Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
53 man roster projection
I would pump the breaks on Perine unless your cutting Traveon. This roster doesn't need a 4th rb. Keeps a roster spot open for better depth at a premium position.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2024, 07:21 PM)BengalBob Wrote: I would pump the breaks on Perine unless your cutting Traveon.  This roster doesn't need a 4th rb.  Keeps a roster spot open for better depth at a premium position.

We usually keep 4 RB's. We should keep Trayveon just for his ST's alone, let alone he is solid in pass pro and fits the Offense and just 
had a good game against the Colts. Perine should be in our thoughts along with other RB's. The one thing holding us back in the Burrow
era is we haven't had a reliable running game. If we can get one our Offense could be unstoppable with Burrow and all our weapons.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2024, 08:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We usually keep 4 RB's. We should keep Trayveon just for his ST's alone, let alone he is solid in pass pro and fits the Offense and just 
had a good game against the Colts. Perine should be in our thoughts along with other RB's. The one thing holding us back in the Burrow
era is we haven't had a reliable running game. If we can get one our Offense could be unstoppable with Burrow and all our weapons.

The new kickoff looks like it's gonna have two returners with 1 being more of a fullback role that blocks down hill fot the main returner but can return if it's kicked in their direction. Treyvwon Williams is the best guy on the roster for that role right now. I don't know if Perine could do it.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2024, 09:43 PM)Synric Wrote: The new kickoff looks like it's gonna have two returners with 1 being more of a fullback role that blocks down hill fot the main returner but can return if it's kicked in their direction. Treyvwon Williams is the best guy on the roster for that role right now. I don't know if Perine could do it.

Yes and Trayveon made a beautiful block on Charlie Jones big return against the Colts.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2024, 09:42 PM)jj22 Wrote:

Damn Titans, took Chido and now could take Samaje. Whatever
Reply/Quote
overpaying for samaje for this year isnt a bad idea. That RB room isnt good imo, and samaje has knowledge of the offense

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2024, 10:12 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: That RB room isnt good imo

We not going to let these 2 guys play a game before making these kinds of statements?

Perine is likely better than Williams at RB3 but he isnt nearly as good at returner.  These decisions are based upon multiple factors.

Reply/Quote
I would pass on Perine also, he's not as good as when he left here makes too much to be a rotational back. I would look for the bengals to go this route regarding our RB situation:

1) Zack Moss
2) Chase Brown
3) Treyvion Williams
4) waiver wire pickup on the practice squad who according to our opponent will be elevated on game days.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2024, 12:59 PM)Housh Wrote: Glass eater means bully mindset but also means a flat out dawg

Too many finesse ass, soft ass O lineman have come through our doors recently. Mims,  OBrown, and TBrown are all “glass eaters”. Dont just wanna win the rep, but they wanna dominate that shit

Orlando Brown definitely, I'm not sure on Trent Brown yet because I haven't really watched him but Mims well not really... One of his big knocks and it showed up in the pre-season opener was run blocking. When people mention he needs work technically on his run blocking one of the major things is continuing to drive his feet and maintain the block through the whistle. Watching Mims run block it feels like he has a timer in his head and when it hits whatever he stops his feet and let's go of the block.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2024, 10:39 PM)Synric Wrote: Orlando Brown definitely, I'm not sure on Trent Brown yet because I haven't really watched him but Mims well not really... One of his big knocks and it showed up in the pre-season opener was run blocking. When people mention he needs work technically on his run blocking one of the major things is continuing to drive his feet and maintain the block through the whistle. Watching Mims run block it feels like he has a timer in his head and when it hits whatever he stops his feet and let's go of the block.

One of the things Mims doesn't look great on. Thanks for pointing it out Synric as sometimes I get a little too over the top on the guy.

He has some things to work on. Playing through the whistle is one of them and finishing people off in the run game. He has the talent to 
do so though and the mind. Very smart player Amarius Mims to go along with his crazy size and athleticism.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2024, 09:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Damn Titans, took Chido and now could take Samaje. Whatever

Perine did not have a great experience at Washington,
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Williams to me is another one of those players that makes the team by default of not having a better player to hold onto.

Perine atleast proved he could be efficient at all tasks for a period of time before leaving.

I want the best 3rd RB available at a good price.
I think there could be a better option than Williams.

Once you fill the #3 spot, you add a PS runningback.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2024, 11:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: One of the things Mims doesn't look great on. Thanks for pointing it out Synric as sometimes I get a little too over the top on the guy.

He has some things to work on. Playing through the whistle is one of them and finishing people off in the run game. He has the talent to 
do so though and the mind. Very smart player Amarius Mims to go along with his crazy size and athleticism.

In pass pro he gets those big mits on guys and stalls them it's crazy. I think as he gets more reps the run power and size is definitely going to show up in the game. 

Reply/Quote
Perine with his contract plus Moss with his contract = what they were paying Mixon and collectively falls within their "RB cap budget".

There is nothing that says Perine isn't as good as he was after being gone a year. His time in Denver was better (and equal to his time here stats wise) than Bell's time in Carolina (which he struggled with injuries and being benched) and everyone just acts like Bell will be the player he was 2 years ago.

Perine doesn't have the mileage, and 3m for a 6th pass blocker is peanuts. He set the tone on the Offense and when he was gone there was not bite or physicality on Offense. We don't beat KC without Perine setting the tone (massive stiff arms) in those games. He was an invaluable piece of the offense.

I'm not trying to cut Williams, I'm working the 53 to allow for a 4h rb. 

I'll have to see Moss in action here before I buy in. Disappointing we still don't know or haven't seen how he fits here after all offseason, camp, and preseason. We didn't get any answers about the run game and with the loss of Mixon, that was one of the things we were all looking to see materialize. 

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2024, 10:01 AM)jj22 Wrote: Perine with his contract plus Moss with his contract = what they were paying Mixon and collectively falls within their "RB cap budget".

There is nothing that says Perine isn't as good as he was after being gone a year. His time in Denver was better (and equal to his time here stats wise) than Bell's time in Carolina (which he struggled with injuries and being benched) and everyone just acts like Bell will be the player he was 2 years ago.

Perine doesn't have the mileage, and 3m for a 6th pass blocker is peanuts. He set the tone on the Offense and when he was gone there was not bite or physicality on Offense. We don't beat KC without Perine setting the tone (massive stiff arms) in those games. He was an invaluable piece of the offense.

I'm not trying to cut Williams, I'm working the 53 to allow for a 4h rb. 

His 3 million is more of a stumbling block as #3 now though
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2024, 10:04 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: His 3 million is more of a stumbling block as #3 now though

Sure if you look at it like that. But he'd be used more than the typical #3 Rb in this offense. 

I think we should look at it from what the Bengals are willing to pay a RB, which they have been willing to pay RB's so their "budget" for the position is more than what we see from other teams.

Getting two for the price of 1 is another way to look at it when it comes to affordability and paying Perine's 3m.

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2024, 10:06 AM)jj22 Wrote: Sure if you look at it like that. But he'd be used more than the typical #3 Rb in this offense. 

I think we should look at it from what the Bengals are willing to pay a RB, which they have been willing to pay RB's so their "budget" for the position is more than what we see from other teams.

I hear you but I know they look at it way more business perspective than even the most astute salary cap watchers on here do. I mean it’s like unbelievable. JMO they have their 2 and Trayveon and Perine had the same money to stay at Cincy and left.

Reply/Quote
Big congrats to Maema Njongmeta. Came in as an UDFA into an established room and took a spot. Respect due.

Reply/Quote
They celebrating a little too quick. No one is safe yet when you are the 52nd and 53rd man...

But good to see UDFA still getting the opportunity to make the team. The realistic ability to make the team always helps in recruitment of UDFA's after the draft.

Reply/Quote