Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Practice Squad
(08-27-2024, 06:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If no one picks up Carman he'll be on the PS

I sure hope not...let him "figure it out" on someone else's payroll. We have wasted enough money, time and development on him. 
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2024, 06:50 PM)Memphis_Bengal Wrote: I sure hope not...let him "figure it out" on someone else's payroll. We have wasted enough money, time and development on him. 

I predict that the story of the snow game in Buffalo will be a topic at his family reunions for decades. That time he "finally got his shot" to show what he could do.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2024, 05:56 PM)Synric Wrote: They haven't charged him with any of the charges. It could be that it hasn't went in front of a grand jury yet but as of right now he only has a Civil Court case in December over rhe wreck. I was surprised too.

Of course they have charged him, he is currently out on bond.   He likely waived the grand jury.  The victim of the assault accusation didnt want to press charges, but he was arrested and charged with 8 felonies with the car issue.  Where are you seeing he is not facing charges?

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2024, 07:39 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Of course they have charged him, he is currently out on bond.   He likely waived the grand jury.  The victim of the assault accusation didnt want to press charges, but he was arrested and charged with 8 felonies with the car issue.  Where are you seeing he is not facing charges?

Ok so how it works is the Police brings the suspect up on charges and a bond is set. After that the case goes to a Grand Jury (it's not something you waive) to see if their is enough evidence to take the charges to court or drop the charges. As of right now nothing has happened in the case since the initial arrest so the NFL's hands are tied until there's a plea hearing which hasn't been set yet. 

Rice might not end up getting suspended until the 2025 season crcriminal courts are slow.

Edit: Guess I was wrong you can waive the grand jury indictment but doing so is pleading guilty and sentencing happens. We haven't heard anything about him pleading or sentencing and rhe NFL hasn't taken action so I don't expect him to have waive the Grand Jury.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2024, 07:52 PM)Synric Wrote: Ok so how it works is the Police brings the suspect up on charges and a bond is set. After that the case goes to a Grand Jury (it's not something you waive) to see if their is enough evidence to take the charges to court or drop the charges. As of right now nothing has happened in the case since the initial arrest so the NFL's hands are tied until there's a plea hearing which hasn't been set yet. 

Rice might not end up getting suspended until the 2025 season crcriminal courts are slow.

Are you saying that defendants cannot waive indictment of a felony by a grand jury?

Where have you seen that he is not currently under bond for active criminal charges?

(Preliminary hearings can also be waived.)

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2024, 08:11 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Are you saying that defendants cannot waive indictment of a felony by a grand jury?

Where have you seen that he is not currently under bond for active criminal charges?

(Plea hearings can also be waived.)

I was wrong you can waive the grand jury but that's pleading guilty and you are sentenced. We haven't heard anything about sentencing or thr NFL taking action so I don't expect him to have waived the grand jury. The Grand jury has like a year to bring him up on formal charges. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2024, 07:52 PM)Synric Wrote: Ok so how it works is the Police brings the suspect up on charges and a bond is set. After that the case goes to a Grand Jury (it's not something you waive) to see if their is enough evidence to take the charges to court or drop the charges. As of right now nothing has happened in the case since the initial arrest so the NFL's hands are tied until there's a plea hearing which hasn't been set yet. 

Edit: Guess I was wrong you can waive the grand jury indictment but doing so is pleading guilty and sentencing happens. We haven't heard anything about him pleading or sentencing and rhe NFL hasn't taken action so I don't expect him to have waive the Grand Jury.

Waiving a grand jury = pleading guilty?  

A grand jury convenes to decide on probable cause, has nothing to do with guilt.  Rice already admitted to his actions so a probable cause hearing is not necessary, but that does not mean that he will admit guilt to the actual charges.  That is totally different.

Im not sure which state codes you are referencing in your legal analysis?

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2024, 08:17 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Waiving a grand jury = pleading guilty?  

A grand jury convenes to decide on probable cause, has nothing to do with guilt.  Rice already admitted to his actions so a probable cause hearing is not necessary, but that does not mean that he will admit guilt to the actual charges.  That is totally different.

Im not sure which state codes you are referencing in your legal analysis?

Meh silly arugment sither way you look at it because the NFL cannot take action until Rice either pleads guilty or the courts convict him. 

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2024, 08:26 PM)Synric Wrote: Meh silly arugment sither way you look at it because the NFL cannot take action until Rice either pleads guilty or the courts convict him. 

Absolutely agree my man.

Reply/Quote
If I had to guess:

QB: Woodside
RB: Collins
WR: Jackson, Burgess
TE: Grandy
OT: Cochran
IOL: Gilliam, T. Hill
DE: Blazek
DT: D. Davis, Bell
LB: Heyward
CB: Brooks
S: Jules

That is 14. I could see some getting snatched up or suoerceeded by a FA/waiver pick up. We may not put a TE on the PS with keeping 5.

And we couod leave some soits open for when Murphy/Robbins/Ivey are ready to return & displace someone from the 53.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2024, 08:54 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: If I had to guess:

QB: Woodside
RB: Collins
WR: Jackson, Burgess
TE: Grandy
OT: Cochran
IOL: Gilliam, T. Hill
DE: Blazek
DT: D. Davis, Bell
LB: Heyward
CB: Brooks
S: Jules

That is 14. I could see some getting snatched up or suoerceeded by a FA/waiver pick up. We may not put a TE on the PS with keeping 5.

And we couod leave some soits open for when Murphy/Robbins/Ivey are ready to return & displace someone from the 53.

They seem to really like Jalen Davis. He probably gets a spot.

Reply/Quote
Vikings cut S Lewis Cine their 2022 first round pick (1 spot after Dax Hill). I wonder what went wrong there... Vikings cut ties with draft picks so quickly.

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2024, 09:20 PM)Synric Wrote: Vikings cut S Lewis Cine their 2022 first round pick (1 spot after Dax Hill). I wonder what went wrong there... Vikings cut ties with draft picks so quickly.

I wasnt a Cine in the 1st round proponent, but I really liked the guy.  He was a true free safety.  I guess he never fully regained his speed or mojo after the compound fractures to his leg?

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2024, 07:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I predict that the story of the snow game in Buffalo will be a topic at his family reunions for decades. That time he "finally got his shot" to show what he could do.

Well if you are gonna have a game to remember the snow game in Buffalo was the one. I was lucky enough to go that game and I will never forget it.  I could live the rest of my life just on memories of that game.  It was that good. 
Reply/Quote
Blazek
Heyward, Harper
George, Davis
Gilliam, Hill, Carman
S. Jackson, Lassiter
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2024, 09:32 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I wasnt a Cine in the 1st round proponent, but I really liked the guy.  He was a true free safety.  I guess he never fully regained his speed or mojo after the compound fractures to his leg?

Oh didn't hear about the leg. That could be it. I was thinking it was the Flores change he likes to blitz from everywhere and if I remember correctly Cine was a post cover 1 safety. I was kinda iffy on Cine because that Georgia defense was stacked in front of him.

Reply/Quote
When will they have the practice squad set?
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2024, 08:26 PM)Synric Wrote: Meh silly arugment sither way you look at it because the NFL cannot take action until Rice either pleads guilty or the courts convict him. 

They can. They can put him on the commissioner exempt list as they did with Michael Hall Jr in Cleveland. I am actually curious why they haven't.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2024, 09:39 AM)Destro Wrote: When will they have the practice squad set?

Should be today after 12pm. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2024, 09:56 AM)Au165 Wrote: They can. They can put him on the commissioner exempt list as they did with Michael Hall Jr in Cleveland. I am actually curious why they haven't.

The Browns put him on Hall on the NFI. Mike Hall has pleaded not guilty and has his first hearing on Sept. 10th. Hall's case sounds a little further along in the process.

Reply/Quote