Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RT Week 1
I feel like this isn't being talked about enough.

Who the hell is going to be this teams week 1 starting RT? Are Mims and Brown healthy enough to be available week 1? If they both are, who is it going to be? If they both aren't, who's it going to be?

My gut says it's going to be Brown, mainly because he's a vet, will most likely be healthy enough, and Mims wont be available week 1.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I have a funny feeling Brown won't be really ready for Wk 1 and could end up looking like L.Collins as he wasn't really ready with his back issues. Mims isn't ready yet either so RT could be Ford? Say What
Reply/Quote
Browns been practicing since the back issue that took him out to the Bears joint practice unless I missed an update today. So I assume it's him given Mims is still out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2024, 12:44 PM)jj22 Wrote: Browns been practicing since the back issue that took him out to the Bears joint practice unless I missed an update today. So I assume it's him given Mims is still out.

I feel like Browns injury was a VERY minor thing, they just held him out because of how important his week 1 availability is. Is he practicing full go? 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I think yesterday I heard on the radio he was back practicing full.

They did say that if Mims gets cleared this week the opening starting RT job would still be up in the air.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2024, 12:47 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I feel like Browns injury was a VERY minor thing, they just held him out because of how important his week 1 availability is. Is he practicing full go? 

He has been back practicing full
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
He wasn't really injured was he? I remember them reporting "tightness." They probably got Jordan Dalton to come in and do some pilates with him. 
Reply/Quote
Trent Brown will start because he is a solid veteran Offensive Tackle that fits the scheme of a pass heavy offense. We all know Trent Brown's injury history so this gives Amarius Mims time to get fully healthy, more practice reps, and potentially skirts the inevitable rookie wall.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2024, 04:42 PM)Synric Wrote: Trent Brown will start because he is a solid veteran Offensive Tackle that fits the scheme of a pass heavy offense. We all know Trent Brown's injury history so this gives Amarius Mims time to get fully healthy, more practice reps, and potentially skirts the inevitable rookie wall.

One more reason to go with Brown, motivated against his former team…
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2024, 04:42 PM)Synric Wrote: Trent Brown will start because he is a solid veteran Offensive Tackle that fits the scheme of a pass heavy offense. We all know Trent Brown's injury history so this gives Amarius Mims time to get fully healthy, more practice reps, and potentially skirts the inevitable rookie wall.

Mims is still not practicing, and Brown is practicing so first clue.

Brown also knows every weakness of Pats OL as well as strengths of Pats DL.

I hope we pick his brain and use the knowledge to beat the Pats into submission week #1.

I also hope Mims gets healthy quickly so he can back up starting tackles while he learns.
I am so ready for 2024 season. I love pro football and hoping for a great Bengals year. Regardless, always remember it is a game and entertainment. 
Reply/Quote
Well bringing Mims on board after KC wouldn’t be a bad thing or competition for both of them
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Looks like Mims is heading out to the rehab field today

Winning makes believers of us all

Reply/Quote
Trent Brown should be the RT as others have said. He is a top swing Tackle in the NFL and knows his old team very well and
should want some revenge. Hopefully Mims is ready to come in soon though if needed. The only problem with Trent Brown is
he has troubles staying healthy so we most likely will need Mims this year and he is light years better than Cody Ford already.
Reply/Quote
Both will be ready week 1 with Brown being the starter.
Reply/Quote
Yes I'd guess Brown will be the starter if healthy. But like I said in another thread I'd speculate they will start working Mims in ASAP.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2024, 12:22 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I feel like this isn't being talked about enough.

Who the hell is going to be this teams week 1 starting RT? Are Mims and Brown healthy enough to be available week 1? If they both are, who is it going to be? If they both aren't, who's it going to be?

My gut says it's going to be Brown, mainly because he's a vet, will most likely be healthy enough, and Mims wont be available week 1.

It’s not being talked about because it’s 99% Trent Brown starting, due to Mims injury and needing to recover

I think Mims may not even play week 1 if Brown does well during practice.

Mims would have to go insane imo to take the job from Trent

But with that said, they have always said he looks amazing when he practices so it could happen.
-Housh
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
It would be hard to justify starting a rookie over a veteran with 100 nfl game experience, who had a PFF of 80+ last year.

It would be amazing if the two Browns would start next to each other at some point with Mims at RT. Almost 750lbs double teaming Chris Jones to an early end to his 2024 season. Then Heyward.

When Mims is ready to go at some point, there is a tough decision to be made. Do you sit Brown, Mims or Volson?
Reply/Quote
Zac in his presser feels pretty good about having 2 veteran tackles starting.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote