Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Will Be Bengals 3rd and Short Power Runner
(08-26-2024, 09:52 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Pretty sure the staff knows what they have in Moss, he started 8 games and played in 14 last season with 183 carries.  They didnt need one series of a preseason game to tell them anything.  As for us fans, pretty sure the staff doesnt care what we know at this juncture.  

Here are his highlights:

(08-26-2024, 11:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice. Zack Moss may only be about 206 pounds or so but he is a little bull. He will run you over and he has great fight in him with
fantastic balance and vision. 2 things we didn't have with Mixon. Plus Moss was the best pass protecting RB last season so he fits
here like a glove. Cool

I just wonder/worry if he'll find that the AFCN is not the AFCS.

He has 11 games/122 carries and 6 TDs at 4.8 YPC against the AFCS.
He has 8 games/83 carries and 0 TDs at 3.4 YPC against the AFCN.

Just can't help but see this RB room the same as I saw this earlier in the offseason. A bottom 10-12 room in the league. (I think I made a list a couple months ago and it was 10.)

[Image: andrew-whitworth-with-a-nice-block-on-aj...-catch.gif]
Reply/Quote
Moss was more of a pass catching RB for Indy. Chase Brown had some good runs when the lanes were open. Talk on here of maybe Broncos cutting Perine. I wouldn't mind seeing him back. He had some power here, not sure what happened in Denver. I still like the Fridge Perry play or at least the Pete Johnson or Kinnebrew play of a Big Back that blocking or no blocking is good for a yard or two. Most of you never saw Larry Czonka, but blocking or no blocking he would barrel for tough yards. I'm not big on Burrow always getting pushed ahead on 3rd and short, that's a good way to injure the star quarterback.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2024, 04:22 AM)kevin Wrote: Moss was more of a pass catching RB for Indy.  

Moss had 183 carries and only 27 receptions.  

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2024, 10:08 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Moss had 183 carries and only 27 receptions.  

Which is about the same exact ratio of his lifetime stats of 484 carries and 75 receptions.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Zach Moss. Final answer.
Reply/Quote
Perine is set to be cut by Denver. Now cut by a team not making roster, he shouldn't be an expensive contract. He knows Bengals playbook. One reason this could happen is both Coach Taylor and kind of a GM Duke Tobin always liked Perine. So if he is out there to be had after preseason cuts, and at a bargain price, Coach Taylor and Tobin always liked this player. Adding him to Moss and Brown could be a good stable of running backs.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2024, 08:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Great point backed up by truth. Man I wanted us to draft Tyjae Spears, damn Titans. Mellow

But I think we will bring in another Back and keep 4 like we usually do. Would be nice to have a punishing, physical RB. Looks like 
Samaje is going to be cut by the Broncos and there should be many other RB's that could help us out. Zack Moss was very good in 
short yardage as well last year and much better than Mixon.

Pretty impressive to put up 838 yards from scrimmage while playing second fiddle to Derrick Henry, who put up 1381 yards from scrimmage.

Will the Titans have as good of a rushing attack now with Henry in BAL and Callahan at the helm in Nashville?
I'm not so sure if it will be as strong, but Spears showed he can carve out a role.
For the Bengals to have gotten him though, they would have had to either taken him in Rd 2 or traded up from 95 to before 81.
That would have meant not getting Battle and possibly someone like Chase Brown or Iosivas.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Real impressive given he's missing an acl (I wondered why he fell in the draft, but then this came out).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I'd imagine Zac calls a pass play in these situations.

Smirk
Reply/Quote
More like Zac calls the run. Burrow checks out of the run for a pass and we blame Zac...

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2024, 03:01 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I just wonder/worry if he'll find that the AFCN is not the AFCS.

He has 11 games/122 carries and 6 TDs at 4.8 YPC against the AFCS.
He has 8 games/83 carries and 0 TDs at 3.4 YPC against the AFCN.

Just can't help but see this RB room the same as I saw this earlier in the offseason. A bottom 10-12 room in the league. (I think I made a list a couple months ago and it was 10.)

Understand the concern, the Colts had a really good OL to run behind last year as well. We will see, hope we are better than that
with Zack Moss and Chase Brown. I am sure we will be much better in pass pro which is a great thing for Burrow and our Offense.

(08-27-2024, 03:07 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Pretty impressive to put up 838 yards from scrimmage while playing second fiddle to Derrick Henry, who put up 1381 yards from scrimmage.

Will the Titans have as good of a rushing attack now with Henry in BAL and Callahan at the helm in Nashville?
I'm not so sure if it will be as strong, but Spears showed he can carve out a role.
For the Bengals to have gotten him though, they would have had to either taken him in Rd 2 or traded up from 95 to before 81.
That would have meant not getting Battle and possibly someone like Chase Brown or Iosivas.

It was impressive. Good point, wouldn't of liked to of lost Battle even if I really liked Spears.
Reply/Quote
BTW, just saw Perine is being linked to them damn Chiefs. Whatever
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2024, 01:09 PM)kevin Wrote: Perine is set to be cut by Denver.  Now cut by a team not making roster, he shouldn't be an expensive contract.  He knows Bengals playbook.  ***

Will come in handy in week 2 when KC plays the Bengals. :)
Reply/Quote
Maybe Drew Sample with be the short-yardage guy with him being in more of a FB role anyway Ninja
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2024, 04:39 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Maybe Drew Sample with be the short-yardage guy with him being in more of a FB role anyway  Ninja

Have we seen any examples of him carrying the ball between the tackles? I could see him involved in short yardage, as a lead blocker from the H-back spot.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote