Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds August Game Thread 2024
Guess this is something we should expect now that everyday is suddenly a bullpen day.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2024, 09:45 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Guess this is something we should expect now that everyday is suddenly a bullpen day.

Doesn’t excuse the lack of offense, or terrible fundamentals.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
[Image: seinfeld-leaving.gif]

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2024, 09:51 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Doesn’t excuse the lack of offense, or terrible fundamentals.

I agree about the offense but that ball was hit to the middle of nowhere and it was amazing that anyone got a glove on it to begin with.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2024, 10:03 PM)cinci4life Wrote: I agree about the offense but that ball was hit to the middle of nowhere and it was amazing that anyone got a glove on it to begin with.

Still never want to see 3 guys almost run into each other.

Marte’s error was ugly as well.

Reply/Quote
Evan Kravetz called up and Legumina sent down. Fairchild transferred to the 60 day to open a spot. The bigger news is Lowder is also being called up and starting on Friday. 2 moves still need to be made to open a spot on the 40 man and active roster.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2024/08/reds-to-promote-rhett-lowder.html
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2024, 05:42 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Evan Kravetz called up and Legumina sent down. Fairchild transferred to the 60 day to open a spot. The bigger news is Lowder is also being called up and starting on Friday. 2 moves still need to be made to open a spot on the 40 man and active roster.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2024/08/reds-to-promote-rhett-lowder.html

It's actually incredible how all of our starters are injured. I'm really excited about Lowder. I hope he has a good debut. I also hope they don't just get one start and send him back down. If they are promoting him now, I want it to be for development, not to fill a start. We aren't making the playoffs this season, so they should treat this as a development opportunity and just give him the final month of the season in the majors (unless he just bombs hard, then maybe send him down if he's clearly not ready).
Reply/Quote
Wow they were down 5-0 and i pretty much gave up and now they are up 6-5. Pagan just gave it right back.
Reply/Quote
Lost 3 of 4 to the Pirates and now 2-straight to the Athletics. This was supposed to be the easy part of our remaining schedule. Pathetic.

[Image: andrew-whitworth-with-a-nice-block-on-aj...-catch.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2024, 10:13 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Lost 3 of 4 to the Pirates and now 2-straight to the Athletics. This was supposed to be the easy part of our remaining schedule. Pathetic.

We don't have a pitching staff left. Did you actually expect it to be easy?
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2024, 10:13 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Lost 3 of 4 to the Pirates and now 2-straight to the Athletics. This was supposed to be the easy part of our remaining schedule. Pathetic.

Luckily football season is almost here.
Reply/Quote
LOL

Bell brings in Pagan with a one run lead in the 8th inning. Who could have predicted that outcome?  . . . Other than just about every Reds fan.

I've said before that he's late to realize that certain pitchers do not do well in high leverage situations. I'm just hoping that this string of losses will help get Bell out the door but Krall will just consider that the injuries are why they are losing and give him another pass.

And Friedl is still the cleanup hitter for some stupid reason.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote

Exactly.

I'm thankful the Reds were at least somewhat in contention through most of Summer and also the Olympics were this Summer to keep me entertained from a sports perspective, but it's clear now at the end of August that the Reds aren't a playoff contender and will probably end up worse than last year, which is not good.
Hopefully they don't rest on their laurels this coming offseason and actually add another hitter or two. Plus, they will need to figure out 1-2 more pitchers for both the rotation and bullpen with some departures. Montas's spot is up for grabs and Martinez likely won't sign his option either.

Bring on football season!
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Let's see if this big comeback goes to waste.
Reply/Quote
Anyone surprised that Diaz blew another save?
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2024, 08:08 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Let's see if this big comeback goes to waste.

And it does.
Reply/Quote
Gotta stop drinking the koolaid. What a joke of a team
Reply/Quote
Every move that Bell makes, ends up backfiring, be it pitching changes, batters, position of fielders, it just doesn’t matter.
Reply/Quote
Diaz's ERA up to 4.86.
Reply/Quote
Like a loud fart in a crowded elevator, the Reds are just embarrassing.

[Image: andrew-whitworth-with-a-nice-block-on-aj...-catch.gif]
Reply/Quote