Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Practice Squad
List your players who you believe earned a spot on the practice squad?

I was thinking of receivers, and while we tend to keep some on the practice squad, who really earned a spot? I think offensive depth we just didn't learn much about due to poor backup QB play this preseason.

I also didn't see any RB earn a spot.

Nor CB, or Safety?

Nor OT or OG....

Nor TE....

Nor DE or DT.....

Not sure why, but I am not seeing the "hate to cut them out of fear they won't make the ps" players after this preseason. Who am I missing? In prior years we all had that favorite that got cut or picked up off of waivers.... I'm not feeling all that great about the PS after this preseason.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
It's tough topic this year because of the games. Didn't seem like there was much action. It's also really tough to make a call on it because we really don't see what goes on in practice. I would think practice squad is earned there more so than in the games.

That being said, I would hate to lose any of our TEs.
Reply/Quote
Guys I think are PS guys if not claimed by another team?

RB: Collins
WR: Shedrick Jackson, Burgess
OT: Cochran
IOL: Gilliam
DT: D Davis
LB: Heyward

I think G/C Trey Hill, LB Devin Harper, and whichever TE does not make the 53 (if we don't keep 5) are also good candidates. That would be 10. A P (Rehkow), some DBs, QB3, and a DE seem likely or needed as well. That would put us at 15.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2024, 12:00 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Guys I think are PS guys if not claimed by another team?

RB: Collins
WR: Shedrick Jackson, Burgess
OT: Cochran
IOL: Gilliam
DT: D  Davis
LB: Heyward

I think G/C Trey Hill, LB Devin Harper, and whichever TE does not make the 53 (if we don't keep 5) are also good candidates. That would be 10. A P (Rehkow), some DBs, QB3, and a DE seem likely or needed as well. That would put us at 15.

I'm betting we keep whichever punter gets cut.  

Winning makes believers of us all

Reply/Quote
I thought Justin Blazek showed a good motor. Would like to see him on the practice squad.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2024, 12:49 PM)rupethereitis Wrote: I thought Justin Blazek showed a good motor.  Would like to see him on the practice squad.

If he was going on the PS, they probably wouldn't have released him yesterday

Winning makes believers of us all

Reply/Quote
I think Gilliam earned his spot.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I'm not sure why Woodside would make the PS outside of his throws to Burton. Other than that he stunted the growth of the offensive depth this preseason.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
If he goes unclaimed, Terrace Marshall 100%
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2024, 02:02 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: If he goes unclaimed, Terrace Marshall 100%

Would love to see it but I dont see how he isnt picked up by someone as WR#4 or #5.  Who does Mahomes have this year at WR?
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2024, 12:50 PM)pally Wrote: If he was going on the PS, they probably wouldn't have released him yesterday

That's true.  I did think Blazek looked like he had some potential.  Coming from a Div-III school, it might take him a little time to get adjusted.   If there is a spot, it might be worth it to keep him on the PS.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2024, 03:25 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Would love to see it but I dont see how he isnt picked up by someone as WR#4 or #5.  Who does Mahomes have this year at WR?

Juju just signed there. Maybe Bell can welcome him back in week 2!
Reply/Quote
Off the top of my head Glasick, Woodside, Pryor and Shedrick Jackson, Heyward, Tycen Anderson, Ivey, Bell (DT), Gilliam, Trey Hill and Tufele if possible would all be on my PS
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2024, 03:25 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Would love to see it but I dont see how he isnt picked up by someone as WR#4 or #5.  Who does Mahomes have this year at WR?

Rashee Rice with his eight felonies and an assault this offseason probably isn't going to be a factor.

Hollywood Brown (currently has a shoulder injury)
Juju
1st rd rookie Xavier Worthy
Justin Watson

Plus Kelce is basically a WR.

[Image: andrew-whitworth-with-a-nice-block-on-aj...-catch.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2024, 05:40 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Rashee Rice with his eight felonies and an assault this offseason probably isn't going to be a factor.

Hollywood Brown
Juju
1st rd rookie Xavier Worthy
Justin Watson

Plus Kelce is basically a WR.

So far Rashee Rice has no criminal charges. He has a Civil Court case about the car wreck and fleeing but a Civil case in December won't cause him to be suspended this season at least. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2024, 05:43 PM)Synric Wrote: So far Rashee Rice has no criminal charges. He has a Civil Court case about the car wreck and fleeing but a Civil case in December won't cause him to be suspended this season at least. 

Did they drop them all? Because...

https://dpdbeat.com/2024/04/10/arrest-warrants-issued-in-serious-bodily-injury-crash-on-north-central-expressway/
Quote:Rashee Rice – One count of Aggravated Assault, one count of Collision Involving Serious Bodily Injury, six counts of Collision Involving Injury.

https://www.kmbc.com/article/kansas-city-chiefs-wide-receiver-rashee-rice-turns-himself-in-to-police/60473477
Quote:Rice faces eight charges in connection to a high-speed crash in Dallas, including six counts of collision involving bodily injury, one count of collision involving bodily injury, and one count of aggravated assault.

A $5,000 bond was requested on each charge, leaving Rice with a $40,000 combined bond total.
In Texas, aggravated assault carries a punishment of imprisonment for a duration of two to 20 years.

https://www.newsweek.com/rashee-rice-arrested-charges-kansas-city-chiefs-nfl-1889265
Quote:uper Bowl winner Rashee Rice potentially faces 35 years in prison over his involvement in a high-speed collision.

The 23-year-old Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver has one day to turn himself in after an arrest warrant was issued by the Dallas Police Department (DPD).
Rice has admitted involvement in the crash and faces charges for eight alleged felonies according to the warrant cited by local media outlet WFAA: six counts of collision involving bodily injury, one count of collision involving serious bodily injury, and one count of aggravated assault.

[Image: andrew-whitworth-with-a-nice-block-on-aj...-catch.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2024, 01:43 PM)jj22 Wrote: I'm not sure why Woodside would make the PS outside of his throws to Burton. Other than that he stunted the growth of the offensive depth this preseason.

Woodside was atrocious
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2024, 05:55 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Did they drop them all? Because...

https://dpdbeat.com/2024/04/10/arrest-warrants-issued-in-serious-bodily-injury-crash-on-north-central-expressway/

https://www.kmbc.com/article/kansas-city-chiefs-wide-receiver-rashee-rice-turns-himself-in-to-police/60473477

They haven't charged him with any of the charges. It could be that it hasn't went in front of a grand jury yet but as of right now he only has a Civil Court case in December over rhe wreck. I was surprised too.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
If no one picks up Carman he'll be on the PS
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2024, 06:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If no one picks up Carman he'll be on the PS

I think somebody predicted that Carman would start somewhere week 1.
Reply/Quote