Chase has 2 years left making the 40mil a 32mil average. It's the same percentage of the cap that a top wr got in 2011. 

I want it to happen as a fan because I enjoy watching Chase and Burrow play. But it also might force the Bengals to take the steps into the future that they've been dragging they're feet on.
Reply/Quote
It is hilarious we are debating if the Burrow/Chase combo will be together, I thought this convo would happen post a SB win when the real money is at play.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2024, 08:31 PM)kevin Wrote: IF the Bengals lose the home opener to Patriots with no Chase, the demand by fans to Mike Brown to get Chase in there will be louder than standing under a jet taking off. However that may be too late, because Bengals should beat Patriots with new coach and new QB.  If no Chase and they lose that game, and with at Kansas City next, it could be an 0-2 start......Of course I want Bengals to Win and go back to Super Bowl, but they will need Burrow to Chase to do anything like that. 

Chase agents is pretty much asking for what Jefferson gets, and says every other NFL team is willing to pay Chase that right now.  Here's something Mike Brown should consider.  Chase will be more expensive to sign in 2025.  Having both Burrow and Chase locked in for 6 years down the road will actually save Mike Brown money and make Mike Brown money.  

If the Bengals lose to the Patriots, they'll have much bigger problems than a greedy WR on their hands. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2024, 07:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If the Bengals lose to the Patriots, they'll have much bigger problems than a greedy WR on their hands. 

1) chase will eventually get a great contract 2) @ no point this summer has he acted like a greedy player..3 ) he may have well not been practicing because of a minor injury
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2024, 07:37 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: It is hilarious we are debating if the Burrow/Chase combo will be together, I thought this convo would happen post a SB win when the real money is at play.

agreed..
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2024, 07:59 PM)ERIC1 Wrote: 1) chase will eventually get a great contract 2) @ no point this summer has he acted like a greedy player..3 ) he may have well not been practicing because of a minor injury

My point still stands, if the Bengals "need" Chase to be in the game in order to beat a team like the Patriots, then they have much bigger issues on their hands.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2024, 11:54 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Its not the same deal Jefferson got because Jefferson didnt get 20 million added to his 4th year.  You guys need to stop claiming its the same amount of money because its not.   Its a 4 year extension.  Jefferson got 140 million for a 4 year extension.  Chase wants 160 million for a 4 year extension.   You guys sound like his agent trying to justify Chase getting the same 140 million as Jefferson plus an additional 20 million on top of that to put on his 4th year that Jefferson didnt get.

If a free agent elite defensive lineman became available at cutdown time and the Bengals spent 20 million to sign him and didnt have cap space to put Chase's contract extension money on this years cap but instead put it on his 5th year just like Jefferson would you think paying Chase 160 million was a good idea?  If you really put that money on the 5th year like Jefferson and the additional 4 years for the extension, Chase would be paid 36.36 per year which is millions more per year than Jefferson.

Justin Jefferson contract 4 year 140m + 4m final year (estimated couldnt find numbers)+ 21m 5th year option = 5 years 165m 33m AAV. Slightly over 131m guaranteed.

Ja'Marr Chase estimated contract: 4 year 160m + 10m final year (1m salary + 3.8m roster bonus + 4.9m prorated bonus) + 21.8m 5th year option = 6 years 192ish (slightly less) 32m AAV.

As always its the guaranteed money that's probabaly the issue. 120m guaranteed + 22m 5th year option + 4m roster bonus from his final year 146m guaranteed so 75%+ is guaranteed. Orlando Brown has the highest guaranteed contract on the roster at 60%. Joe Burrow's is closer to 50%. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote