Poll: Should the FO make a big time trade before the trade deadline this season?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All in mentality
(08-26-2024, 06:32 PM)casear2727 Wrote: If the Jets cut Israel Abanikanda I may be more on him more than Perine.

I like Izzy myself, younger and more upside that is for sure. Wink
Reply/Quote
IMO Tee and the franchise tag was the "all in" move this last offseason. The Bengals have a system defense eliminating as many weak links as possible, but Hendrickson is the only "star" and the Bengals kinda lucked into that one. The OL is finally in a good spot, although lots of aging starters. We have splash players at the skill positions on offense to where there wasn't always enough ball to go around. If the OL can take the steps forward we expect the playbook should really open up.
Reply/Quote
Posted this before but thought historically they don't make trades before the deadline this could be the year. It's later in the year, giving teams more sellers more time to come to grips with their fate. They usually promote from within with the next man up mentality but if a starter goes down you have to consider trading a mid to late round pick. You don't want a massive weakness to derail your season, especially in a competitive division.
Reply/Quote